Windows 10: Microsoft family features - child profile not working properly

Discus and support Microsoft family features - child profile not working properly in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I recently determined that my son's Windows 10 account profile (Windows 10 regular user account linked to his Family/Child Microsoft email account) had... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by McHenry, Mar 27, 2019.

1. McHenry Win User

Microsoft family features - child profile not working properly

I recently determined that my son's Windows 10 account profile (Windows 10 regular user account linked to his Family/Child Microsoft email account) had become corrupted, as several things were not working correctly under his Windows 10 login (Edge and IE were limited to 8MB of internet cache)

I removed the profile, and had him login again, and a new profile was created, resolving the Edge issues, however the Family Features are not active or working. His time limits are not enforced, and my Family settings online at https://account.microsoft.com/family/ indicate that there is an issue with his account.

"Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family features to work properly."

The resolution steps indicate that I should do the following:

"To fix this:

1. Have your child sign in with their Microsoft account on their device.
    2. Open Microsoft Edge and go to https://aka.ms/familyverify.
    3. Follow the instructions on screen to verify their account."

When I follow the steps and try to go to the URL, Windows 10 attempts to open the Microsoft Store app to look for an app to open MS_WPC

On the same computer, when I go to the same URL, it asks for my live credentials, then updates the Family Features settings.

It seems like windows is not fully linking to his Windows Live account. For his siblings, their accounts show up as their email address until they login, then it resolves to their full name. For the new profile for him, this does not happen. I have removed the profile a few times and tried starting over again, but it yields the same result. Any ideas or suggestions?

Perhaps has the default profile become corrupted?

:)

McHenry, Mar 27, 2019

2. microsoft family features

Hello,

Once your account is under a Child family member from the
    Microsoft Family feature
    , you’re restricted to view or access a website that is set to your account. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you manage your account by following the steps provided in this article on how to
    remove members from your Microsoft family.
    Once you’re on the page, you may proceed with the steps and complete the process. After completing the given steps, you may check if you’re able to use your account properly.

Note: The account that can remove you from the family member is the account that adds you as a child.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Mar 27, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Family safety - child can disable all feature, why?

Hi,

There may be a sync issue with the restrictions that has been applied to the child account. To isolate your concern regarding Family Safety, we recommend that you follow these steps:

• Remove the Child account on the Family Safety website.
    • Change the passwords of your account.
    • Add the Child account again.
    • Add the restrictions to the Child account again.

Keep us updated with the results if your child will still be able to turn off the Family Safety feature after performing the steps above.

Kristoffer Abs, Mar 27, 2019
  4. Mala_S Win User

Manage my child's profile info does NOT show my kid

Hello Jabka71,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Your child's account could be in a different region than yours. To comply with regional regulations around data protection, the child and the adult providing consent need to be in the same regulatory region. It might also be due
    to the account is not configured in the right way. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below to reconfigure the feature.

Step 1: Update your region.

• Go to Your info on account.microsoft.com and sign in.
    • Select Edit country/region.
    • Update your country or region to match your child's, then make sure the other settings are up to date. Select Save to finish up.

Step 2: Remove a child and add a child to your family.

For additional information, you can go through the article which talks about
    Parental consent and Microsoft child accounts and
    Set up and manage your family.

Hope it helps.

Mala.S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Mala_S, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft family features - child profile not working properly - Similar Threads - Microsoft family features

2. Microsoft Family Safety and Programs on Child Profile requiring Administrative access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety and Programs on Child Profile requiring Administrative access: My child is utilizing their own laptop at school instead of the schools laptop due to me being paranoid that they are not locking down enough and a bit of a control and security freak and has been doing so for the last 3 school years. This has been fine, up until this year...
  3. Microsoft Family Safety and Programs on Child Profile requiring Administrative access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Safety and Programs on Child Profile requiring Administrative access: My child is utilizing their own laptop at school instead of the schools laptop due to me being paranoid that they are not locking down enough and a bit of a control and security freak and has been doing so for the last 3 school years. This has been fine, up until this year...
  4. Microsoft family feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft family feature: I "used" the Microsoft family feature for about 5 years. I saw reports how long my children were on the internet, screen time, open apps, some time statistics, but every time I needed to fix some security issues, log in/log out on a random family member computer, enter a...
  5. Microsoft Family Settings not working properly and blocking my child from using Google...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Settings not working properly and blocking my child from using Google...: My child is using Google Classroom for remote schooling. Naturally, it works better with Google Chrome, which she has been using since school started in September. After one of the latest Microsoft updates, suddenly Chrome is no longer available to her. A Microsoft Family...
  6. Microsoft Family Feature

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Family Feature: Microsoft Family Features is disabled however it is saying that chrome is restricted by Microsoft Family Features. I've turned it on and off but it doesn't work. I can only use chrome if I add 3 hours to my usage time....
  7. Microsoft Family Features

Microsoft Family Features: I’ve has my laptop for a number of years. When I first got it, my father had put it on the family microsoft group, just so that he could see and manage my applications and screen time. Well, fast forward, and my dad has passed away, leading me to live with my mom. Now, my dad...
  8. Microsoft Family Features.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Family Features.: it's simple. all I want to know is how to uninstall Microsoft Family Features because it is blocking me from using Google Chrome. it shouldn't be connected to Google Chrome so I don't know what to do....
  9. Microsoft family child removal not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft family child removal not working: I was recently removed from my Microsoft family account, with help from Microsoft support, the support person told me that if I restarted my computer I would be removed from the family. After restarting the computer I still had to ask to use google, when I clicked the ask by...
  10. Microsoft Family Child Permissions

Microsoft Family Child Permissions: I want to block Google Hangouts which has an address of hangouts.google.com But my child needs access to Google Docs which has an address of google.com/drive My question is can I block certain sites in google.com but allow others? Thanks! Larry...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft family features not working