Windows 10: Microsoft Family Keeps Blocking App

Discus and support Microsoft Family Keeps Blocking App in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My Microsoft family keeps blocking apps and installation that is done on my child’s account even when I have not set any restrictions on apps.How can I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by GFM060, Feb 3, 2023.

1. GFM060 Win User

Microsoft Family Keeps Blocking App

My Microsoft family keeps blocking apps and installation that is done on my child’s account even when I have not set any restrictions on apps.How can I prevent parent permission to be constantly sought whenever my child launches certain downloaded files?

:)

GFM060, Feb 3, 2023

2. Microsoft Family not blocking Apps

Hi,

Microsoft family features are designed to help you keep tabs on your kids' computer and online activities. If your child uses a PC or Xbox, you may already have set up a family in order to use parental controls. To isolate the issue, please answer the following
    questions:

• Is the app blocked under the child account when you set up My Family?
    • Can you send us a screenshot showing your Family settings?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Dennis Zac, Feb 3, 2023
  3. How to block a specific app using family settings

Hi,

Blocking specific apps is possible with the Microsoft Account's Family Safety Feature. To block a specific application on your child's account, it is a requirement that the app must be used by your child, so that it will appear in under the Recent Activity
    list. For your child's security, you can log in as the child and launch the app to satisfy this requirement.

Follow these steps to successfully block specific applications:

• Visit the Microsoft Family website and then sign in your Microsoft Account.
    • Click the account of the child that you want to block from using an app.
    • Select Recent Activity.
    • Click to ensure that Activity Reporting is turned on.
    • Scroll down and look for Apps & Games.
    • Choose the apps that you want to block on your child's account.
    • Click Block to block usage of the app.

If further assistance is needed, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Darleen Pen, Feb 3, 2023
  4. Gino Des Win User

Microsoft Family blocking youtube and google

To help us pinpoint the root cause of the issue, we would like to know if you also experience the issue with other Google websites? (Gmail, Google Maps, etc.)

Kindly also try to use a new InPrivate window and try to visit YouTube and Google again. Follow the steps below:

• Open Edge.
    • Click on the three dots icon on the upper-right part of the screen.
    • Click New InPrivate window.

We also suggest that you use the Feedback Hub to help us make Windows and Microsoft Family better. You can provide feedback about Microsoft Family by sharing your suggestions or problems.

You can access the Feedback Hub by clicking on Windows Feedback on the app list. You can also type
    Windows Feedback on Cortana.

Keep us posted on the status of the issue.

Gino Des, Feb 3, 2023
Thema:

1. Microsoft Family Keeps Blocking App - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Keeps

2. Microsoft Family Keeps Blocking App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Keeps Blocking App: My Microsoft family keeps blocking apps and installation that is done on my child’s account even when I have not set any restrictions on apps.How can I prevent parent permission to be constantly sought whenever my child launches certain downloaded files?...
  3. Microsoft Family Keeps Blocking App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Keeps Blocking App: My Microsoft family keeps blocking apps and installation that is done on my child’s account even when I have not set any restrictions on apps.How can I prevent parent permission to be constantly sought whenever my child launches certain downloaded files?...
  4. HOW TO BYPASS MICROSOFT FAMILY FEATURES BLOCKED APP???

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    HOW TO BYPASS MICROSOFT FAMILY FEATURES BLOCKED APP???: My salty parents blocked me from apps like chrome, etc. How to bypass it pls tell me?Are they any glitches or something that can help me?PLS HELP ME...
  5. Microsoft Family Browsers Blocked

Microsoft Family Browsers Blocked: Microsoft Family, by default, includes a large number of browsers that are deactivated. This is helpful in that it allows for easy monitoring of traffic on the approved browser Edge that I can monitor on my children's accounts. This is to report a package--AMD Radeon...
  6. Microsoft Family App Blocking is On but App Still Launches and is Usable

Microsoft Family App Blocking is On but App Still Launches and is Usable: Hi, We are using Microsoft Family on our son's computer running Windows 10 to block access to the Chrome browser. In the "App and game limits" section, we blocked Google Chrome app: [ATTACH] On my son's computer, when he launches Chrome, a dialog box pops up indicating...
  7. Microsoft family blocks roblox

Microsoft family blocks roblox: Hello, I am trying to allow roblox on my child's account. My child is in my Microsoft family. I allowed her to access a short list of websites and I set app limits. Then I want to allow her to use roblox for an hour. I allowed all the websites roblox uses, and removed the...
  8. Microsoft Family is blocking Chrome

Microsoft Family is blocking Chrome: I had originally set the filters to block Chrome. But then I went in and changed it to allow Chrome. But it still will not allow it. Everytime my child tries to open Chrome it prompts her to ask for permission. I grant permission and then we start the whole process all over...
  9. Microsoft Family - Site blocking

Microsoft Family - Site blocking: Hi Everyone, I am helping my friend manage a Microsoft family account for her daughter and we hope to block the following site from access by the child account. https://account.microsoft.com/family/ Even when this is added to the blocked sites in Microsoft Family it...
  10. Microsoft Family Blocking Apps

Microsoft Family Blocking Apps: I am no longer able to block an app on my childs account. I keep getting the error "Something went wrong - try again in a little while". How can I get around this and block the app?...