Windows 10: Microsoft Family Emails in wrong language

Discus and support Microsoft Family Emails in wrong language in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, When I receive emails from Microsoft Family they are in French, while Dutch is my selected language in my account settings. I have seen other... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by KimVanbrabant, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Microsoft Family Emails in wrong language

Hello,

When I receive emails from Microsoft Family they are in French, while Dutch is my selected language in my account settings.

I have seen other people reporting the same problem.

How can I correct this?

Regards,

Kim Vanbrabant

:)

KimVanbrabant, Oct 25, 2019
  2. Sechariah Win User

Family reports come in wrong language

• What device are you using for checking emails from My Family settings?
      Surface 3, Mail Version 17.8500.40955.0
    • Have you checked if the region/country settings of your Microsoft account are in English?,
      Country/Region: Thailand, Time Zone: Bangkok, Thailand – ICT, All settings, menus and text here are in English
    • Have you checked if other associated Microsoft accounts are in English language?
      Such as????

Sechariah, Oct 25, 2019
  3. Wrong "adult" email address used in family setup

Hi,

Try the steps below.

• Sign into http://familysafety.microsoft.com with that Microsoft account.
    • Click the Manage my family link at the bottom of the summary page.
    • Select the affected user under Family Members and click
      Remove family member at the top left of the screen.
    • At this point you should be able to add that family member to the correct (new) family.
    If the issue persist, I suggest you to create a new email address for your son and add to the family account and check.

Hope this helps. Keep posting in Microsoft Community for any further queries that you face. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Oct 25, 2019
  4. Aaron_Sum Win User

Microsoft Family Emails in wrong language

Family Safety Reports in the wrong language

Thank you for your reply.

Please check the ‘Country/Region’ of your 'Microsoft account' to which you are receiving these emails. You can follow the steps below.

1. Please click on this ‘link’.
    2. Login with your associated 'Microsoft account'.
    3. Change your ‘Country/Region’ to your location.
    4. Click the ‘Save’ button at the bottom.

I would also suggest you to check the region and language settings on your devices that is associated with the ‘Microsoft account’ or the ‘Child account’ linked to the ‘Microsoft account’. An example of a device connected to 'Microsoft
    account' could be Xbox.

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Family Emails in wrong language

1. Microsoft Family Emails in wrong language - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Emails

2. Emails from Microsoft sent to me in wrong language Spanish

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emails from Microsoft sent to me in wrong language Spanish: Emails sent to me from Microsoft.com such as account security emails are sent to me in Spanish. This is not about a certain product, but there is not a Microsoft account option.This is not an issue with my email account translating it incorrectly. They arrive in Spanish...
  3. Emails from Microsoft sent to me in wrong language Spanish

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Emails from Microsoft sent to me in wrong language Spanish: Emails sent to me from Microsoft.com such as account security emails are sent to me in Spanish. This is not about a certain product, but there is not a Microsoft account option.This is not an issue with my email account translating it incorrectly. They arrive in Spanish...
  4. Family Safety Reports in the wrong language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Reports in the wrong language: In my account settings both display and preferred languages are English. I receive the messages from Microsoft Family Safety in a language I do not know.How to fix it?Please help...
  5. Family Safety Reports in the wrong language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety Reports in the wrong language: In my account settings both display and preferred languages are English. I receive the messages from Microsoft Family Safety in a language I do not know.How to fix it?Please help...
  6. Family Safety Reports in the wrong language

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  7. My Microsoft Family Safety emails are in the wrong language

My Microsoft Family Safety emails are in the wrong language: Hi, My Microsoft Family Safety emails are in the wrong language Russian, I think rather than English. All my language settings are for English including my PC, Windows account and the individual family account accounts. Microsoft online chat support and telephone support...
  8. Microsoft family language

Microsoft family language: I use Microsoft Family to control my kids access to the PC. I have gone to the website and insured every language setting is English. However, all correspondence with me regarding my family such as sessions to expire and the like are in Korean or Chinese!!! I have had these...
  9. Receiving emails in wrong language Arabic

Receiving emails in wrong language Arabic: I keep getting email notifications in Arabic. My account was initially set up in UAE Dubai and linked to Xbox one. I have since moved to Canada and wish to receive notifications in English I don't know Arabic any way. These notifications are being generated by MS Family. I...
  10. Family Safety Reports in the wrong language

Family Safety Reports in the wrong language: Hi I am getting Family Safety reports in Arabic and I don't have Arabic set as the language in any of my preferences. I have checked for all possible places where a Language option is there and everywhere I only have English. I receive the weekly notifications in Arabic...