Windows 10: Microsoft Family is restricting me even though I'm literally the only person who uses my...

Discus and support Microsoft Family is restricting me even though I'm literally the only person who uses my... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; It's exactly what it says. Every time I try to use Google Chrome or FireFox, it says that I need to ask parent's permissions... even though I AM the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by BrandonWS, Jan 19, 2021.

1. BrandonWS Win User

Microsoft Family is restricting me even though I'm literally the only person who uses my...

It's exactly what it says. Every time I try to use Google Chrome or FireFox, it says that I need to ask parent's permissions... even though I AM the parent and I'm the only person in the family group.I've looked all over and nothing, and I mean NOTHING has worked whatsoever. This has been going on for severalYEARS at this point and I'm so sick and tired of it. I'm 18+, I'm again the only person in the family group, and the email the parent thing? Yeah, it comes up as an error and it says "oh we're trying to fix it"WELL FIX IT ALREADY. I've tried removing myself. I've tried managing permissions spoilers, can't do any of that. I've tried everything I can think of and I'm at my wit's end. Either give us an option that works, or fix it. It's that simple, and this shouldn't even be an issue. But it is because SOMEONE thought it'd be a swell idea to have Microsoft Family affect ONE PERSON AND NOT HAVE ANY SOLUTIONS FOR IT THAT WORK. I know I sound extremely aggravated but it's genuine, and I'm just so sick and tired of not being able to do anything because of this STUPID Microsoft Family stuff that shouldn't even be a thing for people who are the sole users of their respective computer and their respective OS.

:)

BrandonWS, Jan 19, 2021
  2. Sten2.0 Win User

Microsoft family restrictions

Hi,

You actually need your parent to turn off any restrictions on your account. I'm afraid you need to get yourself back to your family temporarily. These are the instructions for an adult account.

• Go to account.microsoft.com/family and sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • To remove a child, find their name, then select Content restrictions. Turn off any settings you may have enabled. Then go back to your family’s page, find the child’s name again, and select More options > Remove
      from family.
    • If you want to remove a child because they’re now an adult, or if an adult account has been misclassified as a child account, they’ll need to verify
      their account

I personally think you should be good without doing the third step, but I can't give you a guarantee.

Hope it does the trick. In case of any issues, I'm happy to help you more when needed. If it worked, please mark the answer as helpful.

Sten2.0, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Microsoft Family is restricting me even though I'm literally the only person who uses my...

Windows 10 Family screentime still restricting people no longer in the family

Hi Darrell,

With regard to your query, we suggest that you follow the steps below to completely remove the Microsoft account family safety feature for your son's account.

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.
    • To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family.
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.
    You may also check this
    link
    to turn off family features.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Family is restricting me even though I'm literally the only person who uses my...

1. Microsoft Family is restricting me even though I'm literally the only person who uses my... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family restricting

2. Still have Microsoft Family Safety restrictions even though I am the only person in the group.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Still have Microsoft Family Safety restrictions even though I am the only person in the group.: There aren't any buttons that let me leave the group. It also isn't possible for me to access any xbox settings on my account due to the restrictions making multiplayer on games impossible. Most guides say to have an administrator take you out of the group, yet with me being...
  3. Still have Microsoft Family Safety restrictions even though I am the only person in the group.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Still have Microsoft Family Safety restrictions even though I am the only person in the group.: There aren't any buttons that let me leave the group. It also isn't possible for me to access any xbox settings on my account due to the restrictions making multiplayer on games impossible. Most guides say to have an administrator take you out of the group, yet with me being...
  4. Still have Microsoft Family Safety restrictions even though I am the only person in the group.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Family restrictions on my computer. I'm moving away from the person who set the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family restrictions on my computer. I'm moving away from the person who set the...: I have restrictions on my computer from Microsoft Family, but I am now moving away from the person who set the restrictions and I can't figure out how to turn them off. I've looked it up, but nothing seems to work. * Moved from Virus & Malware* Original title: Restrictions...
  6. Microsoft Family restrictions on my computer. I'm moving away from the person who set the...

Microsoft Family restrictions on my computer. I'm moving away from the person who set the...: I have restrictions on my computer from Microsoft Family, but I am now moving away from the person who set the restrictions and I can't figure out how to turn them off. I've looked it up, but nothing seems to work. * Moved from Virus & Malware* Original title: Restrictions...
  7. I can't leave / remove family safety, even though im the only person in it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't leave / remove family safety, even though im the only person in it.: So, I am the only person in my Microsoft family, and I am the head of it. I still don't have any options though. I try to buy a game and it says I have spending restrictions. This is my personal account and do not even have the option to leave the family or change the...
  8. I am restricted to using an app with Microsoft Family, when I'm not even in a family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am restricted to using an app with Microsoft Family, when I'm not even in a family: So i turned on my pc today and wanted to open brave. browsing software. It didn't work and it said that I cant open brave because of the setting, Safer for family. I am not even inside a family...
  9. I am restricted to using an app with Microsoft Family, when I'm not even in a family

I am restricted to using an app with Microsoft Family, when I'm not even in a family: So i turned on my pc today and wanted to open brave. browsing software. It didn't work and it said that I cant open brave because of the setting, Safer for family. I am not even inside a family...
  10. I am restricted to using an app with Microsoft Family, when I'm not even in a family

in User Accounts and Family Safety