Windows 10: Microsoft Family is blocking Chrome

Discus and support Microsoft Family is blocking Chrome in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I had originally set the filters to block Chrome. But then I went in and changed it to allow Chrome. But it still will not allow it. Everytime my child... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by PkFrancis, Aug 23, 2020.

1. PkFrancis Win User

Microsoft Family is blocking Chrome

I had originally set the filters to block Chrome. But then I went in and changed it to allow Chrome. But it still will not allow it. Everytime my child tries to open Chrome it prompts her to ask for permission. I grant permission and then we start the whole process all over again. It never does actually allow her to access Chrome. I have removed her from the family list and added her bk in. I have checked the Chrome permissions and I just CANT seem to figure out why it will not allow Chrome?

Pls help

My daughter needs to do online school and needs Chrome to access the program.

Can you please help with this issue.

:)

PkFrancis, Aug 23, 2020
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

Microsoft family blocking chrome

Hello
    MayceHoag,

To disable family features and turn off family settings on Windows 10, I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in these support articles:

Make sure you're signed in with your Microsoft account to
    account.microsoft.com/family

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Aug 23, 2020
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Family Features blocking google chrome

Hi Taylor,

It is possible that there is an issue with the Family settings. This can be the reason why you're unable to use Google Chrome. We recommend that you check you family settings by accessing account.microsoft.com/family
    to see Google Chrome is added to restricted applications.

If you're already an adult in your family settings, we suggest removing your account from your family settings and see if you will be able to access Google Chrome. We also suggest creating a new Microsoft account, and then add that account to your family
    as an adult. These steps will allow us to verify if there is an issue with your family settings or if there is an issue with your original Microsoft account.

We'll be waiting for the outcome.

Argel Obm, Aug 23, 2020
  4. Microsoft Family is blocking Chrome

Microsoft Family Blocking Chrome but I have given Permission

Hi Willsyjp,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the complete message that you are getting for the permission?
    2. Are you able to successfully remove Content Restriction from the blocked list?
    3. What is the message that your son is getting when trying to access Google Chrome?

Meanwhile, try the below troubleshooting methods and check if this helps.

Before trying the below methods, try allowing Google App by logging into your
    Microsoft Account > Under your child's account > Allow Google App and check if your child is able to access Google Chrome.

Method 1:
    Family Safety Troubleshooter.

Download and run the Family
    Safety Troubleshooter
    and check if this troubleshooter finds any error.

Method 2:
    Turning Off Block Inappropriate Apps, Games & Media Option.

Follow the section Online from
    Block inappropriate apps, games, and media on Windows 10 and Xbox One
    and turn Off the option Block inappropriate apps, games & media.

Once you turn off this option, ask your child to access Google Chrome. If he is able to access Google Chrome, turn On the above option and tell him to access Google Chrome, then you can approve his request and check if he is
    able to access Google Chrome after the approval.

Method 3:
    Removing And Adding Your Child.

If the above methods didn't work, then I suggest you to
    Remove Your Child From The Family Group and then
    Add Your Child To The Family Group again and this will refresh
    the permissions for your child.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Shafeeq_Khan, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Family is blocking Chrome

1. Microsoft Family is blocking Chrome - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family blocking

2. family features blocking google chrome!!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    family features blocking google chrome!!: there already an old thread but it had a non working solution. i am considering formatting the pc and putting Linux on it if this is not something that can be solved by changing Windows settings. thank you....
  3. family features blocking google chrome!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    family features blocking google chrome!!: there already an old thread but it had a non working solution. i am considering formatting the pc and putting Linux on it if this is not something that can be solved by changing Windows settings. thank you....
  4. My google chrome is blocked by microsoft family.

My google chrome is blocked by microsoft family.: Hello, Microsoft i cant unlock the google chrome family is maded by my phone and in my pc i get locked.Some times it unlocks somehow.Can you help me Microsoft?...
  5. Microsoft family not blocking chrome even when chrome is blocked

Microsoft family not blocking chrome even when chrome is blocked: I have tried to lock down my son's windows environment with Microsoft Family. I have blocked Chrome along with almost all the other apps. The only allowed browser is edge with only whitelisted sites allowed. This worked. However, recently I have caught him playing games...
  6. Why is Microsoft family features blocking chrome?

Why is Microsoft family features blocking chrome?: Hello! I'm trying to use google chrome yet for some reason my computer won't let me. Everytime when I try to open up chrome, it keeps popping up "Microsoft Family Features." I don't know why but it keeps blocking both chrome and firefox but not Edge. I tried EVERYTHING to get...
  7. Microsoft Family Features blocking google chrome

Microsoft Family Features blocking google chrome: Here's some background: Years ago my family got an xbox one, my dad made the parent account and me and my brother made our own child accounts to go as a family. A few years later I try to change my Microsoft account email to a new one which just has a few numbers at the...
  8. Family features blocking Chrome

Family features blocking Chrome: every time I try to run Chrome, W10 throws an error saying I need permission from a parent. I am not currently part of a family group so this makes no sense. How do I fix this? I have also already setup a separate local account but that is not a valid solution. I need my...
  9. Chrome Blocked by Microsoft Family

Chrome Blocked by Microsoft Family: See image below. My daughter is an adult, but we created her account many years ago. She is no longer part of our "Microsoft Family" but cannot access chrome. We tried adding her back in to the family and granting permission. Nothing works. HELP! [ATTACH]...
  10. Family features blocking chrome

Family features blocking chrome: Before you say anything I've already searched up everything and I'm not in a family but I still cant access chrome and also I'm an administrator for my computer but still cant access chrome even after uninstalling and reinstalling and restarting and joining and leaving a...