Windows 10: Microsoft family making me ask an adult to access chrome or other websites when im an adult...

Discus and support Microsoft family making me ask an adult to access chrome or other websites when im an adult... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, So I didn't have anyone in my Microsoft family, I then tried to download and use chrome and it said I need to email a parent for permission, so I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by AbiPearce, Oct 30, 2018.

1. AbiPearce Win User

Microsoft family making me ask an adult to access chrome or other websites when im an adult...

Hi,

So I didn't have anyone in my Microsoft family, I then tried to download and use chrome and it said I need to email a parent for permission, so I clicked this, and an error came up saying they're unable to do this at the time.

I'm the admin on my laptop and i'm over 18 so I don't understand why these problems keep happening.... i've never had parental controls on this laptop.

Can someone help please!

Thankyou.

:)

AbiPearce, Oct 30, 2018

2. Cant use chrome: "You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use Chrome"

Hello,

You will have a restriction to use Chrome if you're using a child account. To turn off or stop using the family features Microsoft provides, follow the instructions for the version of Windows you’re using.

Kindly follow these steps:

• From a web browser, go to http://account.microsoft.com/family and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.
    • To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled Select a child to view or edit their settings. To remove an adult, including the account you used to sign in with, choose Remove at the top of the Adults section.
      If you're the only adult in the family, you'll need to remove all the kids before you can remove yourself.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family.
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.
    Do let us know if you have any other concerns.

Raymond Ave, Oct 31, 2018
  3. tomsta72 Win User
    You’ll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Google Chrome

Even though I'm an adult account it says: Ask for permission
    You’ll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use:

Google Chrome

I have also tried leaving the family but it still doesn't fix the problem.

tomsta72, Oct 31, 2018
  4. BenStorr Win User

Microsoft family making me ask an adult to access chrome or other websites when im an adult...

adult permissions for google chrome

When I try to open chrome I get a message saying: Ask for permission
    You’ll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use:

Google Chrome

I am not part of any family settings and I am an adult using my own PC, why is this coming up and what can I do to get rid of it?

BenStorr, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft family making me ask an adult to access chrome or other websites when im an adult... - Similar Threads - Microsoft family making

2. Parental Controls But Im an adult

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Parental Controls But Im an adult: I have had this account since I was in middle school and I am now an adult, 22 to be exact and yet I still have to ask for permission to do anything with my account. My birthday and birth year are correct so why is this not updating to give me full access to my account?...
  3. Microsoft asking for permission of an adult while I'm the family administrator

Microsoft asking for permission of an adult while I'm the family administrator: Im the family administrator 1st my son tried to install game through his account but the massage of "request permission appear to him" I got no notification so i tried to install it from my account on the PC with surprise of same massage then i removed all the family...
  4. Asking for an adults permission

Asking for an adults permission: I am the adult in my Family Account why is it asking me to get permission for anything on my laptop? If this keeps up I will never use this again. It has happened a few times and it is for a stupid app. The sticky Notes App. This needs to get handled across the board. I am...
  5. Google Chrome asking for admin/adult approval

Google Chrome asking for admin/adult approval: I've removed myself from the family and it still asks for parent's approval. I dont know what to even do anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-asking-for-adminadult-approval/2fa73af7-843c-49eb-816d-bd92f90e3cee"
  6. Google Chrome asking for adult permissions to access

Google Chrome asking for adult permissions to access: When I try to open Google chrome I need to request permission from adult by email. When I press ask by email I got error. How I can fix it??? I Can't use google chrome already for 3 weeks. No one from my family active family characteristics... I use an child account, plz fix...
  7. Microsoft Family Features: Ask for permission on an adult account

Microsoft Family Features: Ask for permission on an adult account: I have a computer in my house that recently lost a hard drive. To fix the problem, I ended up installing a new hard drive and doing a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version. It has all the latest patches and updates installed. This clean install is only a few weeks...
  8. Adult account being asked for parental consent - Microsoft Family

Adult account being asked for parental consent - Microsoft Family: I have someone on my family account that is an adult, when he tries and access certain items he gets notifications he cannot due to parental controls. I never see any emails saying he is asking or notifications, etc. But none the less he is an adult and can access any of...
  9. Non-Parent Adult in Microsoft Family

Non-Parent Adult in Microsoft Family: I have added my father to our family, because he's part of the family, but now he gets every email request for more screen time (Xbox and PC), purchase requests, screen time reports, etc. Neither I nor he want this. He can also me from my family, which is strange. How can I...
  10. I'm an Adult (Microsoft family features)

I'm an Adult (Microsoft family features): [img] Ever since update KB4338819 dated 10/07/2018 I have been presented with this appearing on my computer screen after booting up, Windows 10 home Version 1803 build 17134.167,I have searched for remedies on how to correct this to no avail,The only solution that worked was...