Windows 10: Microsoft family features blocking chrome after i have left the family

Discus and support Microsoft family features blocking chrome after i have left the family in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So I recently installed windows 10 on my home computer and everything seemed to work fine until I opened chrome. Chrome wouldn't open and told me to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by infinate0, Aug 5, 2019.

1. infinate0 Win User

Microsoft family features blocking chrome after i have left the family

So I recently installed windows 10 on my home computer and everything seemed to work fine until I opened chrome. Chrome wouldn't open and told me to ask a parents permission. I quickly got to the bottom of that since I had no other accounts connected to mine to my knowledge. so I found the family setting and I was connected as a child to my friends family account. after leaving the family hoping to resolve the chrome issue I opened chrome just for the same pop up to appear. "Ask for permission. You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Google Chrome" then there is a "Ask by email" button. upon pressing the button I get an error screen reading "Something went wrong. We are working on it - try again in a little bit." I've waited two days and I still get the same message. Please help me get chrome back.

:)

infinate0, Aug 5, 2019
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Family Features blocking google chrome

Hi Taylor,

It is possible that there is an issue with the Family settings. This can be the reason why you're unable to use Google Chrome. We recommend that you check you family settings by accessing account.microsoft.com/family
    to see Google Chrome is added to restricted applications.

If you're already an adult in your family settings, we suggest removing your account from your family settings and see if you will be able to access Google Chrome. We also suggest creating a new Microsoft account, and then add that account to your family
    as an adult. These steps will allow us to verify if there is an issue with your family settings or if there is an issue with your original Microsoft account.

We'll be waiting for the outcome.

Argel Obm, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    Microsoft family blocking chrome

Hello
    MayceHoag,

To disable family features and turn off family settings on Windows 10, I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in these support articles:

Make sure you're signed in with your Microsoft account to
    account.microsoft.com/family

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Microsoft family features blocking chrome after i have left the family

Jesrael Bor, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft family features blocking chrome after i have left the family

1. Microsoft family features blocking chrome after i have left the family - Similar Threads - Microsoft family features

2. Microsoft Family Features.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Family Features.: it's simple. all I want to know is how to uninstall Microsoft Family Features because it is blocking me from using Google Chrome. it shouldn't be connected to Google Chrome so I don't know what to do....
  3. Chrome Blocked by Microsoft Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Chrome Blocked by Microsoft Family: See image below. My daughter is an adult, but we created her account many years ago. She is no longer part of our "Microsoft Family" but cannot access chrome. We tried adding her back in to the family and granting permission. Nothing works. HELP! [ATTACH]...
  4. Microsoft Family Blocking Chrome but I have given Permission

Microsoft Family Blocking Chrome but I have given Permission: Both of my young sons have a Window's 10 machine. I have just fixed the MS-WPC error message, however it needed me to give them both permission to use Chrome. For one of their account no problems, they requested through email and I granted permission. The other one did the...
  5. Microsoft family features blocking installation

Microsoft family features blocking installation: I'm attempting to install some old software for which I just have an .bin file. When I click on the setup.exe I get a message Ask for permission You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Setup Launcher I am the administrator, I am the adult in the family...
  6. Microsoft Family Features

Microsoft Family Features: Whenever I try to access anything on my Desktop, it gives me the "ask permission" prompt and I'm no longer in a Microsoft Family, so I would assume it did not do that. I have no idea what to do......
  7. Google Chrome and family features.

Google Chrome and family features.: I just got a PC and I downloaded google chrome and it says to ask for permission but it doesn't send an email. I tried doing it manually but there is no settings for my Microsoft account to allow google chrome. I tried changing my families, I tried viewing my devices...
  8. Microsoft family features blocking firefox!!!!

Microsoft family features blocking firefox!!!!: Whenever I try to open Firefox or Google Chrome it always displays this message: [ATTACH] Then if I click "Ask by email" it shows: [ATTACH] Which I assume is due to my Microsoft account already being an adult. I've spent countless hours googling, researching how other people...
  9. Family features blocking chrome

Family features blocking chrome: Before you say anything I've already searched up everything and I'm not in a family but I still cant access chrome and also I'm an administrator for my computer but still cant access chrome even after uninstalling and reinstalling and restarting and joining and leaving a...
  10. Microsoft Family Features

Microsoft Family Features: When I try to open Google Chrome I get the following window. Not sure why I am getting this, I am to my knowledge the only user of the account and I am administrator. When I searched IE for answers I found that if I go to Control Panel, System and Security>Allow an app...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft family features blocking chrome fix