Windows 10: Microsoft Family notifications

Discus and support Microsoft Family notifications in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; For years I would always receive notifications when my child would request more time on their computer. In the last couple weeks though I no longer... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Nutaris, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Nutaris Win User

Microsoft Family notifications

For years I would always receive notifications when my child would request more time on their computer. In the last couple weeks though I no longer receive these as notifications and only get emails. I still get notifications from other apps. No settings have been changed at all by me and notifications are enabled for all apps and services according the Notifications & actions settings page. System file scan turned up no errors.

I suspect a recent update may have caused this issue but I can't find any way to get it working again. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you.

:)

Nutaris, Mar 24, 2020

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Microsoft News Notifications

Follow these steps to check if it works:

Step 1: Open the Windows Settings menu by pressing the Windows Key and “I,” or alternatively search for Settings in the Windows search bar and click the corresponding result.

Step 2: Click Notifications & Actions in the left-hand menu. This will take you to a screen providing access to all of the settings related to notifications and the Action Center.

Step 3: Click the System icon, then select Notifications and actions from the left-hand menu.

Step 4: Look for the Notifications subheading, where you will see a number of toggles for various types of notifications. The following is a list of the settings you can toggle on this screen:

• Get notifications from apps and other senders
    • Show notifications on the lock screen
    • Show alarms, reminders, and incoming VoIP calls on the lock screen
    • Hide notifications when duplicating my screen
    • Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows
    You may just turn them off the notification as you need.

PeterPeng3, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Family notifications - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family notifications

2. What notifications can Microsoft family safety leave?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What notifications can Microsoft family safety leave?: Hey, can you receive notifications on Microsoft Family Safety? I know you can receive emails weekly, but can you receive notifications on the actual Microsoft Family Safety website?And if so, what notifications can you receive? Are they about the activity you do on the...
  3. What notifications can Microsoft family safety leave?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What notifications can Microsoft family safety leave?: Hey, can you receive notifications on Microsoft Family Safety? I know you can receive emails weekly, but can you receive notifications on the actual Microsoft Family Safety website?And if so, what notifications can you receive? Are they about the activity you do on the...
  4. Microsoft family - how to turn off notification to turn it on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft family - how to turn off notification to turn it on: I was reinstalling Windows 10 Pro replacing hard drive and now I get notification to turn on the family feature. I live alone and I don't have any kids or a wife so I don't need this feature. At most, if I require it. I'll set-up a limited guest account on my computer local...
  5. Microsoft family - how to turn off notification to turn it on

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft family - how to turn off notification to turn it on: I was reinstalling Windows 10 Pro replacing hard drive and now I get notification to turn on the family feature. I live alone and I don't have any kids or a wife so I don't need this feature. At most, if I require it. I'll set-up a limited guest account on my computer local...
  6. Microsoft family features notification

Microsoft family features notification: I keep getting a bunch of notifications for microsoft family features and needing to "Sign in so you don't miss out". I've attached the full notification below. [ATTACH] Not sure why I'm getting these; I don't remember ever signing up for anything related to microsoft...
  7. Family Feature Notifications?

Family Feature Notifications?: I got a new Windows 10 laptop, and my dad set up a Family Features thing, and just today I've been getting a Family Features notification saying I need to sign in. Whenever I press the 'sign in' button, it has me put in the pin to my laptop. But once I put the pin in, the...
  8. How to turn off notifications of Microsoft family features???

How to turn off notifications of Microsoft family features???: I was setup Microsoft family screen time limit for my kids on her laptop. "apps and game limits"--"google chrome"----"6 hour limit" Each time when she opens the google chrome gets notification, it is really annoying. How can I turn off this notification and keep time...
  9. Family notifications

Family notifications: Hello, I have a family account that includes 3 child accounts. For one reason or another I've added extra parent accounts. Is there a way to stop notifications when a child account asks for screen time so i only get one notification/email? Thanks Jeff Moved from:...
  10. Family account notifications

Family account notifications: Hi I have a family account with one child and three adults in it. At the moment, all the adults get the child's weekly report. Only one needs it, how do I change it so only I get the reports?...