Windows 10: Microsoft Family Features blocking google chrome

Discus and support Microsoft Family Features blocking google chrome in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Here's some background: Years ago my family got an xbox one, my dad made the parent account and me and my brother made our own child accounts to go... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JoshPalmiero, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Microsoft Family Features blocking google chrome

Here's some background:

Years ago my family got an xbox one, my dad made the parent account and me and my brother made our own child accounts to go as a family.

A few years later I try to change my Microsoft account email to a new one which just has a few numbers at the end of the name but I think it made it the recovery email instead.

Fast forward to now and I built my own PC and installed windows 10, I log into my Microsoft account through the app store while using my updated email for the computer one.

I download chrome and after a little bit a small page comes up called 'Microsoft Family Features' which says I need to ask for permission from a parent to get more time.

So one recommended way to fix this was to leave the family as I'm over 18 now and create my own family.

I sent a offer to join my family to my other email that has the numbers, the request is sent but trying to log in says that it doesn't exist which is true as its the recovery or alt email, I think it just got confused

So it would be me as adult and a request to join sent to my other email, which I cant accept, but the thing is I still couldn't get into google chrome. Instead of asking my dad it would email me. Clicking ok or the three hour option didn't do anything.

Now I'm not even in a family and every time I try google the pop up notification in the bottom right would ask for my account for more time. Clicking on the pop up would send me to the family page on my Microsoft account browser with the create family button.

I'm very reliant on chrome and I cant even allow myself permission when it appears.

:)

JoshPalmiero, Aug 27, 2020
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Family Features blocking google chrome

Hi Taylor,

It is possible that there is an issue with the Family settings. This can be the reason why you're unable to use Google Chrome. We recommend that you check you family settings by accessing account.microsoft.com/family
    to see Google Chrome is added to restricted applications.

If you're already an adult in your family settings, we suggest removing your account from your family settings and see if you will be able to access Google Chrome. We also suggest creating a new Microsoft account, and then add that account to your family
    as an adult. These steps will allow us to verify if there is an issue with your family settings or if there is an issue with your original Microsoft account.

We'll be waiting for the outcome.

Argel Obm, Aug 27, 2020
  3. ernz30 Win User
    Microsoft Family Features is blocking Google Chrome

Microsoft Family Features is all of a sudden blocking Google Chrome (windows 10). It seems to have happened after my son connected a new Xbox One. A pop up box says "Ask for permission. You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use Google
    Chrome". Then there is a box to click to Ask By Email. No email is ever received though. I have made sure my DOB is correct in the MS Account settings. Can someone please tell me what to do? I have already uninstalled and re-installed Google Chrome. Thanks.

ernz30, Aug 27, 2020
  4. SKH123 Win User

Microsoft Family Features blocking google chrome

Family Safety Not Blocking Websites on Google Chrome

Family safety has suddenly stopped blocking any website on the blocked list when using Google Chrome. It still blocks them on Microsoft Edge but Edge additionally blocks Google websites such as Gmail and Google Docs even though they are on the allowed list.

I have tried removing and adding back the account but it did not help. Any advice on fixing this issue will be much appreciated.

SKH123, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Family Features blocking google chrome

1. Microsoft Family Features blocking google chrome - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Features

2. family features blocking google chrome!!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    family features blocking google chrome!!: there already an old thread but it had a non working solution. i am considering formatting the pc and putting Linux on it if this is not something that can be solved by changing Windows settings. thank you....
  3. family features blocking google chrome!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    family features blocking google chrome!!: there already an old thread but it had a non working solution. i am considering formatting the pc and putting Linux on it if this is not something that can be solved by changing Windows settings. thank you....
  4. family features blocking google chrome!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Family Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Google Chrome: I downloaded Google Chrome and then made a new Google account so it is obviously not part of Microsoft Family, but would parents be able to still see the web history?...
  6. My google chrome is blocked by microsoft family.

My google chrome is blocked by microsoft family.: Hello, Microsoft i cant unlock the google chrome family is maded by my phone and in my pc i get locked.Some times it unlocks somehow.Can you help me Microsoft?...
  7. Why is Microsoft family features blocking chrome?

Why is Microsoft family features blocking chrome?: Hello! I'm trying to use google chrome yet for some reason my computer won't let me. Everytime when I try to open up chrome, it keeps popping up "Microsoft Family Features." I don't know why but it keeps blocking both chrome and firefox but not Edge. I tried EVERYTHING to get...
  8. Family features blocking Chrome

Family features blocking Chrome: every time I try to run Chrome, W10 throws an error saying I need permission from a parent. I am not currently part of a family group so this makes no sense. How do I fix this? I have also already setup a separate local account but that is not a valid solution. I need my...
  9. Google Chrome and family features.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google Chrome and family features.: I just got a PC and I downloaded google chrome and it says to ask for permission but it doesn't send an email. I tried doing it manually but there is no settings for my Microsoft account to allow google chrome. I tried changing my families, I tried viewing my devices...
  10. Family features blocking chrome

Family features blocking chrome: Before you say anything I've already searched up everything and I'm not in a family but I still cant access chrome and also I'm an administrator for my computer but still cant access chrome even after uninstalling and reinstalling and restarting and joining and leaving a...