Windows 10: Microsoft Family Features screen time activity report not working

Discus and support Microsoft Family Features screen time activity report not working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I have activated Microsoft Family features in order to supervise screen times of my kids. There are three possible devices my kids can use: A... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LarsRuoff1, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Microsoft Family Features screen time activity report not working

Hi,
    I have activated Microsoft Family features in order to supervise screen times of my kids.
    There are three possible devices my kids can use:
    A desktop PC (Win10), a Laptop PC (Win10) and an Android smartphone with MS Launcher.
    Kid got its own Microsoft account and connects with it on all of the devices.

There is a (different) problem for all of the devices:

1)
    Win10 Desktop PC:

On this PC there is the issue that in my weekly report, i always get this:
    Your child's device needs your attention
    Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family features to work properly. Until they do, this weekly report will not reflect their screen time and recent activity for that device.

When i follow the link on how to fix this:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026772/microsoft-account-fix-family-activity-reporting
    and i followed the instructions there (have the child account reconnect) but it made no differences.

However, I DO get accurate screen time information for this devive in the report, so this is NOT a big probelm currently.
    Still the message is annyoing, confusing and does not contribute to feeling safe about the feature.

2)
    Win 10 Laptop PC:

On this PC i got some very short screen times reported (order of some minutes), where in reality i know that the kid has been using the PC for several hours.
    So for this PC the reporting is clearly wrong.
    No errors are reported though. Just the times are completely off. So it is not usefull on this PC.

3)
    Android smartphone with Microsoft Launcher:
    On the smartphone, i have installed Microsoft Launcher as the default launcher.
    But for this device i do NOT get any report at all!
    Again, i have followed the instructions on
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026772/microsoft-account-fix-family-activity-reporting
    Permissions seem to be fine, account is connected.
    It just doesnt work!

I'm sorry to say, but this feature seems just completely not usable in the state it is.
    How about fixing it?

:)

LarsRuoff1, Feb 2, 2019

2. Family activity report

Hi Javier,

There are ways on how to manage activity reporting for your child. To configure your account settings, here are the steps:

• Go to the account.microsoft.com/family site at Microsoft on any PC
    • Then sign-in
    • Open Settings
    • Tap on the Accounts icon
    • Click on Family and other users on the left side
    • Chose Manage family settings online
    • Check recent activity link for the child's account

Turn On and Manage Activity Reporting for Child

• Click on Recent activity on the left side, and turn on Activity reporting.
    • Check or uncheck to Email weekly reports to me for what you want.
    • Under Web browsing, Apps and games etc., you can view your child's recent activity for each one, tap on Change settings
    • Then set allowed times to manage them, and to block any apps and games.

To Turn Off Activity Reporting for your Child, just tap on Recent activity on the left side, and turn off Activity reporting on the right side.

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Feb 2, 2019
  3. SCREEN TIME REPORTING FOR ALL FAMILY MEMBERS

Hello,

Family or Microsoft family feature are designed to help the parents keep tabs on your kid's or child's Windows device and activities. With regard to the screen time reporting, the family only allows the parent's account to monitor the child's usage, activities
    or amount of time they can spend on their devices. For more information about family, you can refer to this
    link.

You can also send a suggestion about your concern using Feedback Hub app. You can visit this
    link if you are using a Windows 10 PC or follow the steps below if you are using a Windows
    10 Mobile:

• Go to All apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    • Open the Menu icon what the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then tap the Add button
      (+) what the top right side.
    • Select Suggestion and provide the details needed in the box.
    • Select the right category and then Submit.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Michael Rey, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Microsoft Family Features screen time activity report not working

Family safety activity reports are wrong

Hi Russ,

Family safety features help parents monitor their child's activities when using the computer. The reporting is sent weekly to the parent's account so the usage update is not sent on a real-time basis. For us to provide a resolution suited to your concern,
    we need some clarifications and information. Can you answer the question below?

• Did you add your child's account to Microsoft family?
    • How did you configure the child's account?
    • Is your child's account a Microsoft account or a local account?
    • What items are included in the report (e.g. web browsing, apps usage, screen time)?

In the meantime, you can check this article to help fix family features issues.

We'll wait for your response.

Anne Ros, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Family Features screen time activity report not working

1. Microsoft Family Features screen time activity report not working - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Features

2. Family Safety Activity Reporting & Screen Time not working on Windows 11 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Activity Reporting & Screen Time not working on Windows 11 PC: Hi Suppport,How are you! Good morning,Family Safety Activity Reporting & Screen Time are not working on all Windows 11 PC and not see window device to monitor. Please fix for me.All 3 devices are in her account but screen time is not updated as before.Thanks...
  3. Family Safety Activity Reporting & Screen Time not working on Windows 11 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety Activity Reporting & Screen Time not working on Windows 11 PC: Hi Suppport,How are you! Good morning,Family Safety Activity Reporting & Screen Time are not working on all Windows 11 PC and not see window device to monitor. Please fix for me.All 3 devices are in her account but screen time is not updated as before.Thanks...
  4. Family Safety Activity Reporting & Screen Time not working on Windows 11 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Activity Reporting & Screen Time not working on Windows 11 PC: Family Group Set up correctly. Child has non-Admin Account and Computer is Linked to her Account.However Screen Time is always 0 even after hours of using Computer. I have tried most of the suggestions in this forum to fix with no success. The latest option I attempted was to...
  5. Family Safety Activity Reporting & Screen Time not working on Windows 11 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety Activity Reporting & Screen Time not working on Windows 11 PC: Family Group Set up correctly. Child has non-Admin Account and Computer is Linked to her Account.However Screen Time is always 0 even after hours of using Computer. I have tried most of the suggestions in this forum to fix with no success. The latest option I attempted was to...
  6. Microsoft Family Safety screen time reporting

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Safety screen time reporting: In Microsoft Family Safety, I can see my child's activity for today, and I can look at their activity over the last 7 days, but I can't see their activity on specific days in the past. Furthermore, even when I look at today's activity, I only see total hours and not details...
  7. Family features activity reporting

Family features activity reporting: Hi! I am not able to get family features to show activity in web dashboard. I have tried everything I could find on the internet. Deleted parental folder contents in programdata, windows is up to date, verified all accounts on the computer, diagnostics data in windows is...
  8. Family Features screen time Activity report is not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Family Features screen time Activity report is not working in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Activity reporting is available if you have a child in your Family group. If you’re experiencing family activity reporting issues in Windows 10, Xbox One […] This article Family Features screen time Activity report is not working in Windows 10 first appeared on...
  9. microsoft family not reporting activity

microsoft family not reporting activity: just recently set up Microsoft family, and it is not reporting activity to the parent's device. I have looked all day at forums and tried everything they suggest, yet there has been none to work. I have done these on both computers in the family. the screen time and app...
  10. no reported activity on Microsoft Family

no reported activity on Microsoft Family: I cannot see any activity reporting when I log in Microsoft Family. I receive a message that ‘some settings on your child's device don't allow activity reporting’. It also ask me to ensure that the level for Diagnostic Data is set to Enhanced or Full. But, as I see, this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft activity reporting not working

2. microsoft activity report not wokring

3. microsoft family screen time sync error

4. microsoft family activity reporting not working