Windows 10: Microsoft Family reports in French instead of Dutch Belgium

Discus and support Microsoft Family reports in French instead of Dutch Belgium in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Dear, The majority of the people living in Belgium speaks Dutch. Unfortunately "Microsoft Family" is sending me e-mails in French. All settings... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JoOnraet, Apr 10, 2020.

1. JoOnraet Win User

Microsoft Family reports in French instead of Dutch Belgium

Dear,

The majority of the people living in Belgium speaks Dutch.

Unfortunately "Microsoft Family" is sending me e-mails in French.

All settings for all accounts parent + family members are defined correctly:

• https://account.microsoft.com/profile/
      • Region: België aka Belgium
      • Display language: Nederlands Nederland aka "Dutch Netherlands"
        -> Please notice I'm selecting "Nederlands Nederland" here since there's no option "Nederlands België".
    • Local Windows settings:
      • Timezone: Brussel, Kopenhagen, Madrid, Parijs
      • Country or region: België
      • Regional settings: Nederlands België
      • Windows display language: Nederlands België
      • Preferred languages: Nederlands België

Still I'm receiving e-mail reports in French!

- Requests for additional time

- The activity report

- Downloads in the Microsoft Store

Kind regards,

Jo

:)

JoOnraet, Apr 10, 2020
  2. TheMaTrIx Win User

French language Marketplace App and Market Descriptions on English phone with Belgium/Dutch settings

Is this some bug or is this the classic "oh its belgium, we'll give them all french" ____, websites and other applications pull, being utterly ignorant that Belgium is composed of 60% dutch speaking people and around 30% French speaking people?

Ok ok, a whopping lot of the flemish people also speak french and not that many french ones speak dutch, but come on.

If you want to install the wrong language, at least use english, then neither of the language groups can be pissed about it.

I hope this is fixed REALLY soon.

So far my phone has automaticly installed 3 or 4 versions of the Marketplace and My Phone apps and each time I was hoping the update would mean the Marketplace was in English or Dutch now.

Oh yeah, if its not bad enough the app is in french, the desciptions of most of the apps are showing in french too!

And to clarify further, NO, I have no, nothing, nada, zilch, rien und geine settings on this entire phone that even remotely would suggest I want anything French on it.

TheMaTrIx, Apr 10, 2020
  3. MarketPlace in French, but need Dutch (phone and Live ID are in Dutch already)?

Sorry, this is not the reply that I needed. I do not want to change the country. Nor change my Live ID, as that one is already in Dutch. These are fine. In Belgium we have three official languages: Dutch (60%), French (39% or even a bit more) and German
    (a minority, but still an official language). Software, locale, language can alwaysa be Belgium-French or Belgium-Dutch, so that is where I pick Dutch, but the Marketplace seems to be in French only?!? for Belgium - even if everything has been set to Dutch;
    including the Live ID. So I do not want to create a different Live ID for a different country (am still in Belgium and am already getting the correct language with my current one). It is only the Marketplace that is is French.

Anonymousefrzerzer, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Lintjens Win User

Language of family report e-mail

Hi,

Is there any way I can change the language of the family activity reports I receive by mail? They are currently in French but I'd like them to be in Dutch or English.

I've checked the language setting by loggin in using my own account, and using the accounts of my childeren. All of them default to Dutch. The only thing I can try is to change the country to The Netherlands instead of Belgium, but I'd rather not.

Many thanks in advance.

Lintjens, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Family reports in French instead of Dutch Belgium - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family reports

2. Why does Microsoft thinks whole Belgium speaks French?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft thinks whole Belgium speaks French?: I wonder, why does the region of in my Windows settings influence the language of some titles in the Microsoft store?Setting it to United states gives me English titlesSetting it to Belgium gives me French titlesWhy is this French?Why does my region influence the title...
  3. Why does Microsoft thinks whole Belgium speaks French?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Microsoft thinks whole Belgium speaks French?: I wonder, why does the region of in my Windows settings influence the language of some titles in the Microsoft store?Setting it to United states gives me English titlesSetting it to Belgium gives me French titlesWhy is this French?Why does my region influence the title...
  4. Microsoft Family not reporting activity for one kid

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family not reporting activity for one kid: We bought two exact computers for our kids two weeks ago. Set up their microsoft accounts exactly the same way. One is reporting activity like normal, they other says 0 minutes of activity. It worked great for two days and then is stopped. I noticed this has been an issue in...
  5. microsoft family reporting and controls stopped working

microsoft family reporting and controls stopped working: I have this setup on my sons windows 10 PC. It worked great for weeks by giving me activity reports, restricting content, screen time controls etc. Now it never shows anything and the controls fail to control access. I've tried EVERY fix suggested! I've checked all the...
  6. Microsoft Family Safety Activity Report

Microsoft Family Safety Activity Report: Hello, I am having issues with Microsoft Family Safety Activity Report. One computer is not reporting any screen/app usage at all. Others using the same account do, but I am unable to get this one to work. I have tried many fixes from Microsoft and other sources...
  7. Set up Microsoft family activity report

Set up Microsoft family activity report: I have heard about weekly reports for family activity but do not receive them in my email account. Furthermore, when you watch the 35 second video that is supposed to tell you how to "set them up", it simply says "Go to the app to research usage!". That's not a report....
  8. microsoft family not reporting activity

microsoft family not reporting activity: just recently set up Microsoft family, and it is not reporting activity to the parent's device. I have looked all day at forums and tried everything they suggest, yet there has been none to work. I have done these on both computers in the family. the screen time and app...
  9. Microsoft family reporting is confusing

Microsoft family reporting is confusing: The activity reports that I receive about my daughter's use of the computer are confusing. The overall screen time reported is far larger than the sum of the time spent on each reported application. Furthermore, there are no reports about websites visited even though she does...
  10. no reported activity on Microsoft Family

no reported activity on Microsoft Family: I cannot see any activity reporting when I log in Microsoft Family. I receive a message that ‘some settings on your child's device don't allow activity reporting’. It also ask me to ensure that the level for Diagnostic Data is set to Enhanced or Full. But, as I see, this...