Windows 10: Microsoft Family Safety - Cannot remove any entry from the "Always allowed" website list

Discus and support Microsoft Family Safety - Cannot remove any entry from the "Always allowed" website list in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; The operation keeps failing and after a bunch of failures I start getting errors trying to access the "account.microsoft.com" itself - it says this:... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Indranath Chunder, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Microsoft Family Safety - Cannot remove any entry from the "Always allowed" website list

The operation keeps failing and after a bunch of failures I start getting errors trying to access the "account.microsoft.com" itself - it says this:

Access Denied
    You don't have permission to access "http://account.microsoft.com/family/settings/content-restrictions/xxxxxxxx

The Access Denied error goes away after a few minutes.

Note: I have some complicated URLs in the "Always allowed" that I am trying to remove. e.g.google.com/url?q=https://docs.google.com/document/d/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/edit?usp%3Dsharing_eip%26ts%xxxxxxxxxx&source=gmail&ust=1608493525047000&usg=xxxxxxxxx_-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Any suggestion to get past this would be great?

Can I even starting to setup the Family Safety configurations from a clean slate?

:)

Indranath Chunder, Dec 22, 2020

2. 'Only see websites on the allowed list' check box missing on family safety website for windows 10

It appears that Microsoft remove the ability to have a while list on windows 10. I want to block all website and only allow the websites on the allowed list. The check box on the family safety website only shows on accounts with devices that are windows
    8.1. I really hope their working on this. Does anyone know if Microsoft has acknowledged this and are going to support this in the future on windows 10?

MichaelGraziano, Dec 22, 2020
  3. SalomehJ Win User
    Microsoft Family safety not blocking websites on the block list.

Microsoft Family safety not blocking websites on the block list.

It doesn't seem work at all actually!

I put www.youtube.com on blocking list but still working on Firefox browser!

please help me!

SalomehJ, Dec 22, 2020
  4. Microsoft Family Safety - Cannot remove any entry from the "Always allowed" website list

"Only see websites on the allowed list" function is missing from family safety

It's possible that you did not understand my question. In the family safety settings there used to be a check box labeled "Only see websites on the allowed list". It gave parents the ability to block all websites except those on the allowed list. I can
    no longer find this feature and I'm curious to know what happened to it or if there is another way to prevent my children from accessing any website other than those I put on the allowed list.

BGquestions, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Family Safety - Cannot remove any entry from the "Always allowed" website list

1. Microsoft Family Safety - Cannot remove any entry from the "Always allowed" website list - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Safety

2. Family Organizer cannot remove child from Family in Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Organizer cannot remove child from Family in Family Safety: Family Organizers cannot remove child from Family.Device screen time limits do not work.All troubleshooting has been followed.MS online chat support was not able to fix the problem.Tech support needed to fix problem....
  3. Family Organizer cannot remove child from Family in Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Organizer cannot remove child from Family in Family Safety: Family Organizers cannot remove child from Family.Device screen time limits do not work.All troubleshooting has been followed.MS online chat support was not able to fix the problem.Tech support needed to fix problem....
  4. Family Organizer cannot remove child from Family in Family Safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Family Safety - Allowed Websites, wildcards in URLs

Family Safety - Allowed Websites, wildcards in URLs: I have blocked google search in my kids profile. With online schooling there are lot of URLs that teachers are sharing which starts with google.com, but actually redirect to separate site. The Url changes by class, but follows same pattern e.g....
  6. Issue with Family Safety allowed website URL address

Issue with Family Safety allowed website URL address: Something seems to be suddenly broken with the way family safety makes the url link for always allowed website that parent adds manually or through automatic approval when child sends "ask for permission" request. When the request is approved and I see the new website is...
  7. Microsoft Family Safety - Blocking Websites

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Family Safety - Blocking Websites: Hi, When I enter in websites to block on my son's profile, these sites are not being blocked, per the browser history. What am I doing wrong? Here is a screenshot of the web browsing portion of the Microsoft Family Safety settings. [ATTACH]...
  8. Microsoft Family safety not blocking websites on the block list.

Microsoft Family safety not blocking websites on the block list.: Microsoft Family safety not blocking websites on the block list. It doesn't seem work at all actually! I put www.youtube.com on blocking list but still working on Firefox browser! please help me!...
  9. Microsoft Family Safety Not blocking websites

Microsoft Family Safety Not blocking websites: Windows 10, up to date. Microsoft Edge downloaded. I have an account set up for my 10 year old. Microsoft Family Safety is enabled. I have 8 websites allowed. "Only Allow These Websites" is enabled. "Block Inappropriate Websites" is enabled. When logged in to her account on...
  10. Family Safety - "always allowed" feature not working

Family Safety - "always allowed" feature not working: My child needs access to Google classrooms for school work. However, I want him to only have access to specific websites rather than him have full internet access. When I add specific websites to "always allowed" following a child sending a permission to me as a parent, it...