Windows 10: microsoft family featuers

Discus and support microsoft family featuers in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am not in a family on my Microsoft account! Yet I still get the family features thing popping up when try to use google chrome! this makes me vary... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by calebw, Dec 10, 2018.

1. calebw Win User

microsoft family featuers

I am not in a family on my Microsoft account! Yet I still get the family features thing popping up when try to use google chrome! this makes me vary angry because I prefer to use google and iv tried to contact Microsoft about it but they blamed it on google when it is a Microsoft issue! is there anyway I could get in to my computer and deactivate it? some one help me pleas help me Microsoft wont help me!

:)

calebw, Dec 10, 2018

2. Microsoft Family

Hi,

It could be because of the settings on the Family and Safety feature or the account you're using is added to a Family. With that being said, we suggest that you check if the account that you are using is a part of the
    Family list. To check on it, go to Cortana
    and search for Family Options.

To remove your account to the Family, you may follow the steps below:

• Use the Adult account to log in using this link.
    • Click on the Family tab.
    • On the account that you want to remove, click More > Remove from family.
    • Then click Remove to confirm.

Let us know how it goes and feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Dec 10, 2018
  3. Please settings->system->apps&featuers

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

You may follow either of the method to uninstall the program, depending up on your choice.

I would suggest you to follow the steps to uninstall a program through control panel.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.

• Click on Control Panel

• Go to Programs and Features

• Right click on the software you want to uninstall from the list and tap or click
        Uninstall.

• Reboot your machine

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to asssit you further.

Abdul_Malik, Dec 10, 2018
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

Microsoft family blocking chrome

Hello
    MayceHoag,

To disable family features and turn off family settings on Windows 10, I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in these support articles:

Make sure you're signed in with your Microsoft account to
    account.microsoft.com/family

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

1. microsoft family featuers - Similar Threads - microsoft family featuers

2. Microsoft Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family: I bought a new, cheap laptop about a week ago which was working fine. This was the first computer I've signed in with my Microsoft account (did it on a phone once or twice). Then I got home to find Chrome not working; it gave me the "you'll need a new app to open this...". So...
  3. Microsoft Family

Microsoft Family: I am using Microsoft Family to control my children's accounts. One one of the children's accounts I am trying to change the default search form Bing to Google. I seem to be able to make the change in Edge and it says Google is the default search. But still when a new Tab is...
  4. Microsoft Family

Microsoft Family: Alguien me puede orientar sobre lo que es la configuracion de Microsoft Familia. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family/c7bb275b-f5e9-4f13-b653-463c62282e8c"
  5. Microsoft Family

Microsoft Family: Every time I try to link my child's account our parent account, I get this message: Sorry, something went wrong. We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little while....
  6. Microsoft Family

Microsoft Family: I removed myself from a family account MONTHS ago yet I my computer still has restricions on it and I cannot use my computer after 9 pm and can only start once again at 7 am. I'm at a point where I'm thinking of just getting a brand new laptop. and yes I have done...
  7. microsoft family

microsoft family: I am trying to open google chrome but get the following message: Ask for permission You’ll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Google Chrome Ask by email Trace ID: ubsAMd+XLkiXp74w.3.0 (Win32:chrome.exe:C=US, S=California, L=Mountain View, O=Google Inc,...
  8. Microsoft Family

Microsoft Family: I am in my Microsoft family as a child, and the Family's parent is my father, who left us (didn't die, just divorce) a while ago, but I am still under his family. I have emailed him asking him to remove me, but the few times he responds, he says he 'doesn't know how to access...
  9. Microsoft Family Features

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Family Features: When I try to open Google Chrome I get the following window. Not sure why I am getting this, I am to my knowledge the only user of the account and I am administrator. When I searched IE for answers I found that if I go to Control Panel, System and Security>Allow an app...
  10. Changes in Microsoft family

in Windows 10 News
    Changes in Microsoft family: Changes in Microsoft family There’s a lot happening over the next few months. We’ll update this page regularly to give you the latest on Microsoft family. Updates Recent activity you can act on On the redesigned recent activity page, you can see how your kids are...