Windows 10: Microsoft Family gives "ask for permission" prompt even though I am no longer part of a...

Discus and support Microsoft Family gives "ask for permission" prompt even though I am no longer part of a... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I recently installed a game launcher app, and when I tried to open it, I got the "You'll need permission to use this app" pop up that normally comes up... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by TheCubeHamster, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Microsoft Family gives "ask for permission" prompt even though I am no longer part of a...

I recently installed a game launcher app, and when I tried to open it, I got the "You'll need permission to use this app" pop up that normally comes up when you try to open a restricted app in a MSFT Family. The problem is that I left my Microsoft Family group years ago, and haven't had a pop up ever since. The "ask by email" button just throws a "something went wrong" error, and I cannot bypass this pop up in any other way. What's the problem here?

:)

TheCubeHamster, Jul 19, 2021

2. Microsoft Family spurious "ask for permission" message

Thank you for your reply.

I'm sorry to hear that you are facing the issue again.

Just to narrow down the issue, I suggest you to
    follow the methods mentioned below.

Method 1

1. Login to
      https://account.microsoft.com/family/
      with the Microsoft Account and check if it says Adult/child account.
    2. After checking the credentials, see if it is part of a family then remove it from the family group and check the status of the issue.
    If the issue still persists, refer method 2.

Method 2

I suggest you to create a new user profile in Windows 10 and check the status of the issue.

Refer the article Create a local user or administrator account
    in Windows 10
    for the steps.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jul 19, 2021
  3. Ask for Permission - Google Chrome

I'm having the same problem but when I unadded myself from my "family" nothing happened and it is still prompting me to ask permission to use any third party browser. I followed all the steps Microsoft provides. When I click "ask by email" it tells me there's
    an error. This is probably because I'm not a part of a family. Please help me with this because I'm really starting to become annoyed.

JulianFertitta IV, Jul 19, 2021
  4. Gil deG Win User

Microsoft Family gives "ask for permission" prompt even though I am no longer part of a...

Family Features Ask for permission

We suggest that you check if you are part of a family group or your account was change to a child account.

Kindly follow the steps below on how you can check your account status:

1. Sign in to https://account.live.com.

2. Click the Family button in the blue bar at the upper part of the page.

Provide us the result or send us a screenshot of the page.

Let us know how it goes.

Gil deG, Jul 19, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Family gives "ask for permission" prompt even though I am no longer part of a...

1. Microsoft Family gives "ask for permission" prompt even though I am no longer part of a... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family ask

2. why is microsoft asking for parental consent to open applications even though i am no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is microsoft asking for parental consent to open applications even though i am no...: even though i have been removed and am no longer in a microsoft family i still receive a notification stating that i need permission for access to the applications. p.s im the admin. pls can you help me fix this issue asap....
  3. why is microsoft asking for parental consent to open applications even though i am no...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is microsoft asking for parental consent to open applications even though i am no...: even though i have been removed and am no longer in a microsoft family i still receive a notification stating that i need permission for access to the applications. p.s im the admin. pls can you help me fix this issue asap....
  4. Microsoft Jigsaw is no longer giving me bonus points even though they show on the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Jigsaw is no longer giving me bonus points even though they show on the...: This started showing up when program started showing "manage Storage space. I removed puzzles down to 72 MB used https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-jigsaw-is-no-longer-giving-me-bonus/2d9ce60c-870c-43ee-8b47-eb502f6812eb
  5. Microsoft Jigsaw is no longer giving me bonus points even though they show on the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Jigsaw is no longer giving me bonus points even though they show on the...: This started showing up when program started showing "manage Storage space. I removed puzzles down to 72 MB used https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-jigsaw-is-no-longer-giving-me-bonus/2d9ce60c-870c-43ee-8b47-eb502f6812eb
  6. Cannot give permission for Chrome in Microsoft Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot give permission for Chrome in Microsoft Family: Suddenly my son is unable to use Chrome its been fine for years and he is now prompted to ask for permission from me via email New app request from ***. I grant permission by clicking on the link and it shows briefly in the family screen as given, but it still does not...
  7. Family Safety - I am no longer part of a Microsoft Family yet there are still restrictions...

Family Safety - I am no longer part of a Microsoft Family yet there are still restrictions...: Hi, I was removed from my Microsoft family years ago, however I am still seeing restrictions on the New Microsoft Edge and other services on devices I signed into before this change. Why is this? I tried to find a way to change my account to local and then back to a...
  8. I keep getting prompt to log in into Microsoft family even though I've already logged in

in Windows 10 Customization
    I keep getting prompt to log in into Microsoft family even though I've already logged in: This has been an issue for me recently. I've not taken any recent action that could possibly result in this. I thought I could get rid of this simply by logging in because I always log in into everything for convenience sake, but ehh, it will appear again afterwards....
  9. Microsoft Family Features Ask for permission error

Microsoft Family Features Ask for permission error: Hello, I just downloaded firefox and I can't open it. Microsoft Family Features says I need to ask an adult if I can use it. I used to part of a Microsoft family. But I removed myself because there was no need to be in one anymore. When I click ask by email this happens:...
  10. Microsoft Family keeps locking me out, although I am no longer part of the Microsoft family...

Microsoft Family keeps locking me out, although I am no longer part of the Microsoft family...: On Friday, May 24, I graduated high school and my parents fulfilled their promise of removing the restrictions from my microsoft account and removing the time restrictions they had set. It would lock me out at 11:00 every night. Anyway, they as well got me a laptop which is...