Windows 10: Microsoft Family Safety Issue: Asking For Permission to View Website When There is No...

Discus and support Microsoft Family Safety Issue: Asking For Permission to View Website When There is No... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When I try to go on some websites, it says "You'll need to ask to use this webiste"; and it has a button to click on "Ask Now". It won't let me access... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by EH2_805, Dec 18, 2021.

1. EH2_805 Win User

Microsoft Family Safety Issue: Asking For Permission to View Website When There is No...

When I try to go on some websites, it says "You'll need to ask to use this webiste"; and it has a button to click on "Ask Now". It won't let me access the website, which is odd because there are no parents or family members connected to my computer. There are no other devices connected with Microsoft Family Safety. How I remove this restriction? How does this glitch get removed? It isn't allowing me to access basic websites when I don't use this application at all.

:)

EH2_805, Dec 18, 2021
  2. Geethu B Win User

Issue with filtering websites in Family Safety

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with filtering websites in Family Safety.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Incorrect Family Safety settings.

2. Web filtering is not setup correctly.

Try the steps listed here:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if you have setup web filtering correctly or not.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/set-child-limits

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Dec 18, 2021
  3. Family Safety issues

Hi,

Microsoft family features (includes family safety features formerly known as
    Microsoft Family Safety), is a free set of features available on Windows 10 PC and Mobile that is bundled with the Windows 10 operating system.
    Please ensure that the parent email account is set as an administrator on the child's laptop. Once done, you may follow the steps below to properly manage the settings on the Family Safety website:

• On the Start screen, type Family Safety.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click the Family Safety icon.
    • On the bottom part of the window, click Manage settings on the Family Safety website. Your default browser will direct you to the Family Safety website.
    • Sign in using the parent account.

For your reference, you may also check this article regarding Family Safety:
    Frequently Asked Questions.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Dec 18, 2021
  4. Geethu B Win User

Microsoft Family Safety Issue: Asking For Permission to View Website When There is No...

Unable to filter the entire website under Family Safety

Hi Raj,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with filtering websites in Family Safety.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Family Safety settings.

• Web filtering is not setup correctly.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if you have setup web filtering correctly or not.

How do I prevent my child from seeing certain websites or chatting online?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...afety-child-kid-protect-filter-sites-chat-faq

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to refresh Family Safety filter and check if it helps.

How do I refresh the Family Safety Filter?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/family-safety-filter-faq

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Dec 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft Family Safety Issue: Asking For Permission to View Website When There is No... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Safety

2. Family Safety Issue With Websites

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety Issue With Websites: So, not only is the 'ask now' feature not working for a site, the parent of the family can't manually allow it. It's formatted 'example.com' instead of 'www.example.com' or anything like that, and Microsoft is claiming it's not a valid site. The child can get onto it on...
  3. Microsoft Family Safety Ask for Permission Feature

Microsoft Family Safety Ask for Permission Feature: So, to cut to the chase of my problem, Microsoft Family Safety features are a little wonky right now. I've been trying to open Paint 3D and other apps of the computer I am using. However, instead of displaying the "Ask for Permission" feature, it closes the app before it...
  4. Microsoft Family Safety Ask for Permission Feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety Ask for Permission Feature: So, to cut to the chase of my problem, Microsoft Family Safety features are a little wonky right now. I've been trying to open Paint 3D and other apps of the computer I am using. However, instead of displaying the "Ask for Permission" feature, it closes the app before it...
  5. Microsoft Family Safety Ask for Permission Feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Microsoft Family Safety Issue: Asking For Permission to View Website When There is No...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety Issue: Asking For Permission to View Website When There is No...: When I try to go on some websites, it says "You'll need to ask to use this webiste"; and it has a button to click on "Ask Now". It won't let me access the website, which is odd because there are no parents or family members connected to my computer. There are no other devices...
  7. Microsoft Family Safety Issue: Asking For Permission to View Website When There is No...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Safety Issue: Asking For Permission to View Website When There is No...: When I try to go on some websites, it says "You'll need to ask to use this webiste"; and it has a button to click on "Ask Now". It won't let me access the website, which is odd because there are no parents or family members connected to my computer. There are no other devices...
  8. Microsoft Family Safety - Blocking Websites

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Family Safety - Blocking Websites: Hi, When I enter in websites to block on my son's profile, these sites are not being blocked, per the browser history. What am I doing wrong? Here is a screenshot of the web browsing portion of the Microsoft Family Safety settings. [ATTACH]...
  9. Microsoft Family Website Permissions

Microsoft Family Website Permissions: After "Allowing" access to website, child is still unable to access and is repeatedly notified that they must request permission to visit the site. Despite repeated attempts, access is not provided despite being "Allowed". How can I provide my child access to the following...
  10. Microsoft Family Safety Not blocking websites

Microsoft Family Safety Not blocking websites: Windows 10, up to date. Microsoft Edge downloaded. I have an account set up for my 10 year old. Microsoft Family Safety is enabled. I have 8 websites allowed. "Only Allow These Websites" is enabled. "Block Inappropriate Websites" is enabled. When logged in to her account on...