Windows 10: Microsoft Family - Child can remove themselves from the family

Discus and support Microsoft Family - Child can remove themselves from the family in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have setup Microsoft Family with my children added as child accounts. My children can login to their accounts at family.microsoft.com and simply... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Chris_198, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Chris_198 Win User

Microsoft Family - Child can remove themselves from the family

I have setup Microsoft Family with my children added as child accounts.

My children can login to their accounts at family.microsoft.com and simply click the link "Leave family group" and they are removed from the group and from any screen time limits etc.

This seems like a serious issue as it negates the point of setting any restrictions if it is this easy to circumvent them.

Please advise if there are additional settings required to prevent children from removing themselves from the family group.

I've checked the DOB for each child and that is correct.

:)

Chris_198, Jan 5, 2020

2. Unable to remove child account from Family

I am also having the same issue I am not able to remove the childs account I followed the steps and after doing so I received this message in error (
    Select Manage my child’s profile info, find your child, then select
    Remove consent for this child’s account. Then, try removing this member again).
    I'm completely lost I cant find where im given the option to do so (remove consent)

daddyzgirl, Jan 5, 2020
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    microsoft family questions

Hello,

You might be facing this issue due to the account is not configured properly.
    We suggest you to remove the child account from family safety, re-add it again and check if the issue still persists. You may follow the steps below:

Remove a child via Family Safety website

• Sign in at account.microsoft.com/family using the parent account.
    • Click the More button next to the child account that you want to remove.
    • Then click Remove from family. Click again on
      Remove to confirm.

Add a child via Family Safety website

• Sign in at
      account.microsoft.com/family
      using the parent account.
    • If this is your first time setting up a family, select Add a child.

If you've already added child accounts to your family, go to Select a child to view or edit their settings and then select
      Add.
    • Enter your child's email address and select Send invite. If your child doesn't have an email address, select
      Create a new email address for your child and follow the instructions on the screen.

Your child will need to accept the invite from their email.

Let us know how it goes and we will be glad to assist you further.

Ferdz Amp, Jan 5, 2020
  4. Microsoft Family - Child can remove themselves from the family

Unable to remove child account from Family

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to removing the child account from family. I thank you for bringing this to our notice regarding the settings.

Let me provide you another way to remove the child account from family.

1. Go to
      family.microsoft.com
    2. Sign in with your Microsoft account.
    3. Under your child’s name click on
      More options.
    4. Now click on Remove from family and then click on Remove.

Once you confirm to remove the child account, it should be removed from the family group.

Let us know if you have any concerns, we will be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Family - Child can remove themselves from the family

1. Microsoft Family - Child can remove themselves from the family - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Child

2. Family organizers are not able to remove themselves from the Family Group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family organizers are not able to remove themselves from the Family Group: My self and my husband are organizers on our Microsoft Family Account and neither of us can seem to remove the other, or ourselves, from our Family. I tried contacting chat support and they were not able to figure out why it is happening "case number 7031143797" and referred...
  3. Family organizers are not able to remove themselves from the Family Group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family organizers are not able to remove themselves from the Family Group: My self and my husband are organizers on our Microsoft Family Account and neither of us can seem to remove the other, or ourselves, from our Family. I tried contacting chat support and they were not able to figure out why it is happening "case number 7031143797" and referred...
  4. child removed from family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    child removed from family group: My son and I both got an email from MS saying, "You were removed from your family group" in my case, "your child was removed". Neither of us did anything to remove him from the group. There is no explanation from Microsoft. Any idea why this happened?My concern is the someone...
  5. child removed from family group

child removed from family group: My son and I both got an email from MS saying, "You were removed from your family group" in my case, "your child was removed". Neither of us did anything to remove him from the group. There is no explanation from Microsoft. Any idea why this happened?My concern is the someone...
  6. Family Organizer cannot remove child from Family in Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Organizer cannot remove child from Family in Family Safety: Family Organizers cannot remove child from Family.Device screen time limits do not work.All troubleshooting has been followed.MS online chat support was not able to fix the problem.Tech support needed to fix problem....
  7. Family Organizer cannot remove child from Family in Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Organizer cannot remove child from Family in Family Safety: Family Organizers cannot remove child from Family.Device screen time limits do not work.All troubleshooting has been followed.MS online chat support was not able to fix the problem.Tech support needed to fix problem....
  8. Family Organizer cannot remove child from Family in Family Safety

9. how to remove a child from a family!

how to remove a child from a family!: Hello, I have A problem with Family safety.I want to remove a child from the family to reorganise it the objective, is to have both children in the same family and I manage two with different accounts.Thus, I tried everything but don't find the remove as for adult, nor in my...
  10. Removing a Child from Microsoft Family

Removing a Child from Microsoft Family: Hello Microsoft Community, My parents wanted to change my account from child to adult status and it seems that there is no way to do this without removing the child from the family and re-adding them as an adult. My account, the one that they are trying to change, is used...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. glf lv9vv0ktrhrr.1.0 (win32:chrome.exe:c=us s=ca l=mountain view o=google llc cn=google llc)

2. b5zv6aet4kwdmj5u.6.0 (win32:chrome.exe:c=us s=ca l=mountain view o=google llc cn=google llc)

3. vxedhpkybu6rj5i7.4.0 (win32:chrome.exe:c=us s=ca l=mountain view o=google llc cn=google llc)

4. 7EvDkZv33EivLNFi.4.0 (Win32:chrome.exe:C=US S=ca L=Mountain View O=Google LLC CN=Google LLC),
  5. gxPapczi9U6hkyPb.20.0 (Win32:chrome.exe:C=US S=ca L=Mountain View O=Google LLC CN=Google LLC),
  6. ys/ujpvwjk2jkad5.0 (win32:chrome.exe:c=us s=ca l=mountain view o=google llc cn=google llc),
  7. hw1g57sa1kuku3cn.1.0 (win32:chrome.exe:c=us s=ca l=mountain view o=google llc cn=google llc),
  8. aqozgldpieeainpx.12.0 (win32:chrome.exe:c=us s=ca l=mountain view o=google llc cn=google llc),
  9. UbVOATmPS0qnD FY.11.0 (Win32:chrome.exe:C=US S=ca L=Mountain View O=Google LLC CN=Google LLC),
  10. how to leave microsoft family as a child,
  11. can a chile rmeove itself from fmail ymemebr microsoft,
  12. windows children can remove themselves from family