Windows 10: Microsoft Family feature blocking chrome, even when the account is removed from Microsoft...

Discus and support Microsoft Family feature blocking chrome, even when the account is removed from Microsoft... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So I got a Xbox 1S for Christmas. We hooked it up and did all our accounts, then discovered something called Microsoft Family Features. We created a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Kamiizoo, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Kamiizoo Win User

Microsoft Family feature blocking chrome, even when the account is removed from Microsoft...

So I got a Xbox 1S for Christmas. We hooked it up and did all our accounts, then discovered something called Microsoft Family Features. We created a family, and later in the day I went on my pc to watch some YouTube. I have no restrictions on my PC, except a time limit. Then Family came along. as far as I know it has only restricted Google. I was very annoyed by this. I am currently using Microsoft Edge, And I have found Google Chrome is about 10x better. I have removed my account from Family, made my account have adult permissions, Tried Removing my account from my PC. NOTHING MADE GOOGLE COME BACK. I am about ready to smash my pc I am so frustrated. It's a weird thing to be mad about, but I HATE Edge. I really don't want to format my pc, but I might do it. I really need help. And I really hate Microsoft sometimes.

***Title modified from: Family Features***

:)

Kamiizoo, Jan 6, 2019
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Family Features Blocking Chrome on Adult Account

Hello,

Best that we could suggest here as an easy fix is to have the Family feature administrator remove your account from the list. Feel free to check out
    this link from our support website for steps on how to do so.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Isi, Jan 6, 2019
  3. mafyew Win User
    Microsoft family features asks to verify account even though account removed from family

Summary:
    "Windows Family Features" is blocking access to Google Chrome on my child's Windows 10 machine even after removing child's account from Windows Family.

Detail:
    My son is the local administrator on his Windows 10 machine. I moved his account across to a Microsoft Account, then I created a Microsoft Family account and added him to it as a child. A few days later I removed him from the Microsoft Family account. There are now no children in the Microsoft Family account.

Next he downloaded Google Chrome on the machine. When he tries to start it he gets this message:

"Ask for permission
    You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use:
    Google Chrome"

When he clicks "Ask by email", the next dialog is

"Something went wrong
    We're working on it - try again in a little bit.
    Trace ID: od7AXEXv+kicfaH4.9.1"

I switched him back to a Local Account on his machine.

Now when he tries to start Google Chrome, he gets this Microsoft family features dialog:

"Verify your Microsoft Account
    Make sure your Microsoft account is verified before you ask your parent for permission"

When he clicks the "Verify" button he gets this dialog:
    "Did you mean to switch applications?
    Microsoft family features is trying to open Microsoft family features"

When he clicks "yes" he gets this dialog:
    "Verify your account to continue using Microsoft family features"

...with only a Verify button, which does nothing.

I've seen several similar posts in other fora but no answers.

Has anyone encountered this problem before and been able to fix it without wiping the machine clean or creating a new account?

mafyew, Jan 6, 2019
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

Microsoft Family feature blocking chrome, even when the account is removed from Microsoft...

Microsoft family blocking chrome

Hello
    MayceHoag,

To disable family features and turn off family settings on Windows 10, I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in these support articles:

Make sure you're signed in with your Microsoft account to
    account.microsoft.com/family

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft Family feature blocking chrome, even when the account is removed from Microsoft... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family feature

2. Microsoft family not blocking chrome even when chrome is blocked

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft family not blocking chrome even when chrome is blocked: I have tried to lock down my son's windows environment with Microsoft Family. I have blocked Chrome along with almost all the other apps. The only allowed browser is edge with only whitelisted sites allowed. This worked. However, recently I have caught him playing games...
  3. Remove Microsoft family features

Remove Microsoft family features: Hi, For some reason I’ve just recently had an issue that when i try and open Word or Excel, im advised i need to ask an adult in my family if i can use the program. I am the adult and have never had this pop up before. Ive tried removing the children from the family group...
  4. Why is Microsoft family features blocking chrome?

Why is Microsoft family features blocking chrome?: Hello! I'm trying to use google chrome yet for some reason my computer won't let me. Everytime when I try to open up chrome, it keeps popping up "Microsoft Family Features." I don't know why but it keeps blocking both chrome and firefox but not Edge. I tried EVERYTHING to get...
  5. Microsoft Family Features blocking google chrome

Microsoft Family Features blocking google chrome: Here's some background: Years ago my family got an xbox one, my dad made the parent account and me and my brother made our own child accounts to go as a family. A few years later I try to change my Microsoft account email to a new one which just has a few numbers at the...
  6. Microsoft Family is blocking Chrome

Microsoft Family is blocking Chrome: I had originally set the filters to block Chrome. But then I went in and changed it to allow Chrome. But it still will not allow it. Everytime my child tries to open Chrome it prompts her to ask for permission. I grant permission and then we start the whole process all over...
  7. Family features blocking Chrome

Family features blocking Chrome: every time I try to run Chrome, W10 throws an error saying I need permission from a parent. I am not currently part of a family group so this makes no sense. How do I fix this? I have also already setup a separate local account but that is not a valid solution. I need my...
  8. Microsoft family features blocking chrome after i have left the family

Microsoft family features blocking chrome after i have left the family: So I recently installed windows 10 on my home computer and everything seemed to work fine until I opened chrome. Chrome wouldn't open and told me to ask a parents permission. I quickly got to the bottom of that since I had no other accounts connected to mine to my knowledge....
  9. Chrome Blocked by Microsoft Family

Chrome Blocked by Microsoft Family: See image below. My daughter is an adult, but we created her account many years ago. She is no longer part of our "Microsoft Family" but cannot access chrome. We tried adding her back in to the family and granting permission. Nothing works. HELP! [ATTACH]...
  10. Family features blocking chrome

Family features blocking chrome: Before you say anything I've already searched up everything and I'm not in a family but I still cant access chrome and also I'm an administrator for my computer but still cant access chrome even after uninstalling and reinstalling and restarting and joining and leaving a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome blocked by family features

2. microsoft family blocking chrome after allowing

3. family features microsoft blocking chrome

4. family featues blocking chrome,
  5. microsoft family feature always blocking chrome,
  6. microsoft is deliberabtley blocking chrome with fmaily features,
  7. turn off microsoft family features,
  8. microsoft family features blocking chrome after parent allowed