Windows 10: Microsoft Family not syncing

Discus and support Microsoft Family not syncing in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I've been trying to get Microsoft Family to work correctly for the past few months. There must have been an update or something changed as it worked... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by michaeljajkowski, Dec 23, 2021.

1. Microsoft Family not syncing

I've been trying to get Microsoft Family to work correctly for the past few months. There must have been an update or something changed as it worked previously. Now without Microsoft Family there is turmoil here in my home and I'd like to try and get this resolved. My settings were I requested my children to request time. I would grant them the minutes that would allow them their computer / free time. When I grant their time it shows it acknowledged and approved on the iOS app and on the computer. But it doesn't actually update and sync with the approved rights. So far I've removed b

:)

michaeljajkowski, Dec 23, 2021
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, Dec 23, 2021
  3. Microsoft Family

Hi,

It could be because of the settings on the Family and Safety feature or the account you're using is added to a Family. With that being said, we suggest that you check if the account that you are using is a part of the
    Family list. To check on it, go to Cortana
    and search for Family Options.

To remove your account to the Family, you may follow the steps below:

• Use the Adult account to log in using this link.
    • Click on the Family tab.
    • On the account that you want to remove, click More > Remove from family.
    • Then click Remove to confirm.

Let us know how it goes and feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Dec 23, 2021
  4. Microsoft Family not syncing

Microsoft Account not syncing WP8.1

Hi Michael,

We suggest that you manually sync your Microsoft account by following these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap email + accounts.
    • Tap and hold your Microsoft account.
    • Tap sync.

Check also if you have the correct date and time set on your phone.

Let us know the results.

Regards.

Justin Sor, Dec 23, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Family not syncing

1. Microsoft Family not syncing - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family syncing

2. Microsoft Family Restrictions- Not in a family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Restrictions- Not in a family: I am 18 and I keep getting Microsoft family restriction randomly. I am not in a family group nor was I in one in the past with other people. When I first got my surface pro 8 I did create a family group, but I was the only one in it-- I was basically in a "family" but it was...
  3. Microsoft Family Restrictions- Not in a family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Restrictions- Not in a family: I am 18 and I keep getting Microsoft family restriction randomly. I am not in a family group nor was I in one in the past with other people. When I first got my surface pro 8 I did create a family group, but I was the only one in it-- I was basically in a "family" but it was...
  4. Microsoft Family not syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family not syncing: I've been trying to get Microsoft Family to work correctly for the past few months. There must have been an update or something changed as it worked previously. Now without Microsoft Family there is turmoil here in my home and I'd like to try and get this resolved. My...
  5. Microsoft Family not syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family not syncing: I've been trying to get Microsoft Family to work correctly for the past few months. There must have been an update or something changed as it worked previously. Now without Microsoft Family there is turmoil here in my home and I'd like to try and get this resolved. My...
  6. Microsoft Sync

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Sync: After adding the credentails for an account to windows, I got the error Local create for collection browsersettings-autocompleteformdata-internet-explorer failed. Result: 0x80090034 After that I am getting the following error 120 times; Operation not found for 4, XXX...
  7. Microsoft Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family: So today I discovered that my kids have figured out a way about their screen time access. If they don't have screen time, but the pop-up allows for "my parent is here / send a request for time". If they select "my parent is here" and just enter in a sibling's user name...
  8. Microsoft family

Microsoft family: I invited my wife's email account to join our existing Microsoft family. When she accepts from her computer will her windows system download my Microsoft family login profile on to her computer? Will her windows user profiles sync with my user profiles and populate her...
  9. microsoft family

microsoft family: someone put microsoft family on my computer without permission. how do i turn it off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family/c8a9d783-ca60-42a7-9878-2cf1d976c53e
  10. Microsoft Family

Microsoft Family: How do I change a family member from organizer to member? Moved from: Install, upgrade and activate / Other/unknown / Microsoft 365 Family https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family/12444787-0aa4-4a63-b894-52c40696e8c0