Windows 10: Microsoft Family keeps locking me out, although I am no longer part of the Microsoft family...

Discus and support Microsoft Family keeps locking me out, although I am no longer part of the Microsoft family... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; On Friday, May 24, I graduated high school and my parents fulfilled their promise of removing the restrictions from my microsoft account and removing... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SilentStick, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Microsoft Family keeps locking me out, although I am no longer part of the Microsoft family...

On Friday, May 24, I graduated high school and my parents fulfilled their promise of removing the restrictions from my microsoft account and removing the time restrictions they had set. It would lock me out at 11:00 every night. Anyway, they as well got me a laptop which is linked to my acct.

Well, two times, I have now experienced it locking me out at the strangest times of the day. Such as Friday, it locked me out at 2:45 P.M. And today, June 3, it locked me out at 2:59 P.M. I would call my parents to inquire about it yet they had done nothing to lock me out. What is happening? How do I get it to stop? I had to use a parents' laptop to send in this question. It's honestly quite frustrating. The restrictions are gone. Why is it still locking me out?

:)

SilentStick, Jun 3, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Changes in Microsoft family

Source: Microsoft account | Whats new for Microsoft family

Brink, Jun 3, 2019
  3. Microsoft Family

Hi,

It could be because of the settings on the Family and Safety feature or the account you're using is added to a Family. With that being said, we suggest that you check if the account that you are using is a part of the
    Family list. To check on it, go to Cortana
    and search for Family Options.

To remove your account to the Family, you may follow the steps below:

• Use the Adult account to log in using this link.
    • Click on the Family tab.
    • On the account that you want to remove, click More > Remove from family.
    • Then click Remove to confirm.

Let us know how it goes and feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Jun 3, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Microsoft Family keeps locking me out, although I am no longer part of the Microsoft family...

Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Family keeps locking me out, although I am no longer part of the Microsoft family...

1. Microsoft Family keeps locking me out, although I am no longer part of the Microsoft family... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family keeps

2. Microsoft Family Safety Blocking Websites--Not part of family group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Safety Blocking Websites--Not part of family group: I'm having trouble with Microsoft family Safety constantly blocking websites even though I'm not a part of a family group. I keep getting "You’ll need to ask to use this site. If you want to, just send a request to an adult in your family" and ask now takes me to an error...
  3. Microsoft Family Safety Blocking Websites--Not part of family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety Blocking Websites--Not part of family group: I'm having trouble with Microsoft family Safety constantly blocking websites even though I'm not a part of a family group. I keep getting "You’ll need to ask to use this site. If you want to, just send a request to an adult in your family" and ask now takes me to an error...
  4. Microsoft Family Locked Out of Computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Locked Out of Computer: My son's computer will not allow him to log-in. It indicates that 'Time's Up' but I have turned off time limits. I tried turning them back on with an unlimited profile. I have removed him from my family. I added him back to the family. Regardless of what settings I adjust,...
  5. Microsoft Family Locked Out of Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Locked Out of Computer: My son's computer will not allow him to log-in. It indicates that 'Time's Up' but I have turned off time limits. I tried turning them back on with an unlimited profile. I have removed him from my family. I added him back to the family. Regardless of what settings I adjust,...
  6. Microsoft Family Locked Out of Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Microsoft Family gives "ask for permission" prompt even though I am no longer part of a...

Microsoft Family gives "ask for permission" prompt even though I am no longer part of a...: I recently installed a game launcher app, and when I tried to open it, I got the "You'll need permission to use this app" pop up that normally comes up when you try to open a restricted app in a MSFT Family. The problem is that I left my Microsoft Family group years ago, and...
  8. Family settings despite not being part of a Microsoft family

Family settings despite not being part of a Microsoft family: Recently I have been unable to use any search engines besides Edge. When I try I receive a family features pop up stating "You'll need to ask to use this app" and "You can't use Firefox because of your family safety settings, but it doesn't hurt to ask" I am not a part of any...
  9. Im no longer in my microsoft family but am still getting a child lock

Im no longer in my microsoft family but am still getting a child lock: I logged onto a pc for the first time in a while and it still says that i have a time restriction even though i have left my microsoft family and i cannot request more time because the parent account that it was originally created with is no longer active and my parent has...
  10. Family Safety - I am no longer part of a Microsoft Family yet there are still restrictions...

Family Safety - I am no longer part of a Microsoft Family yet there are still restrictions...: Hi, I was removed from my Microsoft family years ago, however I am still seeing restrictions on the New Microsoft Edge and other services on devices I signed into before this change. Why is this? I tried to find a way to change my account to local and then back to a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft screen time keeps locking child account for no reason

2. IGZmB/YTUUue/q/Y.0 (Win32:chrome.exe:C=US S=ca L=Mountain View O=Google LLC CN=Google LLC)

3. a6rgnkzn30y/usf7.19.0 (win32:chrome.exe:c=us s=ca l=mountain view o=google llc cn=google llc) www.windowsphoneinfo.com

4. ofeussu7auscxzbd.2.0 (win32:chrome.exe:c=us s=ca l=mountain view o=google llc cn=google llc),
  5. qhjbsgcmokudht9z.3.0 (win32:chrome.exe:c=us s=ca l=mountain view o=google llc cn=google llc),
  6. hjyzeqmxbuanxzkz.3.0 (win32:chrome.exe:c=us s=ca l=mountain view o=google llc cn=google llc),
  7. ive ggotten locked out of chrome because it says i am out of screen time but i am not part of a family,
  8. IvGEEtPgqEuHmS8o.5.0 (Win32:chrome.exe:C=US S=ca L=Mountain View O=Google LLC CN=Google LLC),
  9. pVAfbXGoFEqKNbWH.10.0 (Win32:chrome.exe:C=US S=ca L=Mountain View O=Google LLC CN=Google LLC),
  10. Trace ID: fkgPEDOSkEqetap5.6.0 (Win32:chrome.exe:C=US S=ca L=Mountain View O=Google LLC CN=Google LLC),
  11. w8h/xlu7q0kl2fbt.5.0 (win32:chrome.exe:c=us s=california l=mountain view o=google inc cn=google inc),
  12. ubsamd xlkixp74w.3.0 (win32:chrome.exe:c=us s=california l=mountain view o=google inc cn=google inc)