Windows 10: Microsoft family problem

Discus and support Microsoft family problem in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I remove one account from my account's family as a child, but it cause a problem to "Child" laptop. Now, the laptop account is having a restriction... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by KimmoRöntynen, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Microsoft family problem

I remove one account from my account's family as a child, but it cause a problem to "Child" laptop.

Now, the laptop account is having a restriction which close the account at 00:00 in every night??????

This child account hasn't have any time limits for usage previously????????

I re-connect the account and check the restrictions => no restriction??????

Now, I don't know how to remove this "new teasing feature" from the child account!

Kimmo

:)

KimmoRöntynen, Dec 16, 2018

2. Microsoft Family

Hi,

It could be because of the settings on the Family and Safety feature or the account you're using is added to a Family. With that being said, we suggest that you check if the account that you are using is a part of the
    Family list. To check on it, go to Cortana
    and search for Family Options.

To remove your account to the Family, you may follow the steps below:

• Use the Adult account to log in using this link.
    • Click on the Family tab.
    • On the account that you want to remove, click More > Remove from family.
    • Then click Remove to confirm.

Let us know how it goes and feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Dec 16, 2018
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Microsoft Family blocking youtube and google

To help us pinpoint the root cause of the issue, we would like to know if you also experience the issue with other Google websites? (Gmail, Google Maps, etc.)

Kindly also try to use a new InPrivate window and try to visit YouTube and Google again. Follow the steps below:

• Open Edge.
    • Click on the three dots icon on the upper-right part of the screen.
    • Click New InPrivate window.

We also suggest that you use the Feedback Hub to help us make Windows and Microsoft Family better. You can provide feedback about Microsoft Family by sharing your suggestions or problems.

You can access the Feedback Hub by clicking on Windows Feedback on the app list. You can also type
    Windows Feedback on Cortana.

Keep us posted on the status of the issue.

Gino Des, Dec 16, 2018
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

Microsoft family problem

Microsoft family blocking chrome

Hello
    MayceHoag,

To disable family features and turn off family settings on Windows 10, I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in these support articles:

Make sure you're signed in with your Microsoft account to
    account.microsoft.com/family

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft family problem

1. Microsoft family problem - Similar Threads - Microsoft family problem

2. Microsoft Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family: I bought a new, cheap laptop about a week ago which was working fine. This was the first computer I've signed in with my Microsoft account (did it on a phone once or twice). Then I got home to find Chrome not working; it gave me the "you'll need a new app to open this...". So...
  3. Microsoft Family

Microsoft Family: I am using Microsoft Family to control my children's accounts. One one of the children's accounts I am trying to change the default search form Bing to Google. I seem to be able to make the change in Edge and it says Google is the default search. But still when a new Tab is...
  4. Microsoft Family

Microsoft Family: Alguien me puede orientar sobre lo que es la configuracion de Microsoft Familia. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family/c7bb275b-f5e9-4f13-b653-463c62282e8c"
  5. Microsoft Family

Microsoft Family: Every time I try to link my child's account our parent account, I get this message: Sorry, something went wrong. We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little while....
  6. Microsoft Family

Microsoft Family: I removed myself from a family account MONTHS ago yet I my computer still has restricions on it and I cannot use my computer after 9 pm and can only start once again at 7 am. I'm at a point where I'm thinking of just getting a brand new laptop. and yes I have done...
  7. family permissions problem

family permissions problem: Windows 10, Minecraft. ALWAYS wants to ask for permissions, profile says "always allow" but keeps asking for permissions. Have never been able to let my kid play. ANYBODY got an idea how to get this to work?...
  8. Microsoft family problem

Microsoft family problem: I have Microsoft Family with adult and child accounts. Recently I’ve decided to remove a child account from the family but I encountered an issue. The restriction appeared on the laptop with the Child account - it closes at the midnight every night. However I hadn’t set any...
  9. microsoft family

microsoft family: I am trying to open google chrome but get the following message: Ask for permission You’ll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Google Chrome Ask by email Trace ID: ubsAMd+XLkiXp74w.3.0 (Win32:chrome.exe:C=US, S=California, L=Mountain View, O=Google Inc,...
  10. Microsoft Family

Microsoft Family: I am in my Microsoft family as a child, and the Family's parent is my father, who left us (didn't die, just divorce) a while ago, but I am still under his family. I have emailed him asking him to remove me, but the few times he responds, he says he 'doesn't know how to access...