Windows 10: Microsoft Family & permission

Discus and support Microsoft Family & permission in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I have an Office 365 Family subscription which I share with my kids & partner and I struggle to set up permissions to limit who can see what.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by C.V._1975, Jan 25, 2019.

1. C.V._1975 Win User

Microsoft Family & permission

Hello,

I have an Office 365 Family subscription which I share with my kids & partner and I struggle to set up permissions to limit who can see what.

In details:
    1/ Partner is not children's mother, so should not see the activity reports. Yet, the emails are send to both adults of the family.
    2/ Children's are approaching adult age, and while they'll still be dependent as student for few years, I'm not gonna handle their account as Child account again. Problem is that then, they will get Adult permissions which is not an ideal situation (also means that the oldest child will get the report of youngest until youngest is "adult")

The only permission i could find if to allow or deny adult to see each other devices. But nothing else.

Has anyone any trick here, I guess I'm not the only one in this kind of situation Microsoft Family & permission :)?

thanks

Chris

:)

C.V._1975, Jan 25, 2019

2. Still need permission even though i am not in a family group

• I am not getting any error messages
    • I've just started experiencing these issues, because I haven't log into my Microsoft account since I had my Xbox 360 and made a parental account which I own. Anyways I bought a pc the other day and when I saw that my main account was listed as a child's
      account I exited the family in that account and I yet require permission from an adult account. Besides leaving the family I don't remember making any prior change.
    • Well I joined the family group again and try to give my self permission on the adult account but didn't understand what steps to take so, I left the family group again, but this time I made my account an adult account, but I still required permission.

Infinity_-FightZ, Jan 25, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 25, 2019
  4. Microsoft Family & permission

Ask for Permission - Google Chrome

Hi Julian,

The issue regarding the permission when you're trying to use the different browser is because of the settings on
    Family and Safety. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you check if the account that you are using is already removed to the
    Family list. To remove your account to the Family, you may follow the steps below:

• Use the Adult account to log in using this link.
    • Click on the Family tab.
    • On the account that you want to remove, click More > Remove from family.
    • Then click Remove to confirm.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Family & permission

1. Microsoft Family & permission - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family permission

2. Family Permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Permissions: Was removed from the family safety thing And have restarted And still getting pop ups asking for permission, When I clicked ask my email they always say " Something went wrong " I don't know why I am still getting these popups if I'm no longer in a microsoft family safety...
  3. Not in a microsoft family, but still need permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not in a microsoft family, but still need permissions: I am not in a family but i am still geting the request for permissions window. I am 18+ and my account is registered as 18+. How do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-in-a-microsoft-family-but-still-need/b4ab9221-08b4-4eba-99da-c67e4ee0531e
  4. Not in a microsoft family, but still need permissions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Not in a microsoft family, but still need permissions: I am not in a family but i am still geting the request for permissions window. I am 18+ and my account is registered as 18+. How do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-in-a-microsoft-family-but-still-need/b4ab9221-08b4-4eba-99da-c67e4ee0531e
  5. Not in a microsoft family, but still need permissions

Not in a microsoft family, but still need permissions: I was never in a microsoft family but when I tried to purchase something it wouldn't let me get to the checkout page. I don't have the permission to buy things even though I was never in a microsoft family. I've already tried changing things up but that didn't work...
  6. Not in a microsoft family, but still need permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not in a microsoft family, but still need permissions: I was never in a microsoft family but when I tried to purchase something it wouldn't let me get to the checkout page. I don't have the permission to buy things even though I was never in a microsoft family. I've already tried changing things up but that didn't work...
  7. Microsoft Family Website Permissions

Microsoft Family Website Permissions: After "Allowing" access to website, child is still unable to access and is repeatedly notified that they must request permission to visit the site. Despite repeated attempts, access is not provided despite being "Allowed". How can I provide my child access to the following...
  8. Microsoft Family Permissions

Microsoft Family Permissions: My Microsoft Family permissions seem to have become corrupted on one device. I am set up as the Adult and Administrator, but whenever I try to access certain apps such as Photos or Store I get asked to email an Adult and when I do that I get the error below. How can I reset...
  9. Microsoft Family Permissions

Microsoft Family Permissions: My 'Microsoft Family' has 2 adults including myself and several child accounts. For reasons I have never undertood, requests for "additional screen time" only come to me, and not to my wife. Even if she uses the "my parent is here" option, she cannot grant him more time....
  10. Microsoft Family Child Permissions

Microsoft Family Child Permissions: I want to block Google Hangouts which has an address of hangouts.google.com But my child needs access to Google Docs which has an address of google.com/drive My question is can I block certain sites in google.com but allow others? Thanks! Larry...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone family permission

2. ask for permission windows

3. windowfamilypermission

4. roblox child permission microsoft family