Windows 10: Microsoft Family: Locked screen time shouldn't count as usage time

Discus and support Microsoft Family: Locked screen time shouldn't count as usage time in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; If the computer is locked, my child isn't using it, and it shouldn't count as screen time. He's very young and often forgets to log off. If he locks... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by netdragon2010, May 16, 2020.

1. Microsoft Family: Locked screen time shouldn't count as usage time

If the computer is locked, my child isn't using it, and it shouldn't count as screen time.

He's very young and often forgets to log off. If he locks the screen and wakes up in the morning, his time is already used up for the day.

:)

netdragon2010, May 16, 2020

2. Windows 10 Family Safety: Time limits and screen locking

I recently set up my son's computer with family safety, and I have him limited to 3 hours of total screen time per weekday. I have told him that when he gets up to go outside, eat, or whatever to lock his computer - but it appears that the time he's away is counting toward his total time as well, which defeats the purpose of screen locking IMO. I've scoured Microsoft and the forums to see if screen lock time counts toward computer time in the family safety feature, but have found absolutely nothing. Does anyone out there know for sure, and if so can you post references?
    Thanks.

Rodger Cooley, May 16, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    MS Family Screen Time - Locked Screen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The screen time is based on the active hours on the computer, i.e. the idle time is not counted in the screen time report. When the screen is locked, the screen time is not getting calculated to the original screen time. You can find the information
    in the section Common issues with time limits of the thread
    Troubleshooting family safety features in Windows 10
    created by Daniel Strommen [MSFT].

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 16, 2020
  4. RonBDot Win User

Microsoft Family: Locked screen time shouldn't count as usage time

MS Family Screen Time - Locked Screen

On some days, MS Family reports more than 9 hours of screen time on my child’s account when I’m confident it should be far less. Does MS Family keep the clock running even when the screen is locked? If so, I suggest you pause the clock when the screen
    is locked.

RonBDot, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Family: Locked screen time shouldn't count as usage time

1. Microsoft Family: Locked screen time shouldn't count as usage time - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Locked

2. Microsoft Family Safety - screen time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety - screen time: Hi,I would like to ask if I can set screen time for non-Store apps and games. If not, are there any other alternatives for parental control?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-safety-screen-time/61c214d1-5502-4ffe-bcf5-645cd1f5abdc
  3. Microsoft Family Safety - screen time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Safety - screen time: Hi,I would like to ask if I can set screen time for non-Store apps and games. If not, are there any other alternatives for parental control?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-safety-screen-time/61c214d1-5502-4ffe-bcf5-645cd1f5abdc
  4. Please define what counts as "Screen time" in a Microsoft Family Safety report.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Please define what counts as "Screen time" in a Microsoft Family Safety report.: I can find no definition of the measure of "Screen time" in a Microsoft Family Safety report from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Can anyone please define what counts as "Screen time" in a Microsoft Family Safety report....
  5. Microsoft Family Screen Time issue

Microsoft Family Screen Time issue: [ATTACH] As seen in the screenshot, screen time on the taskbar tray prompts a different lockout time than the one set in the browser, and the computer will be locked out at 3PM as prompted instead of 12AM that was set. The actual lockout time prompted time also changes from...
  6. Microsoft family screen time

Microsoft family screen time: Hello. I set up my son's account in Microsoft family to control his screen time. However he's 15 and started to manipulate the date an time on the computer to trick the limits I've set up for him. Is there any setup I can use to prevent him to do this? Unfortunately I...
  7. MS Family Screen Time - Locked Screen

MS Family Screen Time - Locked Screen: On some days, MS Family reports more than 9 hours of screen time on my child’s account when I’m confident it should be far less. Does MS Family keep the clock running even when the screen is locked? If so, I suggest you pause the clock when the screen is locked....
  8. screen time limits in microsoft family

screen time limits in microsoft family: i am having a terrible time trying to set up screen time limits for my child in windows and his xbox one. i've signed in and out of my account and the child's account a dozen times, sending the email invite to join the family and otherwise following the instructions....
  9. Microsoft Family Screen time is BROKEN

Microsoft Family Screen time is BROKEN: So, my computer shuts off. I send a request to my dad for more screen time. He says that he opened the email and changed my time, right? But then I turn the computer back on, and it says i have no more screen time. HELP I don't know what is wrong. Nothing is changing. And...
  10. Microsoft Family Screen Time

Microsoft Family Screen Time: My child keeps getting time restriction messages on their computer. I have removed all restrictions and it will not update. This is very frustrating. Is there a solution? The "Device Limits" are completely off. There aren't any "Content Restrictions" set. I use Netnanny for...