Windows 10: Microsoft Family prompting to update Windows, despite Windows being fully updated

Discus and support Microsoft Family prompting to update Windows, despite Windows being fully updated in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; This issue has persisted on one system for a few weeks now. Receive the following message on several of the child accounts when I access the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by lupcon, May 20, 2020.

1. lupcon Win User

Microsoft Family prompting to update Windows, despite Windows being fully updated

This issue has persisted on one system for a few weeks now. Receive the following message on several of the child accounts when I access the https://account.microsoft.com/family/ website:

Update your family member's Windows 10 device xxxxxxxxx to get family features to work.

It is followed by a link with instructions on how to use Windows Update. The system appears to be fully updated current build 19041.264, with "you're up to date" displayed when I manually check for updates.

Solution?

:)

lupcon, May 20, 2020

2. Microsoft Windows Updates

Microsoft has released several updates for Windows Vista, as well as an update for Windows Media Player 11 in both XP and Vista. Download them bellow or through Windows Update.

Download

HellasVagabond, May 20, 2020
  3. malware Win User
    Microsoft Prepares Update for Windows Home Server

Microsoft's Windows Home Server officially launched earlier this month, is already preparing to be updated. Microsoft says that the new update is "part of the ongoing process of continually enhancing the customer experience with Windows Home Server." The update includes a few feature additions for Windows Home Server. Currently, users who login to their server when away from their home network - through an external URL like https://yourname.homeserver.com - are greeted with a security warning. The November 27 update will now provide users with a trusted SSL certificate for their Windows Home Severs. The SSL certification was provided with the help of Windows Live Domains and GoDaddy. Other new features include a "Delete All" button to remove home computer backups. Microsoft has also taken steps to make the Shared Folders and Server Storage aspects of Windows Home Server more robust and user friendly.

Source: DailyTech

malware, May 20, 2020
  4. bigscale Win User

Microsoft Family prompting to update Windows, despite Windows being fully updated

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, May 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Family prompting to update Windows, despite Windows being fully updated - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family prompting

2. Defender Updating Despite Windows Updates Being On Pause

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Updating Despite Windows Updates Being On Pause: So if I have Windows Update paused and Defender is part of Windows why is Defender updating IF updates are paused?Pretty damn angry on this one. My monitor was switched off powered on and I came home to a dead monitor.No power. Cannot turn on. Dead like disco.I am now...
  3. Why is Update running despite being paused?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is Update running despite being paused?: Hi. I've been coping with this for two years, and I've finally had enough of it. Why is Windows updating for over half an hour, taking 100% of my HDD and preventing me from doing anything even Event Viewer crashed the first time I opened it, even though updates are paused...
  4. Not showing update despite there being some

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not showing update despite there being some: Hi all. I have recently paused updates but I have now resumed them and it says up to date. However I know I need to get the March update for version 2004 which I was being prompted to up date to before I paused them. Are the any other methods to make windows check for...
  5. Family settings despite not being part of a Microsoft family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family settings despite not being part of a Microsoft family: Recently I have been unable to use any search engines besides Edge. When I try I receive a family features pop up stating "You'll need to ask to use this app" and "You can't use Firefox because of your family safety settings, but it doesn't hurt to ask" I am not a part of any...
  6. After windows update, I'm being prompted to activate windows?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After windows update, I'm being prompted to activate windows?: Good evening folks, got a bit of a weird one. So I've had this PC for about 3 or so years. Never upgraded it excluding the CPU. I've always had the same OS Windows 10 Home. I was watching Netflix where I noticed a small but irritating notification on the bottom right of my...
  7. After windows update, I'm being prompted to active windows?

After windows update, I'm being prompted to active windows?: Good evening folks, got a bit of a weird one. So I've had this PC for about 3 or so years. Never upgraded it excluding the CPU. I've always had the same OS Windows 10 Home. I was watching Netflix where I noticed a small but irritating notification on the bottom right of my...
  8. Microsoft Family Features - Disabling Access to Firefox Despite Being Disabled

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Features - Disabling Access to Firefox Despite Being Disabled: I have completely disabled microsoft family features. Despite this, firefox still refuses to launch, with a dialogue box stating "you need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: firefox". The option of ask by email causes a "something went wrong" message, with the...
  9. Windows update automatically updated my system despite being Disabled!

Windows update automatically updated my system despite being Disabled!: I'm very disappointed to know that my Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Edition does not respect my privacy whatsoever. Last week I upgraded to Windows 10 Home Edition (clean installation) for the first time from my previous Windows 8.1 OS that I had running for 4 years. I disabled...
  10. Windows Defender says unprotected despite being enabled and updated

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender says unprotected despite being enabled and updated: Windows Defender says potentially unprotected despite being enabled and up to date and I ran a scan. It just recently had one of the common errors where it failed to update. 71218