Windows 10: Microsoft family- no longer monitoring child's activity after school added security certificate

Discus and support Microsoft family- no longer monitoring child's activity after school added security certificate in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I no longer receive activity reports for my son's account after our school installed some kind of activity monitoring software on it. I used to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RogerBeck1, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Microsoft family- no longer monitoring child's activity after school added security certificate

I no longer receive activity reports for my son's account after our school installed some kind of activity monitoring software on it.

I used to receive a weekly activity report of his activity until he started to take it to school. The school requires that they install some kind of monitoring software on any device that the child uses at school (this is at a private school) which is fine with me, but after they installed it I no longer received activity reports at all. The school doesn't have a skill tech to help me figure out what the problem is. They just tell me that it may have something to do with a security certificate.

His HP laptop is running the latest version of Windows 10.

Any ideas of how I could find out what's going on?

:)

RogerBeck1, Aug 26, 2019
  2. Anne Fuj Win User

Microsoft family- no longer monitoring child's activity

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are having this issue. One of the reasons could your account might not be configured properly. To resolve this, let us reconfigure your Family Safety feature:

Remove child account

• From a web browser, go to http://account.microsoft.com/family and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.
    • To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family.
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.

Add child account to your family

• Sign in at account.microsoft.com/family.
    • If this is your first time setting up a family, select Add a child.

If you've already added child accounts to your family, go to Select a child to view or edit their settings and then select Add.
    • Enter your child's email address and select Send invite. If your child doesn't have an email address, select Create a new email address for your child and follow the instructions on the screen.

Update us with the result so we can further help you.

Anne Fuj, Aug 26, 2019
  3. Microsoft family- no longer monitoring child's activity

Hi Frederick,

The recent activities of your child's device not being reported is usually due to the settings under
    Feedback and diagnostics. In the Creators Update, Website activity is set to
    Basic by design. Go to Settings/Privacy/Feedback & diagnostics and check if the level has been changed
    Enhanced or Full.

Additionally, please check this link for the steps to make sure that activity reporting is turned on:

Monitor your child's device use with activity reports

If the issue remains, May we know what browser are you using to monitor your child's activities? Also, are you experiencing this issue with other browsers?

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Aug 26, 2019
  4. CJH999 Win User

Microsoft family- no longer monitoring child's activity after school added security certificate

Microsoft family- no longer monitoring child's activity

I use Microsoft Family to restrict and monitor the web and app activity of my children on our PC.

For the past few weeks, it shows that they have not browsed the web and have not used any apps, although both are not true. I would like to block Chrome (for example), since web filtering only works on Edge, but it won't let me block it unless it was used.
    So I'm stuck in a catch-22: it is being used but since apps (and browsing) are not being monitored, it's not registered as having been used and thus can't be blocked.

Browsing in Edge is not being monitored or restricted either.

The only feature of Microsoft Family that seems to be working is restricting screen time (but not monitoring it).

Several fixes were posted to this problem in the past but were in reference to older versions of Windows.

I added a new child/profile yesterday, but it still doesn't work, so it appears that starting again will not solve the problem.

Help!

Thanks!

CJH999, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft family- no longer monitoring child's activity after school added security certificate

1. Microsoft family- no longer monitoring child's activity after school added security certificate - Similar Threads - Microsoft family longer

2. Error adding existing child account to Microsoft Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Error adding existing child account to Microsoft Family Safety: I created a child account for my daughter, but I encountered an error when I'm about to finish the process saying, "it's not you, it's us". Now the account has been created as I can login to windows using the account but when I am trying to add it in family safety, I still...
  3. Error adding existing child account to Microsoft Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error adding existing child account to Microsoft Family Safety: I created a child account for my daughter, but I encountered an error when I'm about to finish the process saying, "it's not you, it's us". Now the account has been created as I can login to windows using the account but when I am trying to add it in family safety, I still...
  4. Error adding existing child account to Microsoft Family Safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Error adding child to family

Error adding child to family: Trying to add a child to my family group. After going through and giving consent, I get this error screen. MS support has told me there's nothing they can do about it and they referred me here. Is anyone able to help with this?...
  6. Microsoft Family Adding Money to Child Account

Microsoft Family Adding Money to Child Account: I have searched thru the instructions as to how to add money to child account and as everyone else, got the same issue. Not a currency issue, I have tried multiple times and never succeeded once. Has anyone been successful in doing this?...
  7. Microsoft Family child account not monitored on a certain computer

Microsoft Family child account not monitored on a certain computer: I have 3 computers at home: X, Y, Z. All running on windows 10. All up to date with windows update. We have 3 accounts. The main account which is admin, child A and child B which are child accounts. I've also check on each computer that account is child... and not admin....
  8. adding a childs phone to microsoft family

adding a childs phone to microsoft family: How do I add my child's andriod phone to devices on Microsoft family? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-childs-phone-to-microsoft-family/3ddd65da-48ce-4c95-bca6-b35779cc0fec
  9. Microsoft Family shows wrong activity for my child

Microsoft Family shows wrong activity for my child: Hi! I have given my child permission to use his computer 2 times yesterday - 1 hour and then 2 hours, using the button "my parent is here" and selecting the allowed period. I have watched him using this screen time. I know that he has played Fortnite for 3 hours. Why is the...
  10. Manage and View Activity of Microsoft Family Child Member

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Manage and View Activity of Microsoft Family Child Member: How to: Manage and View Activity of Microsoft Family Child Member How to Manage and View Activity of Microsoft Family Child Member on Windows 10, Xbox One, and Android Devices A child's location, limit which websites and games they can access, and require your approval...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why doesnt family safety track visited chrome web pages

2. child account shows in microsoft family but not receivng reports