Windows 10: Microsoft Family Group

Discus and support Microsoft Family Group in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am a fifteen year old boy which has made a family group. I am the owner of the family group, but I want to leave it. This is mainly because there is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lilipower1, Mar 30, 2022.

1. Microsoft Family Group

I am a fifteen year old boy which has made a family group. I am the owner of the family group, but I want to leave it. This is mainly because there is an issue which prevents me from playing any multiplayer games at all. I would like some assistance or any help possible. I do not see the option "Leave Family" which to my understanding should be there if my age is over 13 years old. Is this not possible because I am the family group owner?

:)

Lilipower1, Mar 30, 2022
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, Mar 30, 2022
  3. Microsoft family problem

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

• When you say ‘I re-connect the account’, did you re-add the account to the Family group on the website or add the user account on the PC?
    • Did you check the system time to see if it has been set correctly?

This issue can occur if some of the settings are not working as expected.

Let us try these methods to check if that helps.

A: Suggest you to
    remove the child account from the Family group account. To remove a member from your family group, you must have an adult account.

I would also like to inform you that if you have added the account as a child again (if not, add the account as child), try to set up screen time and then turn it off.

B: Once it is done, you can
    add the child account to the Family group. After adding the account, have your child sign in to the PC. Refer to the steps under the section ‘Add
    an existing child account on your PC to your family group’.

Article for Reference.

Setup and manage your Family

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Mar 30, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft Family Group

OneDrive family and group sharing now available

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...e/ba-p/1816818

Brink, Mar 30, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft Family Group

1. Microsoft Family Group - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Group

2. Leaving microsoft family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Leaving microsoft family group: My child wants to play minecraft realms. So i want to go to my family group and I notice her account is not there. So I try to add her account, but when i log in to accept the invitation it tells me she already is in a group. When I log in with my childs account I can see the...
  3. Leaving microsoft family group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Leaving microsoft family group: My child wants to play minecraft realms. So i want to go to my family group and I notice her account is not there. So I try to add her account, but when i log in to accept the invitation it tells me she already is in a group. When I log in with my childs account I can see the...
  4. Leaving microsoft family group

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Microsoft Family Group

Microsoft Family Group: I am a fifteen year old boy which has made a family group. I am the owner of the family group, but I want to leave it. This is mainly because there is an issue which prevents me from playing any multiplayer games at all. I would like some assistance or any help possible. I do...
  6. Microsoft Family Group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Group: I am a fifteen year old boy which has made a family group. I am the owner of the family group, but I want to leave it. This is mainly because there is an issue which prevents me from playing any multiplayer games at all. I would like some assistance or any help possible. I do...
  7. Will leaving a family group in Microsoft Family alert the parents of the group?

Will leaving a family group in Microsoft Family alert the parents of the group?: If a member of the family who is over 13 leaves the group, will the parents be notified? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-leaving-a-family-group-in-microsoft-family/6522fe46-a9a1-4a37-a2ec-072fc96994fc
  8. Microsoft Family no longer displaying a family group at all

Microsoft Family no longer displaying a family group at all: Sometime over the past few weeks apparently Microsoft family stopped working on our childs computers AND they no longer appear as a family group when logged into Microsoft family. NONE of the accounts are displayed at all, no history, nothing. It's like we never set it up....
  9. Family Group

Family Group: I have set up a Family Group. I am granting access to an app, but when my child attempts to access the app. The "Ask permission" window pops up again. We are in a loop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-group/0e02f8a8-3559-4b67-a6d4-64f5e811135e
  10. Microsoft Family Group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Group: I’ve just bought ForzaHorizon on my PC for my son who has run out of things to play with! We are both in the Microsoft Family I set up ages ago. If I log on to the pc as me, I can see the game, but if he logs in, we can’t see the game. I don’t want to pay for it twice. How...