Windows 10: Microsoft family is blocking Firefox even though user has been removed from Family group

Discus and support Microsoft family is blocking Firefox even though user has been removed from Family group in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Got a really frustrating problem.One of my Microsoft Family members recently started to get an 'Ask for Permission' pop-up when trying to open Firefox.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Jim_needs_help, Apr 11, 2022.

1. Microsoft family is blocking Firefox even though user has been removed from Family group

Got a really frustrating problem.One of my Microsoft Family members recently started to get an 'Ask for Permission' pop-up when trying to open Firefox. After clicking 'Ask by email' it sends an email to me with a link to my Microsoft Family dashboard. But no restrictions at all are set, everything is allowed.This was despite the fact that there were no restrictions set in Microsoft Family for this person.I have now removed them from the Microsoft Family and they still have the same problem, even though they are not a family member any longer.The family member is already an Administrator on the

:)

Jim_needs_help, Apr 11, 2022

2. Family safety blocking firefox though not a part of a family group and family safety is disabled

I tried installing Firefox today, but I can't open it without family safety blocking it. I have never had issues with anything being blocked by family safety, because my account is not part of a family safety group, and the wpcmon.exe family safety task
    is disabled. I verified this several times. In fact, when I go to my Microsoft account and click family, it asks if I want to set up a family, because I am not a part of a family safety group. I then disabled inheritance on wpcmon.exe, gave myself full control
    as the owner, and verified that all family safety services were disabled, but it still didn't work. I am also 20 years old. So how is Firefox being blocked?

LiamPhillips3, Apr 11, 2022
  3. ms family is blocking firefox

Despite trying to remove all restrictions on my child's account, MS family protection continues to block Firefox.

When the child opens firefox, it says 'ask your parent for permission'.

I get the permission request on my end in MS Family, I approve it and grant the permission, yet it still blocks firefox.

I've deleted his account and re-created it. Firefox opens on his laptop if i log in under my credentials.

bobbylendi, Apr 11, 2022
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Microsoft family is blocking Firefox even though user has been removed from Family group

Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 11, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft family is blocking Firefox even though user has been removed from Family group

1. Microsoft family is blocking Firefox even though user has been removed from Family group - Similar Threads - Microsoft family blocking

2. Can't remove family members from family group

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't remove family members from family group: Hey all,I'm the organizer for my family group. I'm trying to remove one of the members of the family group, and it tells me "Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent for [Member] can remove this...
  3. Can't remove family members from family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove family members from family group: Hey all,I'm the organizer for my family group. I'm trying to remove one of the members of the family group, and it tells me "Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent for [Member] can remove this...
  4. Can't remove family members from family group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't remove family members from family group

6. Microsoft family is blocking Firefox even though user has been removed from Family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft family is blocking Firefox even though user has been removed from Family group: Got a really frustrating problem.One of my Microsoft Family members recently started to get an 'Ask for Permission' pop-up when trying to open Firefox. After clicking 'Ask by email' it sends an email to me with a link to my Microsoft Family dashboard. But no restrictions at...
  7. Microsoft family is blocking Firefox even though user has been removed from Family group

Microsoft family is blocking Firefox even though user has been removed from Family group: Got a really frustrating problem.One of my Microsoft Family members recently started to get an 'Ask for Permission' pop-up when trying to open Firefox. After clicking 'Ask by email' it sends an email to me with a link to my Microsoft Family dashboard. But no restrictions at...
  8. Family safety blocking firefox though not a part of a family group and family safety is...

Family safety blocking firefox though not a part of a family group and family safety is...: I tried installing Firefox today, but I can't open it without family safety blocking it. I have never had issues with anything being blocked by family safety, because my account is not part of a family safety group, and the wpcmon.exe family safety task is disabled. I...
  9. ms family is blocking firefox

ms family is blocking firefox: Despite trying to remove all restrictions on my child's account, MS family protection continues to block Firefox. When the child opens firefox, it says 'ask your parent for permission'. I get the permission request on my end in MS Family, I approve it and grant the...
  10. Microsoft family features blocking firefox!!!!

Microsoft family features blocking firefox!!!!: Whenever I try to open Firefox or Google Chrome it always displays this message: [ATTACH] Then if I click "Ask by email" it shows: [ATTACH] Which I assume is due to my Microsoft account already being an adult. I've spent countless hours googling, researching how other people...