Windows 10: Microsoft Family keeps telling me to sign in to my account but I already am

Discus and support Microsoft Family keeps telling me to sign in to my account but I already am in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Every time I go to open an application, a window opens saying "Sign in so you don't miss out, you need to sign back into your Microsoft account do you... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SarahWeaver1, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Microsoft Family keeps telling me to sign in to my account but I already am

Every time I go to open an application, a window opens saying "Sign in so you don't miss out, you need to sign back into your Microsoft account do you can send your parent requests when you want more screen time or need permission for certain apps and sights." My Microsoft account is listed as an adult so I don't know why these pop-ups have happened. Cortona also asks me to sign in but I'm already in my account. I've tried signing in and out and I've tampered with the family settings but nothing has worked.

:)

SarahWeaver1, Aug 4, 2019

2. Microsoft Account Family Settings: There is an account in my family I didn't create

Hi Andie,

Thank you for posting your response.

We appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

As per the above information, I suggest that you refer to the steps below and check if you are bale to remove the unknown account.

• Sign in at account.microsoft.com/family with your Microsoft account on any PC or device
    • Click/tap on Remove under Adults in
      Your family
    • Click/tap on the adult account you want to remove, and click/tap on Remove
    • You (adult) and all other adults in family will now get an email confirming the adult has been removed from the family

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 29, 2019
  3. signing into microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us. We apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Accounts.
    • In the left pane, click on sign-in options.
    • In the right pane select Never from the drop down list for the option
      Require sign-in.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Teokute Win User

Microsoft Family keeps telling me to sign in to my account but I already am

Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Microsoft Family keeps telling me to sign in to my account but I already am :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Family keeps telling me to sign in to my account but I already am

1. Microsoft Family keeps telling me to sign in to my account but I already am - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family keeps

2. When I try to sign in they are telling me that my account doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to sign in they are telling me that my account doesn't work.: I don't know what is happening but I cannot sign in on my new laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-sign-in-they-are-telling-me-that-my/e04af9e7-82e6-4296-bc02-fa35213d87af
  3. When I try to sign in they are telling me that my account doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I try to sign in they are telling me that my account doesn't work.: I don't know what is happening but I cannot sign in on my new laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-sign-in-they-are-telling-me-that-my/e04af9e7-82e6-4296-bc02-fa35213d87af
  4. I am trying to link a Windows 11 machine to my MS account but it keeps telling me it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to link a Windows 11 machine to my MS account but it keeps telling me it...: I am trying to link a windows 11 laptop to my MS account. It asks me to enter the SN of the ne device. When I enter the SN it keeps saying that it does not recognize the SN even though I have verified that it is correct - even pasting in the SN from the manufacturers data....
  5. I am trying to link a Windows 11 machine to my MS account but it keeps telling me it...

I am trying to link a Windows 11 machine to my MS account but it keeps telling me it...: I am trying to link a windows 11 laptop to my MS account. It asks me to enter the SN of the ne device. When I enter the SN it keeps saying that it does not recognize the SN even though I have verified that it is correct - even pasting in the SN from the manufacturers data....
  6. Why does Windows keep telling me to sign into a different account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows keep telling me to sign into a different account?: In Settings, Apps > Apps & features, it says:"Sign in with your Microsoft account to continue app experiences across your devices." But, when I click the "sign in" button, it tells me to log into an account that is not mine, and I can't switch the account to log into.And in...
  7. Why does Windows keep telling me to sign into a different account?

Why does Windows keep telling me to sign into a different account?: In Settings, Apps > Apps & features, it says:"Sign in with your Microsoft account to continue app experiences across your devices." But, when I click the "sign in" button, it tells me to log into an account that is not mine, and I can't switch the account to log into.And in...
  8. Microsoft Family keeps locking me out, although I am no longer part of the Microsoft family...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family keeps locking me out, although I am no longer part of the Microsoft family...: On Friday, May 24, I graduated high school and my parents fulfilled their promise of removing the restrictions from my microsoft account and removing the time restrictions they had set. It would lock me out at 11:00 every night. Anyway, they as well got me a laptop which is...
  9. Microsoft family features - being spammed by popups telling me to sign in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft family features - being spammed by popups telling me to sign in: Hello, Recently, I have been getting a popup from Microsoft Family Features telling me to sign in. It has been spamming me with it every couple minutes. Any fixes? I have tried ending the "Family Safety Monitor" task via the Task Manager but that does not work. When I do...
  10. why does cortana keep telling me to sign in when iam already signed in ????

why does cortana keep telling me to sign in when iam already signed in ????: why does Cortana keep telling me to sign in when I am already signed in ???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_shopping/why-does-cortana-keep-telling-me-to-sign-in-when/5468c679-83be-419b-ba45-c6edd14c279d