Windows 10: Microsoft Family Features - Disabling Access to Firefox Despite Being Disabled

Discus and support Microsoft Family Features - Disabling Access to Firefox Despite Being Disabled in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have completely disabled microsoft family features. Despite this, firefox still refuses to launch, with a dialogue box stating "you need to ask an... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JudasM, Oct 19, 2019.

1. JudasM Win User

Microsoft Family Features - Disabling Access to Firefox Despite Being Disabled

I have completely disabled microsoft family features. Despite this, firefox still refuses to launch, with a dialogue box stating "you need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: firefox". The option of ask by email causes a "something went wrong" message, with the Trace ID ITkJ7bkQyE693lvd.4.1

I have reinstalled firefox repeatedly, clearing all it's files and such to no avail. I have disabled family features, I am over 18. Despite this, the issue persists.

Thank you for any assistance you can give. I'm more than happy to give more information if it is required.

:)

JudasM, Oct 19, 2019

2. How do I disable Microsoft Family Safety?

Hi,

There are steps on how you can disable family features and settings on Windows 10. We suggest that you refer to the following articles to see the details and steps:

How do I turn off family features?

Turn off family settings in Windows 10

Let us know how else we may help you.

Lawrence Lib, Oct 19, 2019
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    Microsoft Family Features

Hello Laura,

To disable family features and turn off family settings on Windows 10, I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in these support articles:

Make sure you're signed in with your Microsoft account to
    account.microsoft.com/family
    . For more information about troubleshooting issues with family features, please see this
    forum article
    created by Daniel Strommen [MSFT].

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Oct 19, 2019
  4. JayEgolf Win User

disable family features

How do I disable family features?

JayEgolf, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft Family Features - Disabling Access to Firefox Despite Being Disabled - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Features

2. Game mode activates Despite being disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game mode activates Despite being disabled: I have turned it off but it keeps starting when i start a game it **** up my audio settings may the person who made it burn in hell. i have deleted the registry editor AllowAutoEnableGameMode thing but still activates i have repeatedly restarted my computer but it just...
  3. Game mode activates Despite being disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game mode activates Despite being disabled: I have turned it off but it keeps starting when i start a game it **** up my audio settings may the person who made it burn in hell. i have deleted the registry editor AllowAutoEnableGameMode thing but still activates i have repeatedly restarted my computer but it just...
  4. Firefox blocked with 'Family Features', despite not making any changes

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Firefox blocked with 'Family Features', despite not making any changes: This problem has been bugging me for a few days. I am indeed registered as a member of a family, but the leader of the group hasn't made any changes from her settings. The thing is, chrome works just fine although the search filter is on which is said to block every other...
  5. Family settings despite not being part of a Microsoft family

Family settings despite not being part of a Microsoft family: Recently I have been unable to use any search engines besides Edge. When I try I receive a family features pop up stating "You'll need to ask to use this app" and "You can't use Firefox because of your family safety settings, but it doesn't hurt to ask" I am not a part of any...
  6. PC goes to Hibernate despite it being disabled

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC goes to Hibernate despite it being disabled: IO have set my PC to go to sleep after 1 min which it does. However after almost exactly 3hrs it goes into hibernation. when i checked the advanced power settings, the settings for 'Allow Hybrid sleep' was disabled. The setting for Hibernate was set to 180 mins which...
  7. Unable to disable family features.

Unable to disable family features.: I've been trying to turn my "child-account" on XBOX One, into an adult account. After looking around on my XBOX One and computer for about 4 hours, I finally figured out how to fix this problem. Sadly, the moment after, some family features was enabled on my computer. I...
  8. How to disable microsoft family features?

How to disable microsoft family features?: Whenever i'm doing something important to me, like playing games with my friends or doing important work, Microsoft family features decides it's the perfect time to show up saying that i need to "Sign in so you don't miss out." It's beginning to annoy me and i want to disable...
  9. How to disable microsoft family features?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable microsoft family features?: Whenever i'm doing something important to me, like playing games with my friends or doing important work, Microsoft family features decides it's the perfect time to show up saying that i need to "Sign in so you don't miss out." It's beginning to annoy me and i want to disable...
  10. Microsoft family features blocking firefox!!!!

Microsoft family features blocking firefox!!!!: Whenever I try to open Firefox or Google Chrome it always displays this message: [ATTACH] Then if I click "Ask by email" it shows: [ATTACH] Which I assume is due to my Microsoft account already being an adult. I've spent countless hours googling, researching how other people...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Microsoft Family Features Blocking Firefox

2. how do i turn off microsoft family features

3. how to turn off family features in windows 10

4. microsoft family features disable