Windows 10: Microsoft family features Suddenly added me to a family group and took away permissions

Discus and support Microsoft family features Suddenly added me to a family group and took away permissions in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When I booted up my windows 10 laptop this morning I got an error ms-wps when I try to open Google chrome. I followed the advice from another thread... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Coin5, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Coin5 Win User

Microsoft family features Suddenly added me to a family group and took away permissions

When I booted up my windows 10 laptop this morning I got an error ms-wps when I try to open Google chrome. I followed the advice from another thread here that told me to run a command in windows powershell. I ran the command and now when I try to open chrome Windows family features has blocked it and requires that I ask permission from my parents. I'm using a local offline account on this laptop and I am over 18. Additionally when I try to view family settings under windows security I'm denied access as well. Have I made a mistake somewhere or have I been tricked by the link? Please help

:)

Coin5, Sep 21, 2019

2. Microsoft Family Features Denying Permissions After Leaving the Family

Hello Kadon,

To address your concern regarding restrictions after being added on a Microsoft Family feature, we suggest checking the answer from
    Daniel Strommen [MSFT] on this thread.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Sep 21, 2019
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    Microsoft Family Features

Hello Laura,

To disable family features and turn off family settings on Windows 10, I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in these support articles:

Make sure you're signed in with your Microsoft account to
    account.microsoft.com/family
    . For more information about troubleshooting issues with family features, please see this
    forum article
    created by Daniel Strommen [MSFT].

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Sep 21, 2019
  4. Microsoft family features Suddenly added me to a family group and took away permissions

Still need permission even though i am not in a family group

• I am not getting any error messages
    • I've just started experiencing these issues, because I haven't log into my Microsoft account since I had my Xbox 360 and made a parental account which I own. Anyways I bought a pc the other day and when I saw that my main account was listed as a child's
      account I exited the family in that account and I yet require permission from an adult account. Besides leaving the family I don't remember making any prior change.
    • Well I joined the family group again and try to give my self permission on the adult account but didn't understand what steps to take so, I left the family group again, but this time I made my account an adult account, but I still required permission.

Infinity_-FightZ, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft family features Suddenly added me to a family group and took away permissions

1. Microsoft family features Suddenly added me to a family group and took away permissions - Similar Threads - Microsoft family features

2. Microsoft Family Group

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Group: I am a fifteen year old boy which has made a family group. I am the owner of the family group, but I want to leave it. This is mainly because there is an issue which prevents me from playing any multiplayer games at all. I would like some assistance or any help possible. I do...
  3. Microsoft Family Group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Group: I am a fifteen year old boy which has made a family group. I am the owner of the family group, but I want to leave it. This is mainly because there is an issue which prevents me from playing any multiplayer games at all. I would like some assistance or any help possible. I do...
  4. Microsoft Family Group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Family Safety Ask for Permission Feature

Microsoft Family Safety Ask for Permission Feature: So, to cut to the chase of my problem, Microsoft Family Safety features are a little wonky right now. I've been trying to open Paint 3D and other apps of the computer I am using. However, instead of displaying the "Ask for Permission" feature, it closes the app before it...
  6. Microsoft Family Safety Ask for Permission Feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety Ask for Permission Feature: So, to cut to the chase of my problem, Microsoft Family Safety features are a little wonky right now. I've been trying to open Paint 3D and other apps of the computer I am using. However, instead of displaying the "Ask for Permission" feature, it closes the app before it...
  7. Microsoft Family Safety Ask for Permission Feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Microsoft Family Group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Group: I’ve just bought ForzaHorizon on my PC for my son who has run out of things to play with! We are both in the Microsoft Family I set up ages ago. If I log on to the pc as me, I can see the game, but if he logs in, we can’t see the game. I don’t want to pay for it twice. How...
  9. Microsoft Family Features Ask for permission error

Microsoft Family Features Ask for permission error: Hello, I just downloaded firefox and I can't open it. Microsoft Family Features says I need to ask an adult if I can use it. I used to part of a Microsoft family. But I removed myself because there was no need to be in one anymore. When I click ask by email this happens:...
  10. Family features Ask for permission

Family features Ask for permission: I recently tried to use some apps (installed from microsoft store) on my windows 10 laptop but i get this annoying error message that says that i need toask permission from an adult to use the apps, even though i am an adultmyself. screenshots of the problem below....