Windows 10: microsoft family report incorrectly showing microsoft store as most used app

Discus and support microsoft family report incorrectly showing microsoft store as most used app in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I recently started using Microsoft Family parental controls which are built into Windows 10. It seems like the report is inaccurate. there is a section... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JollyGiant1031, Apr 23, 2020.

1. microsoft family report incorrectly showing microsoft store as most used app

I recently started using Microsoft Family parental controls which are built into Windows 10. It seems like the report is inaccurate. there is a section which lists the most used apps. On my son's report, it shows the Microsoft Store as the most used app, nearly 16hrs in the week. I don't think he uses that app much at all. On the other hand, I know he is on Discord almost all the time, and it doesn't even register. Why is that?

:)

JollyGiant1031, Apr 23, 2020

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Apr 23, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Apr 23, 2020
  4. sam02 Win User

microsoft family report incorrectly showing microsoft store as most used app

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

microsoft family report incorrectly showing microsoft store as most used app

1. microsoft family report incorrectly showing microsoft store as most used app - Similar Threads - microsoft family report

2. Issue with Microsoft Store Incorrectly Showing Installed App POWERTOYS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Microsoft Store Incorrectly Showing Installed App POWERTOYS: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I am encountering an issue with the Microsoft Store where it inaccurately displays the Power Toys app as "Installed" on my system when it is not. I have attempted basic troubleshooting steps but require your assistance to resolve this problem...
  3. Issue with Microsoft Store Incorrectly Showing Installed App POWERTOYS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Microsoft Store Incorrectly Showing Installed App POWERTOYS: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I am encountering an issue with the Microsoft Store where it inaccurately displays the Power Toys app as "Installed" on my system when it is not. I have attempted basic troubleshooting steps but require your assistance to resolve this problem...
  4. Issue with Microsoft Store Incorrectly Showing Installed App POWERTOYS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft Family - show app use time by day?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family - show app use time by day?: Hello, It seems like Microsoft Family shows the average number of minutes that a certain app was used. Is it possible to set it so I only see the number of minutes used on certain apps today? Thank you!...
  6. Microsoft Family - show app use time by day?

Microsoft Family - show app use time by day?: Hello, It seems like Microsoft Family shows the average number of minutes that a certain app was used. Is it possible to set it so I only see the number of minutes used on certain apps today? Thank you!...
  7. Microsoft Store hangs on pending for most apps

Microsoft Store hangs on pending for most apps: Hi,I bought a new PC. Windows 11 came pre-installed. It is up-to-date i.e. have latest updates when I check.Network connection is good. Can browse internet, download quite fast etc. Broadband speed check is good. Have MBytes of download speed.When I try to download apps in...
  8. microsoft family not reporting activity

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    microsoft family not reporting activity: just recently set up Microsoft family, and it is not reporting activity to the parent's device. I have looked all day at forums and tried everything they suggest, yet there has been none to work. I have done these on both computers in the family. the screen time and app...
  9. Microsoft family reporting is confusing

Microsoft family reporting is confusing: The activity reports that I receive about my daughter's use of the computer are confusing. The overall screen time reported is far larger than the sum of the time spent on each reported application. Furthermore, there are no reports about websites visited even though she does...
  10. no reported activity on Microsoft Family

no reported activity on Microsoft Family: I cannot see any activity reporting when I log in Microsoft Family. I receive a message that ‘some settings on your child's device don't allow activity reporting’. It also ask me to ensure that the level for Diagnostic Data is set to Enhanced or Full. But, as I see, this...