Windows 10: Microsoft Family Not water tight

Discus and support Microsoft Family Not water tight in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello,I've been using Family for a while now and although the idea is exactly what I want, the performance is lacking.Now I know my son has found ways... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JeroenHendriks2, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Microsoft Family Not water tight

Hello,I've been using Family for a while now and although the idea is exactly what I want, the performance is lacking.Now I know my son has found ways around the monitoring, but I also think there are glitches in the system.If your child uses anything else but Edge for example it does not monitor websites visited etc. It will tell you how long that other browser was used.So I blocked them.He could still use them.I've told him to get rid of any other browser. Now I keep seeing Chrome as being used. I check his laptop, but can't find it.Another issue is the link with his phone. For the past week

:)

JeroenHendriks2, Jun 7, 2021
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jun 7, 2021
  3. Microsoft Family

Hi,

It could be because of the settings on the Family and Safety feature or the account you're using is added to a Family. With that being said, we suggest that you check if the account that you are using is a part of the
    Family list. To check on it, go to Cortana
    and search for Family Options.

To remove your account to the Family, you may follow the steps below:

• Use the Adult account to log in using this link.
    • Click on the Family tab.
    • On the account that you want to remove, click More > Remove from family.
    • Then click Remove to confirm.

Let us know how it goes and feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Jun 7, 2021
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

Microsoft Family Not water tight

Microsoft family blocking chrome

Hello
    MayceHoag,

To disable family features and turn off family settings on Windows 10, I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in these support articles:

Make sure you're signed in with your Microsoft account to
    account.microsoft.com/family

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Jun 7, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Family Not water tight

1. Microsoft Family Not water tight - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family water

2. spilled water

in Windows 10 Gaming
    spilled water: sweet the other day I spilt water on my computer most of them went into the holes where the charging port and it won't even turn on so I need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spilled-water/e96fab86-c35d-4e08-ad51-8c01f23fca26
  3. spilled water

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    spilled water: sweet the other day I spilt water on my computer most of them went into the holes where the charging port and it won't even turn on so I need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spilled-water/e96fab86-c35d-4e08-ad51-8c01f23fca26
  4. spilled water

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Microsoft Family Restrictions- Not in a family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Restrictions- Not in a family: I am 18 and I keep getting Microsoft family restriction randomly. I am not in a family group nor was I in one in the past with other people. When I first got my surface pro 8 I did create a family group, but I was the only one in it-- I was basically in a "family" but it was...
  6. Microsoft Family Restrictions- Not in a family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Restrictions- Not in a family: I am 18 and I keep getting Microsoft family restriction randomly. I am not in a family group nor was I in one in the past with other people. When I first got my surface pro 8 I did create a family group, but I was the only one in it-- I was basically in a "family" but it was...
  7. Water damage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Water damage: So not really a Microsoft Surface or anything, but it is a Windows 10 laptop so I'm hoping I could get some help here. Last night when I was not around my (open) laptop, my water bottle had tipped over all over my keyboard. I found out a few mins after, during which my...
  8. Windows in shutdown tight loop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows in shutdown tight loop.: I am a Windows Insider (Fast). Received the update last week. At the end of my day (2am). I shutdown my laptop and went to bed. Next day tried to start the laptop. nothing for about 5 minutes and the words "Shutting down" appeared along with little dots circling....
  9. Interesting 'water mark'!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Interesting 'water mark'!: Just woken my pc up and notice that in the bottom right corner of the desktop there is a faint image that reads: "Activate Windows Go to settings to activate Windows" see below: [ATTACH] Needless to say the PC has been running Widows 10 since it was upgraded (and...
  10. water effects

in Windows 10 Customization
    water effects: i noticed in the live tile on my desktop that the picture of my wall paper had moving water is there a way to make my wallpaper do that all the time? 45960