Windows 10: Microsoft Family Features blocking important websites without reason.

Discus and support Microsoft Family Features blocking important websites without reason. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm a student and programmer. My family installed the Microsoft Family Features recently. However, I notice websites randomly being blocked. Sometimes... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by HiHello3, May 19, 2022.

1. HiHello3 Win User

Microsoft Family Features blocking important websites without reason.

I'm a student and programmer. My family installed the Microsoft Family Features recently. However, I notice websites randomly being blocked. Sometimes I can access it once or twice but the next day I find it blocked, or random links/pages on websites that are completely harmless and only that specific page on a site get blocked. It also blocks applications that are very important for no reason. For example, other web browsers. Using them are important as a web developer and it sucks having to just use Edge even though it is a great browser for general use. It just doesn't have the privacy, per

:)

HiHello3, May 19, 2022
  2. SalomehJ Win User

Microsoft Family safety not blocking websites on the block list.

Microsoft Family safety not blocking websites on the block list.

It doesn't seem work at all actually!

I put www.youtube.com on blocking list but still working on Firefox browser!

please help me!

SalomehJ, May 19, 2022
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Family Features Blocking Chrome on Adult Account

Hello,

Best that we could suggest here as an easy fix is to have the Family feature administrator remove your account from the list. Feel free to check out
    this link from our support website for steps on how to do so.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Isi, May 19, 2022
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Microsoft family features icon on taskbar

Hi,

Microsoft Family Safety is a free parental monitoring app to help make it easier to keep your kids safe online. With Family Safety, you can give them some independence but still keep tabs on their computer activities. Family Safety allows you to:

• See which websites your kids have visited, and which apps and games they’ve used
    • Block or allow websites, apps, games, or other content.
    • Limit the amount of time they can spend on the PC

Since you never set up Microsoft family features on your computer, we suggest that you follow the steps on this

link
    to turn off the family settings in Windows 10.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, May 19, 2022
Thema:

1. Microsoft Family Features blocking important websites without reason. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Features

2. Microsoft Family Features blocking important websites without reason.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Features blocking important websites without reason.: I'm a student and programmer. My family installed the Microsoft Family Features recently. However, I notice websites randomly being blocked. Sometimes I can access it once or twice but the next day I find it blocked, or random links/pages on websites that are completely...
  3. Microsoft Family Features blocking important websites without reason.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Features blocking important websites without reason.: I'm a student and programmer. My family installed the Microsoft Family Features recently. However, I notice websites randomly being blocked. Sometimes I can access it once or twice but the next day I find it blocked, or random links/pages on websites that are completely...
  4. Microsoft Family Safety - Blocking Websites

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Family Safety - Blocking Websites: Hi, When I enter in websites to block on my son's profile, these sites are not being blocked, per the browser history. What am I doing wrong? Here is a screenshot of the web browsing portion of the Microsoft Family Safety settings. [ATTACH]...
  5. Microsoft Family Safety not blocking websites properly

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Safety not blocking websites properly: We use Microsoft Family Safety settings for our son. Recently we noticed that some of the websites we thought were blocked are accessible when he is logged in to his account. Previously the block was working. When I go to visit his activity, the most recent date I can see...
  6. Microsoft Family safety not blocking websites on the block list.

Microsoft Family safety not blocking websites on the block list.: Microsoft Family safety not blocking websites on the block list. It doesn't seem work at all actually! I put www.youtube.com on blocking list but still working on Firefox browser! please help me!...
  7. Block family features

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Block family features: I reinstalled Windows with version 2004 and there are family settings which won’t let me launch chrome or Firefox. I left the family online but it still won’t let me. My account is also administrator. Is there any way to force disable this feature? submitted by /u/Esconis...
  8. Microsoft Family Safety Not blocking websites

Microsoft Family Safety Not blocking websites: Windows 10, up to date. Microsoft Edge downloaded. I have an account set up for my 10 year old. Microsoft Family Safety is enabled. I have 8 websites allowed. "Only Allow These Websites" is enabled. "Block Inappropriate Websites" is enabled. When logged in to her account on...
  9. Microsoft family features blocking installation

Microsoft family features blocking installation: I'm attempting to install some old software for which I just have an .bin file. When I click on the setup.exe I get a message Ask for permission You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Setup Launcher I am the administrator, I am the adult in the family...
  10. Microsoft family features blocking firefox!!!!

Microsoft family features blocking firefox!!!!: Whenever I try to open Firefox or Google Chrome it always displays this message: [ATTACH] Then if I click "Ask by email" it shows: [ATTACH] Which I assume is due to my Microsoft account already being an adult. I've spent countless hours googling, researching how other people...