Windows 10: Microsoft Family Down

Discus and support Microsoft Family Down in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,My son is locked out of his computer and I get an error message when trying to give him more time via the Family safety app or website. It seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bean414, Sep 7, 2022.

1. Bean414 Win User

Microsoft Family Down

Hi,My son is locked out of his computer and I get an error message when trying to give him more time via the Family safety app or website. It seems like the whole system is down.

:)

Bean414, Sep 7, 2022
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, Sep 7, 2022
  3. Microsoft Family

Hi,

It could be because of the settings on the Family and Safety feature or the account you're using is added to a Family. With that being said, we suggest that you check if the account that you are using is a part of the
    Family list. To check on it, go to Cortana
    and search for Family Options.

To remove your account to the Family, you may follow the steps below:

• Use the Adult account to log in using this link.
    • Click on the Family tab.
    • On the account that you want to remove, click More > Remove from family.
    • Then click Remove to confirm.

Let us know how it goes and feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Sep 7, 2022
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

Microsoft Family Down

Microsoft family blocking chrome

Hello
    MayceHoag,

To disable family features and turn off family settings on Windows 10, I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in these support articles:

Make sure you're signed in with your Microsoft account to
    account.microsoft.com/family

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Sep 7, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft Family Down

1. Microsoft Family Down - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Down

2. Family Safety is down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety is down: Family Safety is down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-safety-is-down/cca650f4-89fc-422f-b780-630eed5ec9e0
  3. Family Safety is down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety is down: Family Safety is down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-safety-is-down/cca650f4-89fc-422f-b780-630eed5ec9e0
  4. Microsoft family safety is down

Microsoft family safety is down: Microsoft family safety is not working since 9AM PST. It has been down for more than 40 minutes. When will it be back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-safety-is-down/8b12b8ef-f6cb-456b-8b51-05b8f005028a
  5. Microsoft family safety is down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft family safety is down: Microsoft family safety is not working since 9AM PST. It has been down for more than 40 minutes. When will it be back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-safety-is-down/8b12b8ef-f6cb-456b-8b51-05b8f005028a
  6. Microsoft Family Safety Down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety Down?: Hi,Is Microsoft Family Safety down? I'm getting the following error when I try and grant access:"Something went wrong on our end. Give it a few minutes, then try again."It's been like this since last night.Thanks,Liam...
  7. Microsoft Family Safety Down?

Microsoft Family Safety Down?: Hi,Is Microsoft Family Safety down? I'm getting the following error when I try and grant access:"Something went wrong on our end. Give it a few minutes, then try again."It's been like this since last night.Thanks,Liam...
  8. Microsoft Family Down

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Down: Hi,My son is locked out of his computer and I get an error message when trying to give him more time via the Family safety app or website. It seems like the whole system is down....
  9. Microsoft Family Down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Down: Hi,My son is locked out of his computer and I get an error message when trying to give him more time via the Family safety app or website. It seems like the whole system is down....
  10. Microsoft Family Site Down

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Site Down: The fault is at your end - as that is what the screen says, and that's fine. When will it be fixed as my children cannot access their computers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-site-down/1503c520-c63e-4a19-aeb4-06c9ae2fc13c"