Windows 10: Microsoft Family Features timing out after time limit removed

Discus and support Microsoft Family Features timing out after time limit removed in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; 1. I have updated the computer. 2. I have turned off screen time limits 3. I have turned off App specific restrictions 4. After doing all of the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by meauho, Apr 15, 2020.

1. meauho Win User

Microsoft Family Features timing out after time limit removed

1. I have updated the computer.

2. I have turned off screen time limits

3. I have turned off App specific restrictions

4. After doing all of the above, I restarted the computer

Firefox is STILL restricted forcing my child to ask for permission, which can only be granted on 3 hour blocks which does NOT work for them doing school or me working in a secure facility without internet access, and my 70 year old mother should not be forced to troubleshoot a tech issue that SHOULD be disabled.

How do I permanently disable Firefox from being blocked by Windows.

:)

meauho, Apr 15, 2020

2. time limits in family not working

Hi Barbara,

We would like to know more details about your concern about the Family Safety time limit that is not working so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Does it happen only with particular child account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you refer to this
    support link
    on how to set up screen time limits for your child.

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Time limits in Microsoft Family

Hello HalloSturmhorst,

I recommend that you try the following steps to troubleshoot Family issues:

1. Remove the child account from your Microsoft Family account and add it back.

2. Go to your adult account on the Family page, and toggle off/on time set limits for your son account.

If you need more information about troubleshooting family issues, use this link to read the forum article.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Marcel Kuri, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Microsoft Family Features timing out after time limit removed

Microsoft Family Screen time is BROKEN

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were you able to perform this task previously?

2. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?

As I understand your concern related to Microsoft Family screen time limits, let us try few troubleshooting methods to fix this issue and check if that helps:

Method 1: Fix screen time limits not working. Refer the following article on
    Fix screen time limits not working
    for steps to troubleshoot issue with screen limits.

Method 2: If the issue persists, I suggest you to remove and re-add the child account back to the family account. Refer the article on
    Remove members from your family group
    for steps to remove the child account from the family account. You can refer the following article on

Add members to your family group for steps to add the child account back to your family account.

Hope it helps,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Family Features timing out after time limit removed

1. Microsoft Family Features timing out after time limit removed - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Features

2. Family safety time limit not limiting time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety time limit not limiting time?: I've set a 30min limit on Saturday and Sundays for my son but he is able to carry on for longer without the limit stopping him. How do I make it work?...
  3. Family safety time limit not limiting time?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family safety time limit not limiting time?: I've set a 30min limit on Saturday and Sundays for my son but he is able to carry on for longer without the limit stopping him. How do I make it work?...
  4. Microsoft family app and time-limit features.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft family app and time-limit features.: So let's say I'm a kid. I accidentally disabled the notification that tells you how much game time you have and the reminders of when it is about to end. This includes the option to ask for more game time. How do I get the reminders back?...
  5. Microsoft family app and time-limit features.

Microsoft family app and time-limit features.: So let's say I'm a kid. I accidentally disabled the notification that tells you how much game time you have and the reminders of when it is about to end. This includes the option to ask for more game time. How do I get the reminders back?...
  6. Feature request: Microsoft Family Safety - time limit by website

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Feature request: Microsoft Family Safety - time limit by website: Several users have asked how to set time limits by particular websites. I'd like the same, without having to install...
  7. Feature request: Microsoft Family Safety - time limit by website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Feature request: Microsoft Family Safety - time limit by website: Several users have asked how to set time limits by particular websites. I'd like the same, without having to install...
  8. Feature request: Microsoft Family Safety - time limit by website

9. Time limits, Microsoft family

Time limits, Microsoft family: We have Microsoft family and my dad set screen time limits for my games. I think I sometimes get less time than it is expected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-limits-microsoft-family/39fb731d-7171-4366-8212-ecef5cfef999"
  10. screen time limits in microsoft family

screen time limits in microsoft family: i am having a terrible time trying to set up screen time limits for my child in windows and his xbox one. i've signed in and out of my account and the child's account a dozen times, sending the email invite to join the family and otherwise following the instructions....