Windows 10: Microsoft Family Features Ask for permission error

Discus and support Microsoft Family Features Ask for permission error in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I just downloaded firefox and I can't open it. Microsoft Family Features says I need to ask an adult if I can use it. I used to part of a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Alex123211, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Microsoft Family Features Ask for permission error

Hello, I just downloaded firefox and I can't open it. Microsoft Family Features says I need to ask an adult if I can use it. I used to part of a Microsoft family. But I removed myself because there was no need to be in one anymore. When I click ask by email this happens: Something went wrong, We’re working on it – try again in a little bit. Is there any way to remove this? Thanks, Alex.

:)

Alex123211, Nov 26, 2019

2. Microsoft family features are asking permission to use Google Chrome

Hi Joshua,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Are you logged in as the administrator of the computer?
    • Is it happening on all the websites that you're trying to access using Google Chrome
    • Have you tried using different browsers? If yes, are you getting the same issue?
    If you are using a child account, then probably the reason why you are having issues browsing the internet is that the parent account has set up restrictions on the websites that you can only visit. Regardless of the browser that you use every time you visit
    a website which is/are restricted, you will be required to ask permission from the parent. Only the parent account can remove the Family safety.

To learn more about Family Safety, kindly refer to this links:

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Nov 26, 2019
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    I get the message: "ask for permission" from Microsoft Family Features.

Hi,

There might be some glitch or misconfigured settings on Microsoft Family. Kindly check your settings regarding app permissions. If you think there are no problems with Microsoft Family settings, kindly turn off Microsoft Family features
    as a workaround. To do so, follow the steps in this
    link
    . After installing the application, kindly turn back Microsoft Family features on.

Let us know how things goes.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Nov 26, 2019
  4. Microsoft Family Features Ask for permission error

Microsoft Family Features "Ask for Permission"

On my Windows 10 PC, whenever I go to use certain Applications (The only ones I know of are any Internet Browser other than Edge (And I hate Edge)), instead of opening, a pop up opens saying

Microsoft Family Features

Ask for Permission

You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use:

Google Chrome

Ask by Email

I've never had this happen before. I recently signed into my MS account on my Xbox One and it told me to sign in as an adult, so I signed into my other account, and then I went back to my computer and this happened. I removed myself from the family, yet
    the pop-ups still keep happening. Any advice to as how to fix this issue?

Chaseskywalker1, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Family Features Ask for permission error

1. Microsoft Family Features Ask for permission error - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Features

2. Microsoft Family Safety Ask for Permission Feature

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Safety Ask for Permission Feature: So, to cut to the chase of my problem, Microsoft Family Safety features are a little wonky right now. I've been trying to open Paint 3D and other apps of the computer I am using. However, instead of displaying the "Ask for Permission" feature, it closes the app before it...
  3. Microsoft Family Safety Ask for Permission Feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety Ask for Permission Feature: So, to cut to the chase of my problem, Microsoft Family Safety features are a little wonky right now. I've been trying to open Paint 3D and other apps of the computer I am using. However, instead of displaying the "Ask for Permission" feature, it closes the app before it...
  4. Microsoft Family Safety Ask for Permission Feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Family Features: asking for permission to use Firefox and Chrome.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Family Features: asking for permission to use Firefox and Chrome.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/drearyplane8 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f4q42i/microsoft_family_features_asking_for_permission/
  6. Microsoft family features are asking permission to use Google Chrome and Windows settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft family features are asking permission to use Google Chrome and Windows settings: I have read all the other forum posts about this error from 1-2 years ago and nothing has assisted me in being able to use my PC. It is now sitting unusable. Has this error been rectified by Microsoft. Or has anyone been able to fix this issue themselves and can share....
  7. Microsoft Family spurious "ask for permission" message

Microsoft Family spurious "ask for permission" message: This very old problem is still there after upgrading to 1903. When I first log on after cold start as my (admin, parent) account (MSA), I get: [ATTACH] This is more annoying than anything else, but how do I fix this?...
  8. Family features Ask for permission

Family features Ask for permission: I recently tried to use some apps (installed from microsoft store) on my windows 10 laptop but i get this annoying error message that says that i need toask permission from an adult to use the apps, even though i am an adultmyself. screenshots of the problem below....
  9. Microsoft Family Features: Ask for permission on an adult account

Microsoft Family Features: Ask for permission on an adult account: I have a computer in my house that recently lost a hard drive. To fix the problem, I ended up installing a new hard drive and doing a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version. It has all the latest patches and updates installed. This clean install is only a few weeks...
  10. family features are asking permission to use Chrome

family features are asking permission to use Chrome: hi I recently bought a surface pro 6 i like it but crome is not working it gives this message that goes like this: You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: (Blank) Ask by Email so I click the ask by email to see what it does and I get Something...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft family features ask parent for more time

2. how to ask for permission from microsoft family features

3. microsoft family ask for permission error