Windows 10: Microsoft Family does not limit my sons time on his computer

Discus and support Microsoft Family does not limit my sons time on his computer in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have got Microsoft Family on my sons computer. I have set screentime limits. I have not set any app limits yet. The PC runs Windows 10. Every... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SiBrown, Apr 14, 2020.

1. SiBrown Win User

Microsoft Family does not limit my sons time on his computer

I have got Microsoft Family on my sons computer. I have set screentime limits. I have not set any app limits yet. The PC runs Windows 10.

Every day I get "your son would like more screen time". Only ONCE has it ever locked him out. He has limits of 3 hours per day on the computer. At the end of the week I get the very nice report as to how much time he has spent on his computer. It suggests that screentime for last week was 110 hours.

So how is that possible on 3 hours per day? It's not. The system just DOES NOT work.

Regards,

Simon

:)

SiBrown, Apr 14, 2020

2. Time limits in Microsoft Family

Hello HalloSturmhorst,

I recommend that you try the following steps to troubleshoot Family issues:

1. Remove the child account from your Microsoft Family account and add it back.

2. Go to your adult account on the Family page, and toggle off/on time set limits for your son account.

If you need more information about troubleshooting family issues, use this link to read the forum article.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Marcel Kuri, Apr 14, 2020
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    My son is able to bypass the PC screen time limit on Windows 10

Hi Cornell,

One of the possible reasons why you encounter your concern is sometimes your child’s Microsoft account may expire on their device and it will not be recognized as one of the existing child accounts in your family. To resolve your concern, we suggest
    that you remove the exiting child account of your son in your family and add it back again. To do this follow the steps below:

• To remove an account on your family, follow these steps:
    A. From a web browser, go to
    http://account.microsoft.com/family
    and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.

B. To remove a child, select Remove at the top of the section labeled Select a child to view or edit their settings.

To remove an adult, including the account you used to sign in with, select Remove at the top of the Adults section. If you're the only adult in the family, you'll need to remove all the kids before you can remove yourself.

C. Select the person you want to remove from the family.

D. Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.

2. To add a child in your family, follow the steps provided on this

link

In addition, sign in your son’s Microsoft account on his device to refresh it. To do this, select the
    Start button, then select Settings > Accounts and follow the prompt to verify his account. If the issue persists, we suggest that you check this

link
    to know how to fix screen time limits if it’s not working in Windows 10.

Let me know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Microsoft Family does not limit my sons time on his computer

time limits in family not working

Hi Barbara,

We would like to know more details about your concern about the Family Safety time limit that is not working so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Does it happen only with particular child account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you refer to this
    support link
    on how to set up screen time limits for your child.

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Family does not limit my sons time on his computer

1. Microsoft Family does not limit my sons time on his computer - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family does

2. Family Safety does not limit my child’s time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety does not limit my child’s time: I don’t know what to do. It just never works. I’ve updated everything, but it just doesn’t limit his time. He has 0 minutes for a day and it shows 0 minutes used in the app, but does not prevent him from logging in or using the PC....
  3. Family Safety does not limit my child’s time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety does not limit my child’s time: I don’t know what to do. It just never works. I’ve updated everything, but it just doesn’t limit his time. He has 0 minutes for a day and it shows 0 minutes used in the app, but does not prevent him from logging in or using the PC....
  4. Family Safety does not limit my child’s time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. my son bypass the windows family screen time by changing the time in his pc.

my son bypass the windows family screen time by changing the time in his pc.: my son bypass the windows family screen time by changing the time in his pc. is there a way that i can set up in microsoft family that my son is on Eastern Time to avoid this? Note: my son is 14 and avid pc gamer and code Python developer... thus please only replay with real...
  6. my son bypass the windows family screen time by changing the time in his pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my son bypass the windows family screen time by changing the time in his pc.: my son bypass the windows family screen time by changing the time in his pc. is there a way that i can set up in microsoft family that my son is on Eastern Time to avoid this? Note: my son is 14 and avid pc gamer and code Python developer... thus please only replay with real...
  7. my son bypass the windows family screen time by changing the time in his pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. microsoft family group time limits

microsoft family group time limits: i removed myself from our microsoft family group a few weeks ago, and yet i still have time limits active on my account - i had read that accounts not in a family group should not be affected by the time limits set in that family group so you can understand my confusion...
  9. Time limits, Microsoft family

Time limits, Microsoft family: We have Microsoft family and my dad set screen time limits for my games. I think I sometimes get less time than it is expected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-limits-microsoft-family/39fb731d-7171-4366-8212-ecef5cfef999"
  10. screen time limits in microsoft family

screen time limits in microsoft family: i am having a terrible time trying to set up screen time limits for my child in windows and his xbox one. i've signed in and out of my account and the child's account a dozen times, sending the email invite to join the family and otherwise following the instructions....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft family settings time