Windows 10: Microsoft Family More Screen Time Requests Showing Wrong TIme

Discus and support Microsoft Family More Screen Time Requests Showing Wrong TIme in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When receiving the more screen time requests emails, I noticed that the emails were showing a time/date AFTER the time/date of the email. For example... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Tavarni, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Tavarni Win User

Microsoft Family More Screen Time Requests Showing Wrong TIme

When receiving the more screen time requests emails, I noticed that the emails were showing a time/date AFTER the time/date of the email. For example the email body would read "[child] asked on July 12 at 5:00 AM.", but the email was received the evening of July 11th local time. When I translated the the time listed in the body of the request, I realized that it is listing time in UTC, instead of the local time.The screen limits are working, and are restricting logins to the hours that were set up, according to the local time zone. So it just appears to be the email body that is incorrect. I a

:)

Tavarni, Jul 21, 2021

2. Microsoft Family additional Screen Time requests not being sent

Support Engineers:

Please read my issue and the steps I have already taken very carefully -

My Issue:

• I have screen time management setup for my children.
    • When they surpass their allocated time, they are presented with the option to request additional time (as expected).
    • PREVIOUSLY, I would receive an email asking for my approval to grant them additional time. I would approve and they would be able to use their accounts (as expected).
    • CURRENTLY, I no longer receive the email once they click on the request for more time. They are unable to log into their accounts which is impacting their ability to complete homework assignments.

Steps I have already tried that did not work:

• Rebooted
    • Tried to submit the request from multiple PCs
    • Deleted all files under the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls folder
    • Tried running the Family Safety Time Limits tool (doesn't work on Windows 10)
    • Applied all known Windows Updates

PLEASE HELP!

Thank you for your time

John Timotheou, Jul 21, 2021
  3. Family screen time sending "Can <child> have more screen time?" requests to wrong email address

I have a Family set up with screen time limits for a child. Last night, they wanted more Minecraft time, so they clicked the "Request more time" button in Windows 10. I didn't receive an email.

I got into work this morning and found that the email had been sent to my work email address, not my home email address.

Previously, I had both email addresses registered with my Microsoft account. However, I have since removed my work email address from my Microsoft account. I can't even find a reference to it anywhere on the Microsoft account page.

Questions:

• How is it that the screen time requests are going to an email address that is no longer part of my account?
    • How can I adjust what email address the screen time requests are going to?

Mag Roader, Jul 21, 2021
  4. Microsoft Family More Screen Time Requests Showing Wrong TIme

Microsoft Family Screen time is BROKEN

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were you able to perform this task previously?

2. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?

As I understand your concern related to Microsoft Family screen time limits, let us try few troubleshooting methods to fix this issue and check if that helps:

Method 1: Fix screen time limits not working. Refer the following article on
    Fix screen time limits not working
    for steps to troubleshoot issue with screen limits.

Method 2: If the issue persists, I suggest you to remove and re-add the child account back to the family account. Refer the article on
    Remove members from your family group
    for steps to remove the child account from the family account. You can refer the following article on

Add members to your family group for steps to add the child account back to your family account.

Hope it helps,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Family More Screen Time Requests Showing Wrong TIme

1. Microsoft Family More Screen Time Requests Showing Wrong TIme - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family More

2. Family Safety Restrictions Error Request for more Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Restrictions Error Request for more Time: Hello, I am currently trying to get on to my computer and request for more time, However when I click the button to do so I get this “Something went wrong” “We’re unable to send your request. Are you connected to the Internet? 80f81d93“I am connected to the Internet and I do...
  3. Family Safety Restrictions Error Request for more Time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety Restrictions Error Request for more Time: Hello, I am currently trying to get on to my computer and request for more time, However when I click the button to do so I get this “Something went wrong” “We’re unable to send your request. Are you connected to the Internet? 80f81d93“I am connected to the Internet and I do...
  4. Microsoft Family - One-time time extension vs request time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family - One-time time extension vs request time: I really like using screen time limits to manage how much time my kids are spending on the computer. Rather than giving them time every day, we use a system where kids earn time to use the computer for completing chores and other tasks, then we grant time as a reward....
  5. Microsoft family screen time

Microsoft family screen time: Hello. I set up my son's account in Microsoft family to control his screen time. However he's 15 and started to manipulate the date an time on the computer to trick the limits I've set up for him. Is there any setup I can use to prevent him to do this? Unfortunately I...
  6. Family Groups - 'Request more screen time' issue

Family Groups - 'Request more screen time' issue: I need help.... I have set up my daughter with screen time request which work fine however now I have added another adult to the family 'group' they get the requests as well. I understand the principle of this but I don't want them to receive the same requests how do I stop...
  7. Unable to send request for more screen time

Unable to send request for more screen time: Hi. I noticed my child is unable to request for more screen time when the VPN is connected. It works perfectly when the VPN is off. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-send-request-for-more-screen-time/6260bf14-815b-487d-9afb-1b7eb37408e9"
  8. Time allotments for child request more screen time

Time allotments for child request more screen time: Is there a way to customize the time allotments when a child is requesting more screen time? I don't understand the logic behind the offering: 15 minutes ( what is the purpose of 15 minutes?) 30 minutes 1 hour 2 hours Can't we get more than 2 but less than 8 ? This...
  9. Microsoft Family Screen Time

Microsoft Family Screen Time: My child keeps getting time restriction messages on their computer. I have removed all restrictions and it will not update. This is very frustrating. Is there a solution? The "Device Limits" are completely off. There aren't any "Content Restrictions" set. I use Netnanny for...
  10. Bug Report for Microsoft-Family: Kids Additional Time Request with wrong Time-Stamp

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bug Report for Microsoft-Family: Kids Additional Time Request with wrong Time-Stamp: Our son requested additional Time and the message was send in time (14:45 local time), but the small text at the bottom of the message was "[Name] has requested at [Date] 12:45 ..." We live in Europe (UTC+2)....