Windows 10: Microsoft Family - not possible to install third application with menber account

Discus and support Microsoft Family - not possible to install third application with menber account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I create a family group with microsoft family. All access are OK. ON my son PC, I delete the administrator account. There is only the member... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by PapaMum., Sep 26, 2020.

1. PapaMum. Win User

Microsoft Family - not possible to install third application with menber account

Hi,

I create a family group with microsoft family. All access are OK. ON my son PC, I delete the administrator account. There is only the member account.

However when he want to install a new application, a windows appears saying to became "Super adminstrator"

Microsoft Family - not possible to install third application with menber account 4c93d73f-4254-46e1-be25-4023aafc3734?upload=true.jpg

Then when I try to activate super administrator account through"Cmd" command running with "adminstrator right, I have a Microsft family windows aking for login/password but no field to fill. Only choice is NO.

Could anyone help me in broken the infernal loop ?

Microsoft Family - not possible to install third application with menber account 3bc91ee2-6dd1-4565-b12e-c0bf6ac7dfd3?upload=true.jpg

:)

PapaMum., Sep 26, 2020

2. cant add family menber

Hello Hari,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I understand your concern about the issue and will help you out.

I would require more information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Which editions of Windows did you earlier?

• Are you trying to create family account for the 1st time or you have created earlier?

• Please provide screenshot of the issue for better understanding.

Post us back with a screen shot to help us understand more about the issue. We’ll be glad to assist you further. Refer
    How to include a screenshot in your post
    - Microsoft Community

Be informed that you can add a family member online. Follow the below steps to do so.

To add a family member, follow these steps:

• Click on ‘Add a child’ if you want to add a child or else choose ‘Add another adult first instead’.

• You will be asked enter to Microsoft account of the member you want to add under ‘Enter the adult’s email to invite them to the family.

• Click Send invite.

• Once the invite is sent, an acknowledgement screen that states "Invitation sent to their email”. When they accept your invite, they'll join your family."

Hope it helps. Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Pushyanth K S, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Microsoft Account Family Settings: There is an account in my family I didn't create

Hi Andie,

Thank you for posting your response.

We appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

As per the above information, I suggest that you refer to the steps below and check if you are bale to remove the unknown account.

• Sign in at account.microsoft.com/family with your Microsoft account on any PC or device
    • Click/tap on Remove under Adults in
      Your family
    • Click/tap on the adult account you want to remove, and click/tap on Remove
    • You (adult) and all other adults in family will now get an email confirming the adult has been removed from the family

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Microsoft Family - not possible to install third application with menber account

Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Family - not possible to install third application with menber account - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family possible

2. microsoft family accounts not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft family accounts not working: I have been struggling to get Microsoft Family working for nearly a year, Its just not safe for my son to use the computer without this working, after spending many many hours with microsoft help, and endless hours searching the web, I have got nowhere. However, I think...
  3. Microsoft Account Family artifacts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account Family artifacts: I know a Microsoft user can add a family member to share services and monitor devices.Doing so also generates a 4720 event for the invited user. Getting an account created on the Windows machines using the source or inviter Microsoft Account. I take there is an api call to...
  4. Microsoft Account Family artifacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Family artifacts: I know a Microsoft user can add a family member to share services and monitor devices.Doing so also generates a 4720 event for the invited user. Getting an account created on the Windows machines using the source or inviter Microsoft Account. I take there is an api call to...
  5. problems with family accounts says my son is already a menber

problems with family accounts says my son is already a menber: Hi i created some microsoft accounts for my family and put them under my account as a family. It works fine for the oldest of my son read S1 and my wife. Now my other son S2 got a computer and i created a microsoft account for him to he wants to plat minecraft. But...
  6. Is it possible to disable application telemetry for my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to disable application telemetry for my Microsoft account?: I was just on account.microsoft.com/privacy and I saw that they're logging which applications I use. I'd be fine with it if it were just my Windows Store apps or if it gave me an obvious toggle, but they're logging my Steam games to my Microsoft account. Project Cars 2,...
  7. Family Account Application Access

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Family Account Application Access: I want to use a PC as a family PC and I want each family member to have acess to the same apps, even those outside of Microsoft Office. So far, only I as an administrator have access to all the apps, once a family members logs in, only very basic applications are displayed....
  8. Microsoft family accounts

Microsoft family accounts: Im Interested in usuing microsoft family to track the content accessed by my kids to prevent inappropriate content. But what if one of my kids simply creates a new microsoft account and logs onto the xbox on that new account? This new account would not he part of my microsoft...
  9. Can't Block Applications in Microsoft Family

Can't Block Applications in Microsoft Family: I have accounts for each of my family members in Microsoft Family safety. I looked at recent activity for one of my children and I was allowed to block the use of Google Chrome. However when I go to another child's account and look at recent activity, it says "Can't Block"...
  10. Security permissions in Microsoft and third party applications.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security permissions in Microsoft and third party applications.: I'm constantly running into the issue what should I allow to install in my PC's and laptops. Usually what disqualifies them it is asking for excessive permissions. I think there should be standard set where user would be able to access and change each individual permission...