Windows 10: Microsoft family child removal not working

Discus and support Microsoft family child removal not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was recently removed from my Microsoft family account, with help from Microsoft support, the support person told me that if I restarted my computer I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IanParish2274, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Microsoft family child removal not working

I was recently removed from my Microsoft family account, with help from Microsoft support, the support person told me that if I restarted my computer I would be removed from the family. After restarting the computer I still had to ask to use google, when I clicked the ask by email option it said something had gone wrong. I have no idea what to do, any suggestions would be welcome, thanks.

:)

IanParish2274, Dec 28, 2018

2. How do I permanently remove a child from the Microsoft family feature?

Hi,

If you're sharing a Windows 10 device with your child, letting them sign in with their own accounts will give them the freedom to explore safely while you're still able to set up appropriate age restrictions and time limits, and make sure they're not visiting
    any websites or using any apps or games that aren't right for them. Now, if you opt to permanently remove a child account from the Microsoft family features, you can follow these steps:

• As an adult in the family, sign in to
      account.microsoft.com/family
      with your Microsoft account on any PC or device.
    • Open Settings in Windows 10, click Accounts, and select
      Family & other users, then click Manage family settings online.
    • Click Remove under Your family tab, and select the child account that you want to remove, and click
      Remove again.
    • After that, you will get an email confirming that the child has been removed from the family.

Let us know if you have other concerns. Feel free to post back.

Marque Lor, Dec 28, 2018
  3. How do I remove my son from his friend's Microsoft Family?

Hi Brett,

Follow the steps below on how you can remove the child account from the Family:

• Using the child account, sign in at https://account.microsoft.com/family.
    • Click on Remove yourself under the child account.
    • Click Remove to confirm.
    • You will get an email confirmation that you have been removed from the family.
    Click on this link for steps on how to add the child account to your family.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Dec 28, 2018
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

Microsoft family child removal not working

microsoft family questions

Hello,

You might be facing this issue due to the account is not configured properly.
    We suggest you to remove the child account from family safety, re-add it again and check if the issue still persists. You may follow the steps below:

Remove a child via Family Safety website

• Sign in at account.microsoft.com/family using the parent account.
    • Click the More button next to the child account that you want to remove.
    • Then click Remove from family. Click again on
      Remove to confirm.

Add a child via Family Safety website

• Sign in at
      account.microsoft.com/family
      using the parent account.
    • If this is your first time setting up a family, select Add a child.

If you've already added child accounts to your family, go to Select a child to view or edit their settings and then select
      Add.
    • Enter your child's email address and select Send invite. If your child doesn't have an email address, select
      Create a new email address for your child and follow the instructions on the screen.

Your child will need to accept the invite from their email.

Let us know how it goes and we will be glad to assist you further.

Ferdz Amp, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft family child removal not working

1. Microsoft family child removal not working - Similar Threads - Microsoft family child

2. Microsoft Family Safety removing a child

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Safety removing a child: My daughter is now a lot older and so if I remove her from Microsoft Family Safety does this remove her account from the PC ?I just want to remove the Microsoft Family Safety control but allow her to access the computer as normal. She has a lot of school work that I do not...
  3. Microsoft Family Safety removing a child

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety removing a child: My daughter is now a lot older and so if I remove her from Microsoft Family Safety does this remove her account from the PC ?I just want to remove the Microsoft Family Safety control but allow her to access the computer as normal. She has a lot of school work that I do not...
  4. Microsoft Family Safety removing a child

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to remove child account from Microsoft Family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove child account from Microsoft Family: I have a Microsoft Family setup with myself, my wife, and two accounts for our son. When I try to remove the account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** from the family I get an error telling me to try the other parent account to remove the child account. So I signed...
  6. remove a child in family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove a child in family safety: I can't remove my child from the family safety in Microsoft.The e-mailadress from my child is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** e-mailadres is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** am not aloud to remove Evian, I do not understand why.Can you help me?Greets,...
  7. remove a child in family safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remove a child in family safety: I can't remove my child from the family safety in Microsoft.The e-mailadress from my child is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** e-mailadres is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** am not aloud to remove Evian, I do not understand why.Can you help me?Greets,...
  8. Microsoft Family - how to prevent child from removing

Microsoft Family - how to prevent child from removing: My child is able to remove themselves from our Microsoft Family monitoring making the restrictions we set useless. Is there a way to prevent? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-how-to-prevent-child-from/c3b43da6-ee69-4a65-978d-cd05236b2fe5
  9. Microsoft Family - Child can remove themselves from the family

Microsoft Family - Child can remove themselves from the family: I have setup Microsoft Family with my children added as child accounts. My children can login to their accounts at family.microsoft.com and simply click the link "Leave family group" and they are removed from the group and from any screen time limits etc. This seems like a...
  10. Removing a Child from Microsoft Family

Removing a Child from Microsoft Family: Hello Microsoft Community, My parents wanted to change my account from child to adult status and it seems that there is no way to do this without removing the child from the family and re-adding them as an adult. My account, the one that they are trying to change, is used...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft family not working