Windows 10: Microsoft Family Locked Out of Computer

Discus and support Microsoft Family Locked Out of Computer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My son's computer will not allow him to log-in. It indicates that 'Time's Up' but I have turned off time limits. I tried turning them back on with an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BrendanDignan, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Microsoft Family Locked Out of Computer

My son's computer will not allow him to log-in. It indicates that 'Time's Up' but I have turned off time limits. I tried turning them back on with an unlimited profile. I have removed him from my family. I added him back to the family. Regardless of what settings I adjust, the computer indicates 'Time's up!"If I click 'My Parent is Here' it states that "Since you are an administrator on this device, you'll need to send a request for more screen time."When I click "Send a Request" it indicates "Something went wrong We were unable to send your request. Are you connected to the Internet?"

:)

BrendanDignan, Nov 24, 2021
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, Nov 24, 2021
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Microsoft family features icon on taskbar

Hi,

Microsoft Family Safety is a free parental monitoring app to help make it easier to keep your kids safe online. With Family Safety, you can give them some independence but still keep tabs on their computer activities. Family Safety allows you to:

• See which websites your kids have visited, and which apps and games they’ve used
    • Block or allow websites, apps, games, or other content.
    • Limit the amount of time they can spend on the PC

Since you never set up Microsoft family features on your computer, we suggest that you follow the steps on this

link
    to turn off the family settings in Windows 10.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Nov 24, 2021
  4. Microsoft Family Locked Out of Computer

Microsoft Family

Hi,

It could be because of the settings on the Family and Safety feature or the account you're using is added to a Family. With that being said, we suggest that you check if the account that you are using is a part of the
    Family list. To check on it, go to Cortana
    and search for Family Options.

To remove your account to the Family, you may follow the steps below:

• Use the Adult account to log in using this link.
    • Click on the Family tab.
    • On the account that you want to remove, click More > Remove from family.
    • Then click Remove to confirm.

Let us know how it goes and feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Nov 24, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Family Locked Out of Computer

1. Microsoft Family Locked Out of Computer - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Locked

2. Microsoft Family Locked Out of Computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Locked Out of Computer: My son's computer will not allow him to log-in. It indicates that 'Time's Up' but I have turned off time limits. I tried turning them back on with an unlimited profile. I have removed him from my family. I added him back to the family. Regardless of what settings I adjust,...
  3. Microsoft Family Locked Out of Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Locked Out of Computer: My son's computer will not allow him to log-in. It indicates that 'Time's Up' but I have turned off time limits. I tried turning them back on with an unlimited profile. I have removed him from my family. I added him back to the family. Regardless of what settings I adjust,...
  4. Locked out of Computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Locked out of Computer: I recently got an update on my computer. After it was installed and the computer turned back on I was asked to sign into my windows account. I can't access the Internet to do that because my Internet connection is saying 'No Internet, secured'. I only have the 'sign in'...
  5. Locked out of my computer by Microsoft.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of my computer by Microsoft.: Recently my laptop broke and I had to revert to an old one to continue my work which worked fine but then on closedown I was prompted to upgrade which I did. The next time I booted up Iwas met with the Window to log into Microsoft. The problem is that the email address...
  6. Locked out of computer

Locked out of computer: I am unable to sign into the start lock screen. Continuously states wrong password. The screen also shows that I am in airplane mode. I never use airplane mode so I'm unsure how that came to be. As a side not I am able to sign into Microsoft on my android phone with...
  7. Family settings locked out

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family settings locked out: My child is locked out of their account but they aren't signed into Microsoft family so when they send request it says something must have gone wrong and then they are locked out and I'm not sure what to do...
  8. Locked out of computer

Locked out of computer: My girlfriend has a HP laptop computer and someone called her and she gave the computers Ip number out and they changed the password to open the computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-of-computer/e5889992-8aa1-48e4-ac04-ff8c421272a7
  9. Locked out of Microsoft on my computer

Locked out of Microsoft on my computer: I have been locked out of my Microsoft on my computer. Online account works fine, but Cortana and Outlook and other features requiring my filling in a box - such as asking Cortana to find something - don't work. I have a blinking icon in the box, but when I type nothing...
  10. Locked out of computer

Locked out of computer: I'm not a very mentally stable person. I dont need this stress in my life and I'm about ready to **** over this. I can't log into my computer because Microsoft decided I needed to change my password cuz of some account issue. I have made a new hotmail and managed to get...