Windows 10: Microsoft Family - how to prevent child from removing

Discus and support Microsoft Family - how to prevent child from removing in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My child is able to remove themselves from our Microsoft Family monitoring making the restrictions we set useless. Is there a way to prevent?... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by scottwright7, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Microsoft Family - how to prevent child from removing

My child is able to remove themselves from our Microsoft Family monitoring making the restrictions we set useless. Is there a way to prevent?

:)

scottwright7, Aug 8, 2020

2. Microsoft Family - Child can remove themselves from the family

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with Microsoft Family group.

Usually, when you add a Child account to Family group, the child account will not be able to remove themselves from the Family. Only the Adult account can remove the Child account from the family.

One of the possibilities that I can think of is that the Child account was added as an Adult account by mistake and that could be the reason your Child was able to remove him/her from the Family.

I would suggest you to try adding the Child account once again to the Family Group and see if the Child has an option to quit the Family group. Refer the article

Add members to your family group

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 8, 2020
  3. How do I remove my son from his friend's Microsoft Family?

Hi Brett,

Follow the steps below on how you can remove the child account from the Family:

• Using the child account, sign in at https://account.microsoft.com/family.
    • Click on Remove yourself under the child account.
    • Click Remove to confirm.
    • You will get an email confirmation that you have been removed from the family.
    Click on this link for steps on how to add the child account to your family.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Aug 8, 2020
  4. Microsoft Family - how to prevent child from removing

Unable to remove child account from Family

I am also having the same issue I am not able to remove the childs account I followed the steps and after doing so I received this message in error (
    Select Manage my child’s profile info, find your child, then select
    Remove consent for this child’s account. Then, try removing this member again).
    I'm completely lost I cant find where im given the option to do so (remove consent)

daddyzgirl, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Family - how to prevent child from removing

1. Microsoft Family - how to prevent child from removing - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family prevent

2. Unable to remove child account from Microsoft Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to remove child account from Microsoft Family: I have a Microsoft Family setup with myself, my wife, and two accounts for our son. When I try to remove the account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** from the family I get an error telling me to try the other parent account to remove the child account. So I signed...
  3. Unable to remove child account from Microsoft Family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove child account from Microsoft Family: I have a Microsoft Family setup with myself, my wife, and two accounts for our son. When I try to remove the account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** from the family I get an error telling me to try the other parent account to remove the child account. So I signed...
  4. How to remove a child from Microsoft family - not my kid!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove a child from Microsoft family - not my kid!: My co-worker couldn't get Windows 11 to set up on a new HP laptop. I'm the IT manager in our factory and even I couldn't get it to work. I decided to reformat and install a fresh copy of Windows 11.The laptop was for his son. I finished the install and everything works...
  5. How to remove a child from Microsoft family - not my kid!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove a child from Microsoft family - not my kid!: My co-worker couldn't get Windows 11 to set up on a new HP laptop. I'm the IT manager in our factory and even I couldn't get it to work. I decided to reformat and install a fresh copy of Windows 11.The laptop was for his son. I finished the install and everything works...
  6. how to remove a child from a family!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to remove a child from a family!: Hello, I have A problem with Family safety.I want to remove a child from the family to reorganise it the objective, is to have both children in the same family and I manage two with different accounts.Thus, I tried everything but don't find the remove as for adult, nor in my...
  7. how to remove a child from a family!

how to remove a child from a family!: Hello, I have A problem with Family safety.I want to remove a child from the family to reorganise it the objective, is to have both children in the same family and I manage two with different accounts.Thus, I tried everything but don't find the remove as for adult, nor in my...
  8. how to remove a child from a family!

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Microsoft Family - Child can remove themselves from the family

Microsoft Family - Child can remove themselves from the family: I have setup Microsoft Family with my children added as child accounts. My children can login to their accounts at family.microsoft.com and simply click the link "Leave family group" and they are removed from the group and from any screen time limits etc. This seems like a...
  10. Removing a Child from Microsoft Family

Removing a Child from Microsoft Family: Hello Microsoft Community, My parents wanted to change my account from child to adult status and it seems that there is no way to do this without removing the child from the family and re-adding them as an adult. My account, the one that they are trying to change, is used...