Windows 10: Microsoft Family Safety: Cannot accept invitation and it goes into a loop

Discus and support Microsoft Family Safety: Cannot accept invitation and it goes into a loop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I wanted to put some limits on my son's screen time. I thought Microsoft Family Safety would be the solution.Problem: My son nor I cannot accept the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hiroki Kudo, Jan 3, 2023.

1. Microsoft Family Safety: Cannot accept invitation and it goes into a loop

I wanted to put some limits on my son's screen time. I thought Microsoft Family Safety would be the solution.Problem: My son nor I cannot accept the invitaion.Description of what is happening:My son didn't even have a Microsoft account on his desktop, so I created a Microsoft account for him.On the same desktop, I created my Microsoft account.With my Microsoft account, I logged into Microsoft Family Safety and sent an invitation to my son.--- the loop begins---He received the invitation in his Outlook inbox, clicked accept.He was sent to the Microsoft Family Safety screen. Clicking "Accept Now

:)

Hiroki Kudo, Jan 3, 2023

2. Microsoft Account Invitation Email Not Received so Account Still Pending.

Hi Aldo,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Can you share few information regarding the issue?

Does both the members log in using their emails?

Are you referring to the invitation to join in Family Safety?

Are you trying to invite the users in family safety, if yes then you need to remove the users who are not receiving the invitation and then re-create the users in the family safety online page.

Go to https://account.microsoft.com/family#/

• Check the user which says invitation has been sent.

• Click on remove link.

• Select the user with the invitation has been sent message.

• Click the add link where you enter the users email address.

I suggest you to follow this steps if you are talking about email invitation about family safety.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Jan 3, 2023
  3. sjoedoyle Win User
    Accepted family invites not displayed

I am having the same issue. I can't update my child's info until he accepts the invite (which we have done numerous times) but when the invite is accepted it states nothing can be done until
    they accept, they'll join your family.

Microsoft needs to get his figured out because it isn't working and the fix listed in the above response doesn't work just sends you in a downward spiral to frustration town.

sjoedoyle, Jan 3, 2023
  4. Microsoft Family Safety: Cannot accept invitation and it goes into a loop

unable to receive family safety invitation.

Wow, that was totally unhelpful.

Perhaps actually answering the questions would be helpful. The links provided no help.

THE EMAIL THAT IS SUPPOSE TO BE SENT IS NOT GETTING SENT.

It's not in the spam folder. It does not exist. I removed the invite from family safety and I invite again. My kid doesn't get the invite, EVER.

Me thinks Microsoft Family Safety needs an enema.

Scott Forbes, Jan 3, 2023
Thema:

Microsoft Family Safety: Cannot accept invitation and it goes into a loop

1. Microsoft Family Safety: Cannot accept invitation and it goes into a loop - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Safety

2. Family member cannot accept invite to join my MS Family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family member cannot accept invite to join my MS Family: I am trying to add a family member to MS365. After adding the new family member the recipient can see my invite in the family account. Accepting the invitation seems to work but then drops back to the initial screen to accept invite. After trying this multiple times the...
  3. Family member cannot accept invite to join my MS Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family member cannot accept invite to join my MS Family: I am trying to add a family member to MS365. After adding the new family member the recipient can see my invite in the family account. Accepting the invitation seems to work but then drops back to the initial screen to accept invite. After trying this multiple times the...
  4. Not allowed to accept Family invitation

Not allowed to accept Family invitation: I have shared my family subscription with my wife but she is unable to accept the invitation due to the fact that she cancelled hers to accept mine and is now over the allowed storage limit. Because of this, Microsoft won't allow here to receive the email she needs to accept...
  5. Not allowed to accept Family invitation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not allowed to accept Family invitation: I have shared my family subscription with my wife but she is unable to accept the invitation due to the fact that she cancelled hers to accept mine and is now over the allowed storage limit. Because of this, Microsoft won't allow here to receive the email she needs to accept...
  6. Not allowed to accept Family invitation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Family Safety issue, unable to accept invitation on childs account, goes into endless loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety issue, unable to accept invitation on childs account, goes into endless loop: Hello,I have made a family for me and my son. Looking at it in my family safety I see only myself. Looking at it from my sons account there is both him and me. If I add him as a member of the family from my account I need to invite him. When I invite him he needs to accept...
  8. Family Safety issue, unable to accept invitation on childs account, goes into endless loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety issue, unable to accept invitation on childs account, goes into endless loop: Hello,I have made a family for me and my son. Looking at it in my family safety I see only myself. Looking at it from my sons account there is both him and me. If I add him as a member of the family from my account I need to invite him. When I invite him he needs to accept...
  9. Microsoft Family Safety: Cannot accept invitation and it goes into a loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety: Cannot accept invitation and it goes into a loop: I wanted to put some limits on my son's screen time. I thought Microsoft Family Safety would be the solution.Problem: My son nor I cannot accept the invitaion.Description of what is happening:My son didn't even have a Microsoft account on his desktop, so I created a Microsoft...
  10. Family member cannot accept invite to join my MS Family

Family member cannot accept invite to join my MS Family: Hi, My wife has an MS account. I have logged on to my account and invited her to join the family to benefit from MS 365 as an organiser. It shows under "Notifications" that her invite is pending. The invite did NOT generate an email to my wife. I have left matters for a...