Windows 10: Microsoft Family Invitation is not working - Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft Family Invitation is not working - Windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am trying to invite a person into a newly created Microsoft family, but when I try to send an invitation, it does not work and gives me an error... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by BingRewards1, May 17, 2021.

1. Microsoft Family Invitation is not working - Windows 10

I am trying to invite a person into a newly created Microsoft family, but when I try to send an invitation, it does not work and gives me an error message. The same thing happens when I try to accept an invitation coming from their end. This has been happening for a couple of weeks now and refreshing does not help. Please help.

:)

BingRewards1, May 17, 2021

2. Microsoft Account Invitation Email Not Received so Account Still Pending.

Hi Aldo,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Can you share few information regarding the issue?

Does both the members log in using their emails?

Are you referring to the invitation to join in Family Safety?

Are you trying to invite the users in family safety, if yes then you need to remove the users who are not receiving the invitation and then re-create the users in the family safety online page.

Go to https://account.microsoft.com/family#/

• Check the user which says invitation has been sent.

• Click on remove link.

• Select the user with the invitation has been sent message.

• Click the add link where you enter the users email address.

I suggest you to follow this steps if you are talking about email invitation about family safety.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, May 17, 2021
  3. Quarky Win User
    Invitation to join family not received

I am not sure why your steps worked for you, but glad they did. Gmail is completely different from any Microsoft logon so whether and when you logged onto gmail ((step 3) you said don't logon until you logon to the PC) is irrelevant. Glad it worked though!

Mine was still not working. I used a live.co.uk account for them and they can logon to my Windows 10 PC fine, but they never received an email. So I :

* switched back to my account

* went to Account Settings

* chose "Family & other users"

* chose "manage family settings online"

* clicked "remove"

* removed the kids (they were both listed)

Then:

* went back to "Account settings"

* clicked on "work access" and then "account settings again" (just to update it basically)

* added the users AGAIN from there.

When I logged on as each user, they then received their email and I could accept the invite, and they are no longer "pending" in Account settings.

Quarky, May 17, 2021
  4. Microsoft Family Invitation is not working - Windows 10

child in ms family - resend the invitation

Hi Sudibar,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if there is issue while resending the child invitation.

In order to help you better, please provide the information:

1. Are you able to see the child account on family list in the family safety website?

2. Are you getting any error message when you try to resend the invitation to child's email address?

Refer to the below methods and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the family safety troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9836307

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, May 17, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Family Invitation is not working - Windows 10

1. Microsoft Family Invitation is not working - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Invitation

2. Not allowed to accept Family invitation

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Not allowed to accept Family invitation: I have shared my family subscription with my wife but she is unable to accept the invitation due to the fact that she cancelled hers to accept mine and is now over the allowed storage limit. Because of this, Microsoft won't allow here to receive the email she needs to accept...
  3. Not allowed to accept Family invitation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not allowed to accept Family invitation: I have shared my family subscription with my wife but she is unable to accept the invitation due to the fact that she cancelled hers to accept mine and is now over the allowed storage limit. Because of this, Microsoft won't allow here to receive the email she needs to accept...
  4. Not allowed to accept Family invitation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. microsoft family invite

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft family invite: I keep trying to invite my daughter to join the family. After entering her email I keep getting the following message:Something went wrong on our end. Give it a few minutes, then try again.TraceID: vbGCCR14lk2WO9Lh.22.115I received this message last night, so I waited til the...
  6. microsoft family invite

microsoft family invite: I keep trying to invite my daughter to join the family. After entering her email I keep getting the following message:Something went wrong on our end. Give it a few minutes, then try again.TraceID: vbGCCR14lk2WO9Lh.22.115I received this message last night, so I waited til the...
  7. Microsoft Family Invite

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Invite: I received an invite for Microsoft Family Safety and it says it came from someone that has been stalking me. Is there a way to find the IP address of the person that sent the invite?...
  8. Microsoft Family Invite

Microsoft Family Invite: I received an invite for Microsoft Family Safety and it says it came from someone that has been stalking me. Is there a way to find the IP address of the person that sent the invite?...
  9. Microsoft Family invitation has expired

Microsoft Family invitation has expired: I have set up a microsoft family account but whenever i try and get my son to accept the invitation he gets a message saying your invitation has expired...
  10. Microsoft Family - Invite Member Issue

Microsoft Family - Invite Member Issue: Member invited but when member tries to accept an error message states 'Something went wrong, try refresh or come back in a while' I've completed this for other members with no issue but one invited member cannot access due to the above error message. I've tried the link...