Windows 10: Microsoft family not connecting...

Discus and support Microsoft family not connecting... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I need to talk to a person to resolve a problem on my son's computer. I have Microsoft Family set-up which works with the Xbox with no issues. My son... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by AngiePietersen, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Microsoft family not connecting...

I need to talk to a person to resolve a problem on my son's computer. I have Microsoft Family set-up which works with the Xbox with no issues. My son has just got a Microsoft PC and has been set-up as administrator. I need to change this so that his time limits from Microsoft Family work BUT the PC states "We can't connect to Microsoft Family at the moment, so your family on this device may not be up to date." My account does not show.If I try to add a family member then get another error message stating "Something went wrong...". Please provide a solution to fix this problem ASAP. If Micro

:)

AngiePietersen, Jan 26, 2022
  2. BHeather Win User

We can't connect to Microsoft Family at the moment

Hi This didn't help but I found that if I make put the internal firewall on the DMZ for the external router then the Microsoft family stuff starts working. This suggests that there is a connection issue with a specific site so please can I return to my
    first questions

• which domains the microsoft family services use so I can white list them
    • if there i a direct network connection please can you tell me which ports are used so I can forward them directly.

Does anyone know what is happening or how I can sort this without using the DMZ feature.

Many thanks

Bruce

BHeather, Jan 26, 2022
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 26, 2022
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Microsoft family not connecting...

Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 26, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft family not connecting...

1. Microsoft family not connecting... - Similar Threads - Microsoft family connecting

2. How to connect a Windows Device to Microsoft Family?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to connect a Windows Device to Microsoft Family?: We are trying to follow the steps to connect a device for a child to MS family. The last step is to pick the account and select Allow. Except there is no Allow button. There is only 'Change account type' and 'Block'. The account in question is a child MS account that is under...
  3. How to connect a Windows Device to Microsoft Family?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to connect a Windows Device to Microsoft Family?: We are trying to follow the steps to connect a device for a child to MS family. The last step is to pick the account and select Allow. Except there is no Allow button. There is only 'Change account type' and 'Block'. The account in question is a child MS account that is under...
  4. "We can't connect to Microsoft Family at the moment"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    "We can't connect to Microsoft Family at the moment": So I had a desktop Windows 10 used it with family features for about a year with no issues, then I got a laptop Windows 11, with the same account as the desktop. All of the sudden when I log onto the desktop and send a request it errors out saying "failed to send request" I...
  5. "We can't connect to Microsoft Family at the moment"

"We can't connect to Microsoft Family at the moment": So I had a desktop Windows 10 used it with family features for about a year with no issues, then I got a laptop Windows 11, with the same account as the desktop. All of the sudden when I log onto the desktop and send a request it errors out saying "failed to send request" I...
  6. Microsoft family not connecting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft family not connecting...: I need to talk to a person to resolve a problem on my son's computer. I have Microsoft Family set-up which works with the Xbox with no issues. My son has just got a Microsoft PC and has been set-up as administrator. I need to change this so that his time limits from Microsoft...
  7. Microsoft family not connecting...

Microsoft family not connecting...: I need to talk to a person to resolve a problem on my son's computer. I have Microsoft Family set-up which works with the Xbox with no issues. My son has just got a Microsoft PC and has been set-up as administrator. I need to change this so that his time limits from Microsoft...
  8. Microsoft Family Safety - uanble to connect device

Microsoft Family Safety - uanble to connect device: TLDR: This is ridiculous. 1. I signed up for Microsoft Family Safety MFS. 2. I added my child to the family group -> created a new *** Email address is removed for privacy *** account3. I downloaded the app on my phone4. It says to connect to a device, have your child log...
  9. Microsoft Family Safety - uanble to connect device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety - uanble to connect device: TLDR: This is ridiculous. 1. I signed up for Microsoft Family Safety MFS. 2. I added my child to the family group -> created a new *** Email address is removed for privacy *** account3. I downloaded the app on my phone4. It says to connect to a device, have your child log...
  10. we can't connect to Microsoft family at the moment

we can't connect to Microsoft family at the moment: is anyone seeing this message in red text about not being able to connect to family at the moment in settings. For past few days I am seeing this come up on occasion, it often goes away after a short while and is pretty infrequent but I reckon I have seen it about 5 or 6...