Windows 10: Microsoft Family Features: Ask for permission on an adult account

Discus and support Microsoft Family Features: Ask for permission on an adult account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a computer in my house that recently lost a hard drive. To fix the problem, I ended up installing a new hard drive and doing a clean install of... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Razorlan, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Razorlan Win User

Microsoft Family Features: Ask for permission on an adult account

I have a computer in my house that recently lost a hard drive. To fix the problem, I ended up installing a new hard drive and doing a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version. It has all the latest patches and updates installed. This clean install is only a few weeks old. Several days ago, I ended up with a really annoying bug. Every time I start up the computer and log into Windows, I get the following error message:

Microsoft family features

Ask for permission

You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use:

Cortana

Trace ID: 868Gj4oVN0+Kmu4G.1 (PFN:Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy)

This only happens when I first log in, not at any other time. I am not only an adult, but also the computer owner. I already checked, and my account does have user, administrator, and device owner permissions. The problem should not have anything to do with corrupt files because it is a new drive and a clean install less than a month old. All I can think is that perhaps I did something wrong when I was setting up app permissions during the initial install process since I don't like Cortana and didn't want to give it full access to my system. I am not sure what else to check, and I really do not want to do yet another Windows install since this one is less than a month old already. Does anyone have any suggestions for anything else I can check other than account types that I have not already checked?

:)

Razorlan, Feb 28, 2019
  2. ld_abella Win User

Family Feature requires ask forpermission when using an adult account

Since adding my child´s account with Family Features turned on in my PC, Windows 10 started to ask me for adult permission when trying to install new stuff. Of course, the big problem relies on that I have the adult account and I am not able to install more
    software.

Family Features request to ask an adult for permission by email, and when sending the emails says:

Something went wrong

We’re working on it – try again in a little bit.

Trace ID: oWl6jy5sY0GAQeKc.11.1

Again, I´m using the account adult of the family, and this happened with Windows 1803. I already reinstalled Windows 10 1809 with same results. I need a real solution/fix for this issue, even when a full format and reinstallation does not solve it.

Can you provide steps or fix to solve this issue?

ld_abella, Feb 28, 2019
  3. mafyew Win User
    Microsoft family features asks to verify account even though account removed from family

Summary:
    "Windows Family Features" is blocking access to Google Chrome on my child's Windows 10 machine even after removing child's account from Windows Family.

Detail:
    My son is the local administrator on his Windows 10 machine. I moved his account across to a Microsoft Account, then I created a Microsoft Family account and added him to it as a child. A few days later I removed him from the Microsoft Family account. There are now no children in the Microsoft Family account.

Next he downloaded Google Chrome on the machine. When he tries to start it he gets this message:

"Ask for permission
    You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use:
    Google Chrome"

When he clicks "Ask by email", the next dialog is

"Something went wrong
    We're working on it - try again in a little bit.
    Trace ID: od7AXEXv+kicfaH4.9.1"

I switched him back to a Local Account on his machine.

Now when he tries to start Google Chrome, he gets this Microsoft family features dialog:

"Verify your Microsoft Account
    Make sure your Microsoft account is verified before you ask your parent for permission"

When he clicks the "Verify" button he gets this dialog:
    "Did you mean to switch applications?
    Microsoft family features is trying to open Microsoft family features"

When he clicks "yes" he gets this dialog:
    "Verify your account to continue using Microsoft family features"

...with only a Verify button, which does nothing.

I've seen several similar posts in other fora but no answers.

Has anyone encountered this problem before and been able to fix it without wiping the machine clean or creating a new account?

mafyew, Feb 28, 2019
  4. HannahMs Win User

Microsoft Family Features Adult Account

I had been using Chrome for over a year and suddenly it was telling me I needed permission from the adults in my family for me to keep using. I told it to send an email to my parents and they both said neither of them got an email and neither of them set
    up a Microsoft Family Features account. So I went into the account and it had my main account listed as a Child and a backup account that I haven't used in almost a year as the Adult, and I cannot remember what the password to that account is and Microsoft
    can't/won't recover it for me because it claims I'm not providing it enough information. I need a way for either myself to change this from my "child" account or have Microsoft do something to fix this, as I am stuck using Edge and having many many problems
    with the program.

HannahMs, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft Family Features: Ask for permission on an adult account - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Features

2. Microsoft Family Safety Ask for Permission Feature

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Safety Ask for Permission Feature: So, to cut to the chase of my problem, Microsoft Family Safety features are a little wonky right now. I've been trying to open Paint 3D and other apps of the computer I am using. However, instead of displaying the "Ask for Permission" feature, it closes the app before it...
  3. Microsoft Family Safety Ask for Permission Feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety Ask for Permission Feature: So, to cut to the chase of my problem, Microsoft Family Safety features are a little wonky right now. I've been trying to open Paint 3D and other apps of the computer I am using. However, instead of displaying the "Ask for Permission" feature, it closes the app before it...
  4. Microsoft Family Safety Ask for Permission Feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft asking for permission of an adult while I'm the family administrator

Microsoft asking for permission of an adult while I'm the family administrator: Im the family administrator 1st my son tried to install game through his account but the massage of "request permission appear to him" I got no notification so i tried to install it from my account on the PC with surprise of same massage then i removed all the family...
  6. Asking for an adults permission

Asking for an adults permission: I am the adult in my Family Account why is it asking me to get permission for anything on my laptop? If this keeps up I will never use this again. It has happened a few times and it is for a stupid app. The sticky Notes App. This needs to get handled across the board. I am...
  7. Microsoft Family Features Ask for permission error

Microsoft Family Features Ask for permission error: Hello, I just downloaded firefox and I can't open it. Microsoft Family Features says I need to ask an adult if I can use it. I used to part of a Microsoft family. But I removed myself because there was no need to be in one anymore. When I click ask by email this happens:...
  8. Family features Ask for permission

Family features Ask for permission: I recently tried to use some apps (installed from microsoft store) on my windows 10 laptop but i get this annoying error message that says that i need toask permission from an adult to use the apps, even though i am an adultmyself. screenshots of the problem below....
  9. Family Feature requires ask forpermission when using an adult account

Family Feature requires ask forpermission when using an adult account: Since adding my child´s account with Family Features turned on in my PC, Windows 10 started to ask me for adult permission when trying to install new stuff. Of course, the big problem relies on that I have the adult account and I am not able to install more software. Family...
  10. I'm an Adult (Microsoft family features)

I'm an Adult (Microsoft family features): [img] Ever since update KB4338819 dated 10/07/2018 I have been presented with this appearing on my computer screen after booting up, Windows 10 home Version 1803 build 17134.167,I have searched for remedies on how to correct this to no avail,The only solution that worked was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ask for permission microsoft family

2. microsoft family ask for permission

3. ask for permission microsoft family features

4. microsoft family features ask for permission,
  5. microsoft family features chrome permission,
  6. microsoft ask for permission fix,
  7. microsoft family features permission,
  8. microsoft ask for permission,
  9. you cant use google chrome if you want to use it youll need to ask an adult in your family,
  10. adult permission,
  11. family features ask,
  12. microsoft family features login,
  13. ask for adult permission windows 10,
  14. you cant use google chrome If you want to use it youll need to ask an adult in your family.,
  15. microsoft adult permission but im the adult