Windows 10: Microsoft Family question...

Discus and support Microsoft Family question... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi Guys i would like to know if will add and Aduld in Microsoft Family, would i be able to see the location of that persion and vice versa? Thank... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by 4k3or3et, Nov 22, 2019.

1. 4k3or3et Win User

Microsoft Family question...

Hi Guys

i would like to know if will add and Aduld in Microsoft Family, would i be able to see the location of that persion and vice versa?

Thank you.

:)

4k3or3et, Nov 22, 2019
  2. Ferdz Amp Win User

microsoft family questions

Hello,

You might be facing this issue due to the account is not configured properly.
    We suggest you to remove the child account from family safety, re-add it again and check if the issue still persists. You may follow the steps below:

Remove a child via Family Safety website

• Sign in at account.microsoft.com/family using the parent account.
    • Click the More button next to the child account that you want to remove.
    • Then click Remove from family. Click again on
      Remove to confirm.

Add a child via Family Safety website

• Sign in at
      account.microsoft.com/family
      using the parent account.
    • If this is your first time setting up a family, select Add a child.

If you've already added child accounts to your family, go to Select a child to view or edit their settings and then select
      Add.
    • Enter your child's email address and select Send invite. If your child doesn't have an email address, select
      Create a new email address for your child and follow the instructions on the screen.

Your child will need to accept the invite from their email.

Let us know how it goes and we will be glad to assist you further.

Ferdz Amp, Nov 22, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, Nov 22, 2019
  4. Microsoft Family question...

Microsoft Family

Hi,

It could be because of the settings on the Family and Safety feature or the account you're using is added to a Family. With that being said, we suggest that you check if the account that you are using is a part of the
    Family list. To check on it, go to Cortana
    and search for Family Options.

To remove your account to the Family, you may follow the steps below:

• Use the Adult account to log in using this link.
    • Click on the Family tab.
    • On the account that you want to remove, click More > Remove from family.
    • Then click Remove to confirm.

Let us know how it goes and feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Family question...

1. Microsoft Family question... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family question

2. Question about Microsoft Family Mode

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Question about Microsoft Family Mode: I have a question about Microsoft Family mode. If the child is using a website, will the parent be able to see what they’re doing on the website or just the website itself? Ex:if a child is using discord, will the parents be able to see the servers they are on?...
  3. Microsoft Family Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Question: I have a question. If I have a child microsoft account can my parents/Administrator see what I log into on my browser. I would really like to know? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-question/2e3d7d80-ee89-4a4c-881e-ed5789960286
  4. Microsoft Family Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Question: I have a question. If I have a child microsoft account can my parents/Administrator see what I log into on my browser. I would really like to know? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-question/2e3d7d80-ee89-4a4c-881e-ed5789960286
  5. Microsoft Family Restrictions- Not in a family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Restrictions- Not in a family: I am 18 and I keep getting Microsoft family restriction randomly. I am not in a family group nor was I in one in the past with other people. When I first got my surface pro 8 I did create a family group, but I was the only one in it-- I was basically in a "family" but it was...
  6. Microsoft Family Restrictions- Not in a family

Microsoft Family Restrictions- Not in a family: I am 18 and I keep getting Microsoft family restriction randomly. I am not in a family group nor was I in one in the past with other people. When I first got my surface pro 8 I did create a family group, but I was the only one in it-- I was basically in a "family" but it was...
  7. Microsoft Family Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Question: Hello,I am currently part of a Microsoft family. Does being so restrict my ability to switch to a local account on my computer? I am currently unable to do so. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-question/6f2f1939-1a84-4768-ba03-4016a4860d03
  8. Microsoft Family Question

Microsoft Family Question: Hello,I am currently part of a Microsoft family. Does being so restrict my ability to switch to a local account on my computer? I am currently unable to do so. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-question/6f2f1939-1a84-4768-ba03-4016a4860d03
  9. Microsoft Family Question

10. Microsoft family

Microsoft family: I invited my wife's email account to join our existing Microsoft family. When she accepts from her computer will her windows system download my Microsoft family login profile on to her computer? Will her windows user profiles sync with my user profiles and populate her...