Windows 10: Microsoft Family Permissions

Discus and support Microsoft Family Permissions in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My Microsoft Family permissions seem to have become corrupted on one device. I am set up as the Adult and Administrator, but whenever I try to access... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by BarryFair1, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Microsoft Family Permissions

My Microsoft Family permissions seem to have become corrupted on one device. I am set up as the Adult and Administrator, but whenever I try to access certain apps such as Photos or Store I get asked to email an Adult and when I do that I get the error below. How can I reset the settings on this device WIndows 10 Pro; 2004 Update

Microsoft Family Permissions ebbb117c-efc4-4cff-ac84-43b23a49640a?upload=true.jpg

:)

BarryFair1, Jul 26, 2020

2. Microsoft Family spurious "ask for permission" message

Thank you for your reply.

I'm sorry to hear that you are facing the issue again.

Just to narrow down the issue, I suggest you to
    follow the methods mentioned below.

Method 1

1. Login to
      https://account.microsoft.com/family/
      with the Microsoft Account and check if it says Adult/child account.
    2. After checking the credentials, see if it is part of a family then remove it from the family group and check the status of the issue.
    If the issue still persists, refer method 2.

Method 2

I suggest you to create a new user profile in Windows 10 and check the status of the issue.

Refer the article Create a local user or administrator account
    in Windows 10
    for the steps.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Still need permission even though i am not in a family group

• I am not getting any error messages
    • I've just started experiencing these issues, because I haven't log into my Microsoft account since I had my Xbox 360 and made a parental account which I own. Anyways I bought a pc the other day and when I saw that my main account was listed as a child's
      account I exited the family in that account and I yet require permission from an adult account. Besides leaving the family I don't remember making any prior change.
    • Well I joined the family group again and try to give my self permission on the adult account but didn't understand what steps to take so, I left the family group again, but this time I made my account an adult account, but I still required permission.

Infinity_-FightZ, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Microsoft Family Permissions

Ask for Permission - Google Chrome

Hi Julian,

The issue regarding the permission when you're trying to use the different browser is because of the settings on
    Family and Safety. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you check if the account that you are using is already removed to the
    Family list. To remove your account to the Family, you may follow the steps below:

• Use the Adult account to log in using this link.
    • Click on the Family tab.
    • On the account that you want to remove, click More > Remove from family.
    • Then click Remove to confirm.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Family Permissions

1. Microsoft Family Permissions - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Permissions

2. Family Permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Permissions: Was removed from the family safety thing And have restarted And still getting pop ups asking for permission, When I clicked ask my email they always say " Something went wrong " I don't know why I am still getting these popups if I'm no longer in a microsoft family safety...
  3. Not in a microsoft family, but still need permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not in a microsoft family, but still need permissions: I am not in a family but i am still geting the request for permissions window. I am 18+ and my account is registered as 18+. How do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-in-a-microsoft-family-but-still-need/b4ab9221-08b4-4eba-99da-c67e4ee0531e
  4. Not in a microsoft family, but still need permissions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Not in a microsoft family, but still need permissions: I am not in a family but i am still geting the request for permissions window. I am 18+ and my account is registered as 18+. How do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-in-a-microsoft-family-but-still-need/b4ab9221-08b4-4eba-99da-c67e4ee0531e
  5. Not in a microsoft family, but still need permissions

Not in a microsoft family, but still need permissions: I was never in a microsoft family but when I tried to purchase something it wouldn't let me get to the checkout page. I don't have the permission to buy things even though I was never in a microsoft family. I've already tried changing things up but that didn't work...
  6. Not in a microsoft family, but still need permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not in a microsoft family, but still need permissions: I was never in a microsoft family but when I tried to purchase something it wouldn't let me get to the checkout page. I don't have the permission to buy things even though I was never in a microsoft family. I've already tried changing things up but that didn't work...
  7. Microsoft Family Website Permissions

Microsoft Family Website Permissions: After "Allowing" access to website, child is still unable to access and is repeatedly notified that they must request permission to visit the site. Despite repeated attempts, access is not provided despite being "Allowed". How can I provide my child access to the following...
  8. Microsoft Family Permissions

Microsoft Family Permissions: My 'Microsoft Family' has 2 adults including myself and several child accounts. For reasons I have never undertood, requests for "additional screen time" only come to me, and not to my wife. Even if she uses the "my parent is here" option, she cannot grant him more time....
  9. Microsoft Family & permission

Microsoft Family & permission: Hello, I have an Office 365 Family subscription which I share with my kids & partner and I struggle to set up permissions to limit who can see what. In details: 1/ Partner is not children's mother, so should not see the activity reports. Yet, the emails are send to both...
  10. Microsoft Family Child Permissions

Microsoft Family Child Permissions: I want to block Google Hangouts which has an address of hangouts.google.com But my child needs access to Google Docs which has an address of google.com/drive My question is can I block certain sites in google.com but allow others? Thanks! Larry...