Windows 10: Microsoft Family Features

Discus and support Microsoft Family Features in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I’ve has my laptop for a number of years. When I first got it, my father had put it on the family microsoft group, just so that he could see and manage... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by KolbyDUH, Apr 16, 2020.

1. KolbyDUH Win User

Microsoft Family Features

I’ve has my laptop for a number of years. When I first got it, my father had put it on the family microsoft group, just so that he could see and manage my applications and screen time. Well, fast forward, and my dad has passed away, leading me to live with my mom. Now, my dad was the administrator for my computer, and he couldn’t log in because, you know, he’s kind of dead. So, I did the best I could do... and I factory reset my computer. And it worked! For nine months, at least. Today I tried to use Google Chrome, but it immediately closed, and displayed the message: “You can’t use Google Chrome. If you want to use it, you’ll need to ask an adult in your family.” Quite an insult, since I am now an adult. I looked on my computer and I am the only user on this computer, and the only family connection I have is to my father as a child of his account. I can’t exactly change that, since nobody can log into his account. But for some reason it still keeps me from using Chrome, despite me being over 18 years of age, and my computer no longer a child of my father’s user account. I don’t know how to fix this, so I’ve come to ask the professionals that know what they’re doing. Please, help me out. Thank you!

:)

KolbyDUH, Apr 16, 2020
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

Hello Laura,

To disable family features and turn off family settings on Windows 10, I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in these support articles:

Make sure you're signed in with your Microsoft account to
    account.microsoft.com/family
    . For more information about troubleshooting issues with family features, please see this
    forum article
    created by Daniel Strommen [MSFT].

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Apr 16, 2020
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    Microsoft Family Features issues...

Hello
    MaverickRobot4670,

To disable family features and turn off family settings on Windows 10, I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in these support articles:

Make sure you're signed in with your Microsoft account to
    account.microsoft.com/family

For more information about troubleshooting family features, please see this
    forum article

created by Daniel Strommen [MSFT].

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Carlo Fer, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Microsoft Family Features

microsoft family features

Hello,

Once your account is under a Child family member from the
    Microsoft Family feature
    , you’re restricted to view or access a website that is set to your account. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you manage your account by following the steps provided in this article on how to
    remove members from your Microsoft family.
    Once you’re on the page, you may proceed with the steps and complete the process. After completing the given steps, you may check if you’re able to use your account properly.

Note: The account that can remove you from the family member is the account that adds you as a child.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Family Features - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Features

2. Microsoft family feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft family feature: I "used" the Microsoft family feature for about 5 years. I saw reports how long my children were on the internet, screen time, open apps, some time statistics, but every time I needed to fix some security issues, log in/log out on a random family member computer, enter a...
  3. Microsoft family feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft family feature: I "used" the Microsoft family feature for about 5 years. I saw reports how long my children were on the internet, screen time, open apps, some time statistics, but every time I needed to fix some security issues, log in/log out on a random family member computer, enter a...
  4. Microsoft Family Features

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Family Features: I recently got GTA5 for free from epic game launcher and I really want to play it with my friends. The problem is that it is very unlikely for my father to approve of a game with this maturity rating. I realize he can see how much time I spend on certain apps/games everyday...
  5. Microsoft Family Feature

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Family Feature: Microsoft Family Features is disabled however it is saying that chrome is restricted by Microsoft Family Features. I've turned it on and off but it doesn't work. I can only use chrome if I add 3 hours to my usage time....
  6. Microsoft Family Feature

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Family Feature: I am unable to use chrome do to it saying I need permission and when I click on send email it just says something went wrong. What exactly do I do because the Family feature is acting really wack...
  7. Microsoft family features!?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft family features!?: I don’t understand, all I want to do is instal chrome on my pc. And it says i need permission. I clicked it and it said “Request Sent” But then, I checked my Parents email and nothing was there, We dont even have a microsoft app that has to deal with “add a family” I really...
  8. Microsoft Family Features.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Family Features.: it's simple. all I want to know is how to uninstall Microsoft Family Features because it is blocking me from using Google Chrome. it shouldn't be connected to Google Chrome so I don't know what to do....
  9. Microsoft Family Features

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Features: Whenever I try to access anything on my Desktop, it gives me the "ask permission" prompt and I'm no longer in a Microsoft Family, so I would assume it did not do that. I have no idea what to do......
  10. Microsoft Family Features

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Family Features: When I try to open Google Chrome I get the following window. Not sure why I am getting this, I am to my knowledge the only user of the account and I am administrator. When I searched IE for answers I found that if I go to Control Panel, System and Security>Allow an app...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft family features windows 10

2. how to disable microsoft family features pc

3. microsoft you have to ask an adult