Windows 10: Microsoft Family Restrictions

Discus and support Microsoft Family Restrictions in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have tried blocking the usage or time limits of Avast Secure Browser in my kid's laptop with Microsoft Family settings but he is able to use it... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by AntonioGutierrezPena, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Microsoft Family Restrictions

I have tried blocking the usage or time limits of Avast Secure Browser in my kid's laptop with Microsoft Family settings but he is able to use it unrestricted.

He is using it as an alternative browser to escape Edge parental controls, and apparently Microsoft Family is unable to apply time limits on it.

I had this same problem a year ago with ROBLOX, as the time limits were clearly not working, but it was finally solved some months ago.

Any clue about why these limits are not working with Avast Browser?

Thanks

:)

AntonioGutierrezPena, Apr 5, 2021
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Apr 5, 2021
  3. Sten2.0 Win User
    Microsoft family restrictions

Hi,

You actually need your parent to turn off any restrictions on your account. I'm afraid you need to get yourself back to your family temporarily. These are the instructions for an adult account.

• Go to account.microsoft.com/family and sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • To remove a child, find their name, then select Content restrictions. Turn off any settings you may have enabled. Then go back to your family’s page, find the child’s name again, and select More options > Remove
      from family.
    • If you want to remove a child because they’re now an adult, or if an adult account has been misclassified as a child account, they’ll need to verify
      their account

I personally think you should be good without doing the third step, but I can't give you a guarantee.

Hope it does the trick. In case of any issues, I'm happy to help you more when needed. If it worked, please mark the answer as helpful.

Sten2.0, Apr 5, 2021
  4. CP001 Win User

Microsoft Family Restrictions

Microsoft Family content restrictions not updating

Hi,

I have (as parent) added a few websites to the 'Always blocked' list on the 'content restriction' section of my Microsoft Family account. This only seem to apply to the computer where I edited the online 'content restrictions' list. On other computers,
    where I have accounts for my kids, those pages are still accessible. The computer doesn't seem to be synchronising with the online setting. How do I fix this please?

CP001, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Family Restrictions

1. Microsoft Family Restrictions - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Restrictions

2. Microsoft Family Restrictions- Not in a family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Restrictions- Not in a family: I am 18 and I keep getting Microsoft family restriction randomly. I am not in a family group nor was I in one in the past with other people. When I first got my surface pro 8 I did create a family group, but I was the only one in it-- I was basically in a "family" but it was...
  3. Microsoft Family Restrictions- Not in a family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Restrictions- Not in a family: I am 18 and I keep getting Microsoft family restriction randomly. I am not in a family group nor was I in one in the past with other people. When I first got my surface pro 8 I did create a family group, but I was the only one in it-- I was basically in a "family" but it was...
  4. Microsoft Family Restrictions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Restrictions: I just got my pc and had geek squad set it up, and I'm trying to buy minecraft. When I try to buy it, it says i can't cuz of family restrictions even though I am the only one in my family account and I set no restrictions...
  5. Microsoft Family Restrictions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Restrictions: I just got my pc and had geek squad set it up, and I'm trying to buy minecraft. When I try to buy it, it says i can't cuz of family restrictions even though I am the only one in my family account and I set no restrictions...
  6. Microsoft Family restrictions not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family restrictions not working: i have placed time and App limit on my child account. But still he manages to use all blocked apps, surpass the allowed time. I guess he is closing family app using task manager. how can i block him from accessing task manager and installing new apps....
  7. Microsoft Family Restrictions

Microsoft Family Restrictions: I am a kid who is restricted under the Microsoft family safety. We started using that feature roughly 9 months ago. Initially, I was contended with the screen time limits and app restrictions which were set by my dad but as time passed by, my dad would keep on increasing the...
  8. Microsoft family content restrictions

Microsoft family content restrictions: I've set my son up with a child's account and only want to allow him access to certain websites. I inputted all the web addresses but when he tries to access a video on the website for his homework it says that he needs to ask for permission. How can I override this to...
  9. Microsoft Family restrictions

Microsoft Family restrictions: My father removed me from Microsoft Family but I still have restrictions. I have these restrictions on the New Microsoft Edge and some other app where I signed up long ago. Help me change this annoying situation Much appreciated...
  10. Microsoft family yotube restriction

Microsoft family yotube restriction: Hi, i have encounted with a problem of youtube restriction. I have set some links and websites to always allow acces. Youtube link being one of them, but only this link. The problem is that after this specific link has been clicked, whole youtube is avalible to child account...