Windows 10: Microsoft Family - Remove Member does not work to stop popups for permission

Discus and support Microsoft Family - Remove Member does not work to stop popups for permission in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I've followed all the instructions on how to resolve the dreaded 'Ask a parent' popup, but to no avail. I ultimately removed my family member, and yet... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MichaelWard64, May 2, 2020.

1. Microsoft Family - Remove Member does not work to stop popups for permission

I've followed all the instructions on how to resolve the dreaded 'Ask a parent' popup, but to no avail. I ultimately removed my family member, and yet she still gets the 'ask a parent by email' popup. I did get the emails, I clicked 'Allow'. I visited the family site, I clicked allow on each notification, and then ultimately removed her from the family. Nothing works. We even modified her birthday, given she's almost an adult anyway and doesn't need parent controls. So, what do we do? We've restarted the PC several times. This is Windows Home v1809 build, current on updates. We resorted to a local account which was previously setup during Windows install, and we are desperately not logging into any Windows account and synching the entire experience to a Microsoft account to avoid even further frustration. This does in fact work. Of course, this is a local account, which then prevents her from benefiting if there are any benefits from her Microsoft login. I mean - email is gmail, browsing is Google, and everything else Music, Books, Movies are all non-Microsoft. For simply installing Office 365 for her to have that on her PC because schools are so locked into the Office cult, we get this wonderful gift of a total cluster of a user experience. This frustration causes more trouble that the Office 365 is worth. Installing Office is when this Family issue started. You think you can simply install a tool, use Word or Excel, and be happy. But no. The baggage you get is unwanted and wasn't asked for. She could have just used Google docs and we would have been better off. $70 for Office. Frustration - priceless.

What's interesting too is this PC was built in early 2019, just a year ago. So, basically still peeling the plastic stickers off. We bought Windows from Microsoft - an online download. Yet, here we are fully expecting the solution lies somewhere in the fact I see a message that says my version of the OS is near end of life? What's up with that? I bought it a year ago.

Again, what do we do? What is it that the PC needs to synch with the family account? Time? How much time? Restarts? How many restarts? Upgrades? How many upgrades? Or should I just buy an Apple?

:)

MichaelWard64, May 2, 2020
  2. gamoses Win User

broken "family member needs to sign in"

Parental controls stopped working. Family.Microsoft.com has alert: "Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device AngLaptop2014 for family features to work.

But the "how to fix this" says

• Select Accounts > Family & other people
    • Under Your family, select your family member, then select Allow
    • Have your family member sign in with their Microsoft account if asked to
    And the steps don't apply. The account is already allowed, and there is no option to change that.

Now what???

gamoses, May 2, 2020
  3. removing a family member

I like to remove a family member from the account but when I select family member I do not see remove option and the only choices are either Block to sign or change. Any suggestion.

MariamMoasser, May 2, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Microsoft Family - Remove Member does not work to stop popups for permission

Add member to your Microsoft family in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To add a family member to your Microsoft account, I suggest you to follow the steps from

Add members to your Microsoft family.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 2, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Family - Remove Member does not work to stop popups for permission

1. Microsoft Family - Remove Member does not work to stop popups for permission - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Remove

2. Cant remove family members

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant remove family members: I have been trying to remove two accounts from my family group. I have been unable to do so due to the same error messages saying to manage consent but it does not give me the option to manage consent for these accounts. They are like ghost accounts, I cant remove them and I...
  3. Cant remove family members

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant remove family members: I have been trying to remove two accounts from my family group. I have been unable to do so due to the same error messages saying to manage consent but it does not give me the option to manage consent for these accounts. They are like ghost accounts, I cant remove them and I...
  4. FAMILY MEMBER CAN'T BE REMOVED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FAMILY MEMBER CAN'T BE REMOVED: So I am trying to remove a user on my account who is set up as a family member. I've read through forums and they all have the same answer. To log into microsoft online, and navigate to the family member you're trying to remove , and remove them.In my settings, it shows him...
  5. FAMILY MEMBER CAN'T BE REMOVED

FAMILY MEMBER CAN'T BE REMOVED: So I am trying to remove a user on my account who is set up as a family member. I've read through forums and they all have the same answer. To log into microsoft online, and navigate to the family member you're trying to remove , and remove them.In my settings, it shows him...
  6. Removing Family Members from Microsoft family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Family Members from Microsoft family: I need help removing family members from my microsoft family. When I try to remove an account I get this error: You can't remove XXXXX from the family group.Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent...
  7. Removing Family Members from Microsoft family

Removing Family Members from Microsoft family: I need help removing family members from my microsoft family. When I try to remove an account I get this error: You can't remove XXXXX from the family group.Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent...
  8. Removing members from family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing members from family: I recently tried to remove a member from my family and it does not work. I tried removing it from both accounts in the family. both accounts say, "Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent for Ben...
  9. Removing members from family

Removing members from family: I recently tried to remove a member from my family and it does not work. I tried removing it from both accounts in the family. both accounts say, "Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent for Ben...
  10. Removing a family member

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removing a family member: I am following the steps to remove a family member but there is no option to remove. My husband and I had separate accounts and I need to merge them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-a-family-member/4f18adcc-3ce4-405e-bb25-554c70af8b83

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft family features disabled